Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was there no image of Tom Welling as Superman, CGI or otherwise?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue85
    If he was shown in the full suit, it would have been one less "WTF moment." From a storytelling standpoint, I see no benefit to NOT seeing him in the suit.
    Less controversy for sure. I thought we would see TW in the full suit, but we didn't and it doesn't change the fact I enjoyed the Finale. It was not a flop because I didn't see a few seconds or minutes of Tom in the full suit up close. Clark became Superman and it was shown and that is the most important thing for me.

I liked the shirt rip at the end. What was left from the waste down must have been more important to some than it was for others, referring to the red undies. I just don't know how viewers are going to stand to watch the new Superman movie without those red undies, I say sarcastically.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
      Less controversy for sure. I thought we would see TW in the full suit, but we didn't and it doesn't change the fact I enjoyed the Finale. It was not a flop because I didn't see a few seconds or minutes of Tom in the full suit up close. Clark became Superman and it was shown and that is the most important thing for me.

I liked the shirt rip at the end. What was left from the waste down must have been more important to some than it was for others, referring to the red undies. I just don't know how viewers are going to stand to watch the new Superman movie without those red undies, I say sarcastically.

I don't understand why you're fixated on the red undies; you mention them several times. As was said previously be me and others is that we wanted to see the confident posture of the hero's stance with his cape flowing. The red undies is just part of the costume, but not the only part. TPTB couldn't even give us a complete "waist up" shot of TW in the costume.

The finale was a flop for the multitude of reasons posted already, the (non)handling of the suit is just one small factor.
      Last edited by Blue85; 09-06-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue85
        I don't understand why you're fixated on the red undies; you mention them several times. As was said previously be me and others is that we wanted to see the confident posture of the hero's stance with his cape flowing. The red undies is just part of the costume, but not the only part. TPTB couldn't even give us a complete "waist up" shot of TW in the costume.

The finale was a flop for the multitude of reasons posted already, the (non)handling of the suit is just one factor.
        I saw Tom in that stance several times in his Blur costumes. He didn't have a red cape but it was great just the same. Having a shirt rip showing the S was perfect at the end of the Finale. That's the most important part of the suit anyway.

I'm not the only one that repeats themself but anyway, I mention the red undies because they are so important to many people. Just look around and read the comments about having a SM suit with or without the red undies and the disappointment when they aren't included. Not seeing Tom in the red undies seems to fit in this category. I think they are outdated and I'm glad they are being done away with.

Like I said before, too bad Clark couldn't have had a new style of SM suit at the end but I'll take him in his Blur costumes and the Superman stance I saw him in.

Now, I have gone full circle with thinking a new type of SM suit might have been restricted, but maybe not and it was only a creative choice to use the classic suit with the scenes we got.
        Last edited by SnowBird; 09-07-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I saw Tom in that stance several times in his Blur costumes. He didn't have a red cape but it was great just the same. Having a shirt rip showing the S was perfect at the end of the Finale. That's the most important part of the suit anyway.
          I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Yes, we saw the stance in the Blur costumes and in other shows and movies, we saw Superman in full costume in the stance. But in Smallville, we didn't see him in the full costume -- something that was hyped and teased for some time. That's disappointing.

I'm so glad you enjoyed everything that was given to you and that you have no apparent desire for things to have been better. Perhaps those fans who can grasp the concept that things could have been better are the most disappointed in the finale. For me, knowing that things could have easily been better makes me frustrated that TPTB chose to make a lower quality product. I guess they were looking to settle for "good enough" as opposed to achieving "wow" or "epic." Clearly, they weren't looking to please fans like me.

Comment

• ^^I did enjoy the Finale for the most part with what was shown and I'm not going to worry myself over TW not being shown in the entire suit up close, but that's me.
            Last edited by SnowBird; 09-07-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Even if they didn't have TW wore the full suit, they had to show Clark's first-ever mission in the suit by saving Lois and the plane as well as pushing Apokolips out of Earth. That was as far as they go in presenting Superman as they'd leave it up to others to show the adventures of Superman such as the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

Comment

^^I did enjoy the Finale for the most part with what was shown and I'm not going to worry myself over TW not being shown in the entire suit up close, but that's me.
                What do you think could have made the finale better?

Comment

• That's a loaded question....Maybe Lois wouldn't have had second thoughts about marrying Clark. She took a step back from what was established earlier, although it did provide that great scene of Clark and Lois with the door between them. Sometimes when you change something, it causes a chain reaction which isn't good. I would have liked a more two sided conversation between Lex and Clark but as usual Lex did most of the talking while Clark listened. Tess wouldn't have died but still wiped Lex' memories. I guess I would have liked Smallville to have more money for action stuff, but it was good for what they had to spend...That's all I can come up with. I loved the Finale, I was on a roller coaster of emotions, it was entertaining, beautiful, I was proud of Clark. Concentrate on the good stuff and don't think too hard on what didn't meet expectations. Nothing is perfect.

Comment

• It was laziness to have what little we saw of the suit be computer generated. I think Tom should've just worn it for the fans, since the show was ending anyway.

Comment

• Well, I just found an old interview with TW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bWDkkbl4_o). Towards the end, he clearly stated he does not want to wear the suit at all. Now, in his role as Executive Producer and series star, one could reasonably assume he'd have a say in the matter. Too bad he couldn't do it for the fans and avoid all the controversy. On a side note, I wonder why he's not involved in any new projects since SV.

Comment

• Maybe so.

Comment

• "The suit doesn't make the man..."

After Smallville, I don't care what suit they give him. I just wanna see Tom Welling back in the industry!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎