No announcement yet.

Chuck's Journey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck's Journey

In this episode it felt like Chuck's journey was complete. He started as a geek, became the Intersect, learned to be a spy, and then in this episode, became a spy without the Intersect.

What have you most enjoyed about Chuck's journey? Do you think he is destined for re-Intersection?

I think Chuck will be re-Intersected, maybe even the very start of S5, because truth be told... Hartley coming back is what saved the day. Chuck tried pleading with Vivian and she was gonna kill him anyways. It wasn't until HW showed her who he really was and what she could be, that got the antidote for Sarah.

Neat bit of work getting the RSF to drop in like that, but I'm betting there was Volkoff connections involved there somehow.

Point is, without the Intersect; Chuck is just a pretty smart dude that knows the intellectual stuff about spying, but physically he wouldn't be able to cut it; unless they retcon it that so much time passed between Cliffhanger and the start of S5 and he intensely trained with Sarah/Casey in that time to handle the fighting/physical skills part of the spy life.

Comment

For the record, I loved pretty much everything about this episode, and whilst they did tie up most of the storylines, I'm SO glad we get another season. The hints for a bigger conspiracy (is Papa be really dead?) and Morgan's take on the Intersect are just too good to be left alone.

I really hope that they don't re-intersect Chuck as I would love for them to do some episodes that are reminisent of season 1 when he freaked out and squealed like a girl. For me, these were the best episodes because they allowed Chuck to be funny and Casey and Sarah to be his kick ass protectors. I don't think for a second that Morgan will suddenly be able to be the perfect spy.

Looking to the new season, I would love to see some of the old faces like Jill, Bryce (even as a ghost if necessary, but I still live in hope that he's not dead), Carina, Mama B, Anna, Harry Tang (who could be a spy by now)... and also baby Clara, who was worryingly absent from the finale - who the hell was looking after her?

Comment

I thought that with the clips (scenes throughout the series) they showed during the last half of the episode it meant that this was to be the series finale but, fortunately for us they found out that they got renewed and that last scene was just added to continue it....or they had that scene filmed too just in case they did get renewed.

Comment

I wonder if the Intersect is now embedded in Chuck. How did he do the parachute without the intersect?

Just like Volkof, the intersect consumed him, maybe Chuck got consumed.

The thing is Chucks brain is special even with the new intersect that seems like anyone can handle.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he could access the intersect, by now it has probably merged with his brain or something.

Comment

^That is an interesting idea. What if Chuck now could learn very quickly all the things he used to do as the Intersect, because his brain has already established those neural pathways? So in one summer Chuck could learn what would take others years?

Comment

Another thing to remember is that Chuck's Intersect is just suppressed; not removed. Decker says, before he puts the glasses on Chuck, that "these are an Intersect suppressor.".

Maybe after having the Intersect all along, suppressed/un-suppressed once before, he is 'flashing' without even realizing it? Could be a neat thing to try to make work if the writers/PTB were so inclined, in S5.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎