Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future: Chloe and Oliver

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD NOTE: Please remember to keep this a civil discussion. Everyone is entitled to a differing opinion. If you disagree with it, please disagree respectfully and agree to disagree, regardless of what opinion you have. Baiting people with sarcasm or sarcastic opinions you don't really mean is disrespectful to your fellow posters and their differing opinions. This sort of thing has happened repeatedly in the thread, whether it's fan-on-fan, personal attacks, psychoanalyzing or sarcastic eye-rolls. Please re-read rule #10 before posting again

Comment

• Originally posted by chlo-el
      Hmmmmm I don't think there was anything really shown that Chlollie were actually going their seperate ways or breaking up.
      I agree. This show has never been much for ambiguity or deeper meanings/read between the lines type of scenarios. Basically, unless someone actually says "Chloe and Oliver are no longer together" Or we're shown a scene where they break up, I assume it is expected that the two are still together.
      But like I said before, I think it was left somewhat ambiguous for the mythos fans, as I do believe most people who don't have a clue about the mythos would interpert it as Chlollie being endgame... (no idea if that sentece made sense.. it's late and I'm sleepy.)

Comment

• Originally posted by LorelaiG
        still no buying the "Oliver could be patrolling" aha yeah ok, why not freaking named him. Again Kelly Souders seems to be the biggest Chlollier (considering her position on the show, she is) and she freaking wrote the episode why she didn't included an "Oliver" there?

Ehh so no I am not buying it the 2018Chlollie was obvious and the ambiguity was not on purpose
        I don't buy 2918 Chlollie either. In my imagination, they stayed together after finale, had a child (not sure they got married) and then got separated because of his infidelities and because he couldn't stand coming last in her priorities. That would be in character for both.

Comment

• Well, based on everything (the show, the pre-post interviews, tweets), it was purposefully left open-ended so anyone could believe what they wanted. TPTB took the "PC-safe-try to please everyone" road.

Comment

• They are divorced in 2018, but they have an adorable son! No baby heartbeat in the finale, Chloe didn't get pregnant until almost a year after she left the Kent farm. When decorating the church & talking about being happy they married each other, Chloe's left hand was shown wearing no rings. They are not that type of couple, not traditional.

The final scene Oliver & Chloe share (my fav of them in the finale!), shows a very deliberate close up shot of Chloe's left hand on Oliver, emphasizing a lack of ring there. The next shot of Chloe is reading to her son & even though in the beginning she was reading to him & they avoided showing her left hand, in this ending scene the shot was a deliberate close up of her left hand with rings on her finger. Not just a wedding band, an engagement ring too. Oliver & Chloe were never engaged. Between the birth of their son & Chloe reading the comic, they divorced & Chloe married someone else. She looks happy!
            Yes, I know about Oliver's reputation, but instead of thinking he cheated on her, I'd like to think Chloe just outgrew him (she always seemed more mature), & they parted on friendly terms.
            I enjoyed their relationship for what it was, lighthearted & fun. They were just what the other needed during that time in their lives. I think their relationship on the show benefitted from them only being a couple for a handful of episodes & happening at the end of the series. If it had happened earlier or went on longer, the writers would have contrived some unnecessary drama between them.

Chloe's 1st marriage was young love/first love & ended with her still loving Jimmy when he died. Her 2nd marriage was fun and Ollie helped her get past her darkest time-Jimmy's death & doomsday fiasco and she helped him move past Lois & doomsday. Now, third times the charm & I think she is married to her lifetime love. She got her happy ending. While Chloe is married in 2018, according to the article Lois wrote for the DP, Oliver is single.

Comment

• Originally posted by New2smallville
              They are divorced in 2018, but they have an adorable son! No baby heartbeat in the finale, Chloe didn't get pregnant until almost a year after she left the Kent farm. When decorating the church & talking about being happy they married each other, Chloe's left hand was shown wearing no rings. They are not that type of couple, not traditional.

The final scene Oliver & Chloe share (my fav of them in the finale!), shows a very deliberate close up shot of Chloe's left hand on Oliver, emphasizing a lack of ring there. The next shot of Chloe is reading to her son & even though in the beginning she was reading to him & they avoided showing her left hand, in this ending scene the shot was a deliberate close up of her left hand with rings on her finger. Not just a wedding band, an engagement ring too. Oliver & Chloe were never engaged. Between the birth of their son & Chloe reading the comic, they divorced & Chloe married someone else. She looks happy!
              Yes, I know about Oliver's reputation, but instead of thinking he cheated on her, I'd like to think Chloe just outgrew him (she always seemed more mature), & they parted on friendly terms.
              I enjoyed their relationship for what it was, lighthearted & fun. They were just what the other needed during that time in their lives. I think their relationship on the show benefitted from them only being a couple for a handful of episodes & happening at the end of the series. If it had happened earlier or went on longer, the writers would have contrived some unnecessary drama between them.

Chloe's 1st marriage was young love/first love & ended with her still loving Jimmy when he died. Her 2nd marriage was fun and Ollie helped her get past her darkest time-Jimmy's death & doomsday fiasco and she helped him move past Lois & doomsday. Now, third times the charm & I think she is married to her lifetime love. She got her happy ending. While Chloe is married in 2018, according to the article Lois wrote for the DP, Oliver is single.
              Thanks, didnt know some stuff on there!

Comment

• Divorced. In the episode, 2011 Chloe wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Yet, 2018 Chloe was wearing both a wedding ring and an engagement ring (the latter seems unlikely, as they were never engaged). I went to the Smallville wiki and looked at all images I could find, that showed Chloe's left hand in season 11, but she wore no ring, despite them having been married for over a year. Nor does Oliver appear to be wearing one (in the finale or season 11). So, they're not the kind of couple who does rings. The fact that Chloe wears both an engagement ring and a wedding ring in 2018, suggests that they got divorced, then she got engaged and married someone else. I'd kinda like to say Pete Ross, as her kid's name is Jonathan. I grew up with mostly pre-COIE Superman comics, where Pete had a son named Jonathan "Jon" Ross (whose mother was never established). Meaning them getting married would make Jonathan Queen into Jonathan "Jon" Ross, if they change his last name.

There are also other evidence beyond the rings. We're showed her home in 2018. Oliver's not present, nor does there appear to be any photos of them together nor is he even mentioned. It's never established where this is, but it's clearly in another country and not Star City (as Chloe's tucking her son in for the night, while it's shown to be in the middle of the day in Metropolis). So, Chloe and her son doesn't live in Star City (traditionally, the home of GA) and she's unable to attend her cousin's wedding (being forced to send a gift). Why wouldn't the wife of a billionaire be able to get a private jet (or just a normal airplane ticket) and fly to Metropolis? Her inability would suggest that she no longer has access to his assets (money and jets), like they're divorced.

Comment

• Originally posted by New2smallville
                  There's a hint to their eventual break-up in Smallville: Continuity #4. As they're leaving the hospital, Chloe expresses concern about the world their son's going to grew up in and that she wants the child to have the life they didn't. Even earlier in season 11, they had retired, but Oliver had soon drawn back to his old life of adventure.

So, that could be the answer. No cheating, just a mother deciding that she can't give her child the safe life she wants him to have, as long as she's married to Green Arrow (a superhero with a public identity). So, they divorce and she relocates to Singapore with their child.

Comment

• Of course, in "Titans", Mia Dearden refers to Dinah as Oliver's "not quite ex-girlfriend". Which would suggest to Oliver and Dinah not only having dated offscreen, at some point (season 7?), but still have feelings for each other. So, the cause for the divorce could be a mixture of both: Chloe wanting to shield her son, while Oliver can't keep lying about his feelings for Dinah.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎