No announcement yet.

So did the real Lex die?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    The main problem I think was the show was so hellbent that MR was the only guy who could play Lex, that they passed up this opportunity that could have made alot of sense.
    It wasn't just the show, it was the majority of the viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Starro
      It wasn't just the show, it was the majority of the viewers.
      Sure recasting Lex might have irked a few viewers, but I think general fans or ones who more into comics wouldn't take issue or it wouldn't be enough of an issue to make them quit watching.

I personally never got the Lex love, I liked him but for my money Lionel S1-3 was a hell of alot more entertaining. If I did a Lex recast I would have made him like early season Lionel, which to me would have been a huge improvement on the sympathetic "shades of grey" Lex of early seasons

To me not recasting Lex was an example of a bigger problem the show had of not being able to let things go to move forward.
      Last edited by Supsfan; 05-14-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        LOL, there are too many plotholes in this series for any one plothole to ever know true solitude. Smallville plotholes never run out of fellow plotholes to interact with.

----- Added 40 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by jpfort1957
        so we got Frankenlex

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally Posted by xrayvision
        The Build-A-Lex Cadmus Labs Playset: Comes with plastic & 25 types of molds & dies to build a variety of Lexes that are all cheap knockoffs of the original.
        Last edited by ReignoftheSupermen; 05-14-2011, 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't think this was the case. I think most of this Lex was the original Lex, but certain parts had to be replaced with those of clones. To me, the scenario is that Lex did return from the Arctic, and the one in Bride & Requiem was a clone who was released to ultimately die so that nobody would dig into Lex's whereabouts. I'm pretty sure that area where Lex was all that time was in a room under the mansion from what they said & from where Clark found Lex (at the mansion). That's why it said LX0 for the chamber where he was recovering & having his failing organs replaced. It seemed like he was giving orders for a while & then went comatose until he got a heart.
          I like this explaination.

Comment

I think this may be the movie that inspired FrankenLex...

Comment

Was it the real "original" Lex or was it just a clone? After the mindwipe, it hardly even matters anymore. Either way, the result is a new Lex Luthor, who isn't the same as the one we knew.

Comment

Seems to me the thing of needing the clones to attach pieces to complete his body meaning he did not walk away in the season 7 finale. He was probably seriously injured.

Comment

I was thinking about this a bit more. When you consider that this Lex doesn't have S1-8 Lex's body, brain heart and memories, it's basically another Henry James Olsen situation imo.

Comment

I don't think this is correct. There wasn't anything left of Requiem-Lex but ash from what we saw in that episode.
                    he exploded there had to be guts and peices somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                      I was thinking about this a bit more. When you consider that this Lex doesn't have S1-8 Lex's body, brain heart and memories, it's basically another Henry James Olsen situation imo.
                      Many comics have used a Clone lex storyline so I do think there is kind of a difference. Now if Lex came back and said he is really Fred Alexander Ivan Luthor, then it would be a Henry James Olsen scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                        Many comics have used a Clone lex storyline so I do think there is kind of a difference. Now if Lex came back and said he is really Fred Alexander Ivan Luthor, then it would be a Henry James Olsen scenario
                        So I've heard, but didn't clone Lex have original Lex's brain implanted with his memories intact? The problem here is that there isn't a connection between this Lex and S1-8 Lex other than their DNA. original Lex's run ended in S8, just like original Jimmy's did. Hence the comparison on my part. It didn't have to do with the name.

Comment

I think the Lex elected as President in 2018 is the real Lex. No clone of Lex has ever had Michael's exact facial features, so seeing that Lex as a clone is ridiculous.

Comment

the real lex was the one we saw from till the fortress scene, who got hurt badly, then he came back and was blown up by oliver, his body parts salvaged by the people who worked for him while he was in the truck and all that, and with the salvaged pieces that include his brain and right hand with clone parts, lionels heart and his spirit push back in by darkseid, he was resurrected and with darkseid helping the process he healed up fast and thats who you saw in the end , the real lex in a new body-ish .
                            the memory wipe at the end had to happen to align lex with his comic book counter part,
                            lex never knew about who clark was before he meets him years later and never knew who superman real ID was, so it makes sense that he needed the mind wipe to become the lex of the future.

so in other words, yes this is the real original Lex, but in a new skin , its like a full body skin graft on an huge scale .but with the brain of the original and his spirit intact.

Now some might argue that no way is this lex the real since he cant get his spirit back in his body since we saw it at the start of the season when clark was dead in the field of corn, but then you have to go back to when darkseid told lionel that he needs lionels soul to be able to bring back lex, and if you go back to when zatanna was trying to bring back her dad, she needed to exchange a soul for his to bring him back,
                            so lionel giving his soul was a trade in for lex to bring his real son back.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                              A good right hand man is hard to find (and clone).
                              Can't let this pass.

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (lol)

Comment

This Lex is a clone.
                                I rewatched the scene again an Lionel said to Tess that :

"Lex took the best parts and grafted them into a master work"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎