Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Let It Bleed?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First let me say that I think this episode would have fared far better if it hadn't aired right before the finale (which has many people buzzing and reeling). I feel the twists from this one are getting lost in the shuffle, as it were.

Okay, starting with Lovecraft was nice. Then finding out Cas stole a book? And glad Bobby's a paranoid bastard and made a copy (that's our Bobby!).

I loved how excited Sam got over Lovecraft's name and how Dean had no idea. Then the segueway to Ben reading the Lovecraft GN was a nice touch. Oh look, Lisa has a new boyfriend! Oh look, Lisa's new boyfriend is now dead!

Dean telling Ben to jump and then hey there Crowley. Seriously, you have to wonder why the evil things hadn't gone after Lisa and Ben before...?

Calling Balthazar was something I didn't expect (don't you guys kind of miss the old days when the boys actually 'hunted' and didn't just summon an angel to fix things/help out? Where's Sam's google-fu when you want it?).

Oh look Dean is having a my-time-in-hell-was-useful flashback. Is it me or is it really boring when Dean does the torture thing?

Awwww, Sam calling Cas and he was there but didn't show himself. Jerk.

The Balthazar and Cas scene was all right but I figured Balthy was playing both sides of the fence.

The spell worked? When Bobby saw the picture I was like "it's someone we know isn't it?" And considering that most of the females on the show are dead it pretty much got narrowed down to Ellie.

Cas appearing and saving Dean then asking him to trust him was a nice moment. Cas, Dean wouldn't even do that for Sam when he tried the same thing in Season 5? What makes you think he's going to do for you what he wouldn't do for Sam?

Confirmation Ellie was the Mom was nice.

Sam got captured. OKay, this is me, right? When they were dragging Sam/Jared to the cell all I could think was "Jared's a big guy, I wonder how much it hurt to do that?"

Lisa's been made into a demon. How much did I love that demon!Lisa did the whole "Ben's actually you're son" thing? Yes, demons lie but they also tell the truth if they think it will rattle someone. It leaves the door open for the fact that Ben could be Dean's.

And that whole time I was wondering why Dean wasn't chanting the Latin and then he finally does it (he should have taught Ben) and then demon!Lisa knifing herself and Dean finishing the Latin anyway. What I don't get is why demon!Lisa went for a non-(immediately anyway) wound? To make Dean suffer?

Sam stealing that car and then Cas healing Lisa. Whoa. And then Dean has Cas pull a mind wipe? Wow. Interesting. Leaves the door open for Lisa and/or Ben to return at some later date but gets them out of the story.

Awww, no 'One Perfect Tear', Dean?

So mostly this episode was to wrap up the Dean&Lisa&Ben thing, which they did. But I really felt that it would have been better served by airing alone. Stupid CW.

Comment

How is this wrapping up the Dean, lisa and ben storyline? At any point, crowley and cas can go after them, and guess what... dean will save them, again. So how does that wrap it up? it doesn't. yes they won't have to remember the agony, but they will be in agony again. do you think cas mind wiped everyone?? nope, and now that he is dark side, ben and lisa are still dean's kryptonite (see what i did there).

anyway, this episode was a 5 at best. particularly how the end, ended. It was just not thought out completely. but hey, i know its tough writing a show like this. if their intent was to "wrap it up," then it failed.

Comment

Seeing as how Lisa and Ben were never in harms way until Castiel told Crowley that the boys were off limits, I doubt Lisa and Ben would get into a lot of trouble or be kidnapped away, haha. I'd say or think otherwise if we had been given an episode of some demon or monster randomly kidnapping them, but, that didn't happen and it only happened with Castiel giving the "rule" to not go after Sam and Dean.

Plus, Castiel being a "God", why would he kidnap Lisa and Ben? Lol, he has powers to destroy an archangel with a snap of his fingers.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Don't know if this has been brought up, but wasn't Bobby's reaction to finding out Dr. V was a monster inhabiting a body completely out of character? Shouldn't he have seen her as no different from the demon that possessed his wife and tried to kill her on the spot?

Comment

There's a difference between a monster having possessed a woman that didn't kill anyone for over 70 years and a demon going after someone as soon as it possesses his wife, lol.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎