Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure how the Lisa/Ben mind wipe can keep them safe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I just wonder...will Ben have a dream similar to Sam where he has to kill a version of his soul to get back his memories & eventually remember everything?
    That doesn't make sense.

Comment

I thought the mind wipe didn't solve anything. Dean still cares for them, so the demons could still use them as leverage. It was only luck that Ben called Dean. Remember, Crowley spoke with Dean about kidnapping Lisa and Ben. He wanted Dean to know. So now that Lisa and Ben are mind wiped, they are more vunerable. I think this was meant to be goodbye, but I could also see a future storyline there. Like does Ben not remember Dean saving him from the Changlings? Is the wipe compete, like Ben was never kidnapped or is there a hole in the memory that some dude saved him? The only reason I didn't find this as distasteful as the time Clark wiped Chloe's memory, was you could tell that this decision crushed Dean. Jensen Ackles deserves an Emmy for this episode.

Comment

See, I actually think the mindwiped helped for a lot of reasons:

1.) Dean wanted Lisa and Ben to not remember about what's "lurking in the shadows". He wanted Lisa to be unaware of Dean's existence really(except for the "new" Dean that hit her) and wanted Ben to overall not be aware of the supernatural to give him an actual life that Sam never got and that Dean never got.

2.) Lisa and Ben were never targeted by any demons until Crowley wanted them, and the only reason Crowley wanted them is because Castiel said Sam and Dean were off limits. I mean, for an entire season, no monster or demon went after them until Crowley said so. If that's the case, then I don't really see Lisa and Ben getting into any trouble really unless a big bad really, really, really wants their attention or becomes too desperate, which I doubt will ever happen again.

3.) Dean can finally feel some type of freedom and move on with his life while going back to flirting with girls here and there. Sure, he still remembers Lisa, but he's trying to keep that in and hide it through alcohol, flirting with women and possibly from outbursts of anger, lol.

And the main reason....

really, I don't think a lot of people even cared about Lisa and Ben. Their storyline was nice with the "domesticated" Dean, but as season six was a beginning season for a lot of things, it also ended a lot of things, and it quickly ended Dean's domestication, thus, Lisa and Ben aren't really needed and it was nice to see them live because SPN has always been known to kill really anybody off if they please. It's a quick change of pace to see a woman actually live, haha.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Eurynome
        was you could tell that this decision crushed Dean.
        It also worked because we saw a bit of angst from that decision from Sam, who seemed to have really hate what Dean did with the mindwipe, but to Dean, it was all for the best.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-23-2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here's a better question: Why didn't Castiel just erase Sam's memories of Hell? Or if he really wanted Sam and Dean to back off, why not erase their memories of them knowing Castiel is up to something and working with Crowley?

The mindwipe was my realy complaint with the episode. Too cheesy. Should have just had Lisa die so she's gone for good and have Ben go stay with a relative or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kar.
            Here's a better question: Why didn't Castiel just erase Sam's memories of Hell? Or if he really wanted Sam and Dean to back off, why not erase their memories of them knowing Castiel is up to something and working with Crowley?
            I don't know if Castiel was able to erase Sam's memories of Hell, and even Death couldn't(or wouldn't).

And the whole idea of Cas erasing Sam and Dean's memories...while that is plausible, some things shouldn't be touched upon to only further along the storyline, lol.

The mindwipe was my realy complaint with the episode. Too cheesy. Should have just had Lisa die so she's gone for good and have Ben go stay with a relative or something.
            I much prefer the mindwipe, because we need at least one female to survive and Ben going off to stay with someone...that would bring up at least the same amount of questions as the mindwipe dilemma did.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎