Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Moment of the FINALE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I've seen the Finale 8 times I think I can narrow this down.

1st viewing-Saving the airplane.
    2nd viewing-Lois and Superman at the airplane window.
    3rd viewing-Lois reading Clark's vows.
    4th viewing-Lois and Clark walking down the aisle.
    5th viewing-back to the airplane save.
    6th viewing-Lois and Clark at the door.
    7th viewing-Lois and the "*****".
    8th viewing-Lois and Clark. DP kiss.

So, I came to the conclusion that my favorite moment of Finale was Lois and Clark at the apartment door. Awesome. From now on, I'm only going to talk to my wife through the door. That'll work.

Comment

Hard to choose, but my two favorite moments, which both happened to be in the Fortress, were:

1. When Clark is in the Hoops of Death and sees all the flashes of the past ten years. Just the emotion of looking back at ten years of supersaves and everything with the anticipation of his imminent transition to Superman, combined with Febre's amazing rendition of the Blur theme (the one that plays on the credits).

2. When Jor-El congratulates Clark on the completion of his journey and rewards him with the suit, along with him putting on the suit while flying out of the Fortress. Everything was made perfect by Jonathan's "Always hold on to Smallville."

Comment

The shirt rip at the end. It gave me chills.

Comment

Many great moments, but I really love the Kent loft scene. Plenty of great moments.

Comment

My favorite moments?

Everything that involved Tess. (Except for Lex killing her. ) From the beginning she was the only character that was actually doing something useful. Instead of lecturing his own mother (the nerve!) and wallowing in self pity because he is so special and no one can understand him... erhm right... Tess. So while someone was wasting time with his relationship drama, Tess was doing her best to save the world. She was proactive and resourceful and the only reason why I didn't pull my hair out during the first hour of the finale. She got kidnapped by loony Lionel who wanted to cut out her heart O_o but it didn't faze her at all. She beat the sh*t out of her kidnappers (And this was btw the best fight scene of the finale, hands down.), managed to save herself (Since no one else seemed to care... ) and as cherry on top shot the bad guy. (Way to go Tess! ) For me this was the best moment of the finale. But seeing as Tess was so kickass and awesome throughout the whole episode, I should suspect right away that writers are going to punish her for it. She stole the show so of course she had to die.

There were some other moments I liked. At the end of Clex scene -> Clark: "I am not sure Clark Kent can save the world alone." Lex: "He can't. We both know who can." Clark: "I am sorry I couldn't save you, Lex." They share a longing glance and then Clark superspeeds away to save the world. (Even though I feared my ears could start bleeding from all the BS they put in Lex' mouth in this episode , this one little moment was worth it. The last bit of Clex. *sigh*)

I also liked that little moment at the wedding when Lois was standing in the doorway nervously fidgeting because she didn't see Clark anywhere. When he took her hand and walked her down the aisle, she looked so happy.

And of course Chlollie scene in the chapel where they reaffirmed their vows and said that marrying each other was their best decision and Chloe's scene with their 'too adorable for his own good' son made my Chlollie heart squee with joy.

Other than that... big load of crap.

Oh wait... shirt rip was kind of cool too. If it wasn't for all the ridiculousness that took place before, I probably wouldn't even laugh at him.

Comment

My favourite bits are from the moment he gets the suit till the end, amazing scenes!

Comment

Originally posted by lanalang1018
                Can’t pick one favorite! Too hard to do that!

- Lois reading Clark’s vows at the DP
                - Clark at the graveyard with Jonathan
                - The door scene with Clark and Lois
                - The entire bit of Clark walking Lois down the aisle (taking her hand, the looks exchanged between the two, Clark finally seeing Jonathan again, and the lines taken from the Pilot: “Everything ok, Smallville?” “Perfect...It’s perfect.”
                - The entire congregation running away from the chapel... just ‘cause it’s funny (as if they KNOW what’s happened to Oliver!)
                - “See you in the funny pages” moment
                - The last loft scene with the Kents all together again
                - Tess kicking Lionel’s ass
                - Lois telling Clark to go save the world... and their last kiss! So perfect.
                - Clark and Lex’s scene (Every line was truly superb! If only Lex mentioned Lana...)
                - The moment Clark learns to fly - beautifully done! (I started cheering hehehe)
                - Lex and Tess FINALLY meet onscreen... and Tess’s shining moment of the entire series.
                - “Always hold on to Smallville” scene! Now THAT was special.
                - Lois seeing Clark through the plane window (and her reaction after!)...and Superman saves the day!
                - Chloe’s little boy was so cut at the end when he looks at the arrows
                - AARON ASHMORE!!!!!
                - The entire Future Daily Planet scene - that was perfection.
                - And of course.... the SHIRT RIP!!!

So basically.... most of the main plot points in the finale. Well.... those were my favorites.
                What he said,agree to all!

Comment

Originally posted by lula18
                  My favorite moments?

Everything that involved Tess. (Except for Lex killing her. ) From the beginning she was the only character that was actually doing something useful. Instead of lecturing his own mother (the nerve!) and wallowing in self pity because he is so special and no one can understand him... erhm right... Tess. So while someone was wasting time with his relationship drama, Tess was doing her best to save the world. She was proactive and resourceful and the only reason why I didn't pull my hair out during the first hour of the finale. She got kidnapped by loony Lionel who wanted to cut out her heart O_o but it didn't faze her at all. She beat the sh*t out of her kidnappers (And this was btw the best fight scene of the finale, hands down.), managed to save herself (Since no one else seemed to care... ) and as cherry on top shot the bad guy. (Way to go Tess! ) For me this was the best moment of the finale. But seeing as Tess was so kickass and awesome throughout the whole episode, I should suspect right away that writers are going to punish her for it. She stole the show so of course she had to die.

There were some other moments I liked. At the end of Clex scene -> Clark: "I am not sure Clark Kent can save the world alone." Lex: "He can't. We both know who can." Clark: "I am sorry I couldn't save you, Lex." They share a longing glance and then Clark superspeeds away to save the world. (Even though I feared my ears could start bleeding from all the BS they put in Lex' mouth in this episode , this one little moment was worth it. The last bit of Clex. *sigh*)

I also liked that little moment at the wedding when Lois was standing in the doorway nervously fidgeting because she didn't see Clark anywhere. When he took her hand and walked her down the aisle, she looked so happy.

And of course Chlollie scene in the chapel where they reaffirmed their vows and said that marrying each other was their best decision and Chloe's scene with their 'too adorable for his own good' son made my Chlollie heart squee with joy.

Other than that... big load of crap.

Oh wait... shirt rip was kind of cool too. If it wasn't for all the ridiculousness that took place before, I probably wouldn't even laugh at him.

dead on Clark's being an immature and disrespectful lil boy; how on Earth did he become Superman!!
                  Kudos on Tess, Tess is the best Too bad Clark's "fight" (let's make that "baloon snaps!") with DarkLionel wasn't anywhere near as good!

Comment

The entire sequence in the Fortress. The Kent loft scene was magical too.

Comment

The Clark Lois Door scene was my fave... TBH none of the rest stand out for me

Comment

I had many, but the three memorable ones:

1. Clark and Lois' wedding ("I'm here!" I almost died of happiness right there)
                        2. Fortress ret-conning/flashbacks/forwards before the suit...i had chills the whole time!
                        3. The Clark/Lois door!!!!!!!

~H

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                          Hard to choose, but my two favorite moments, which both happened to be in the Fortress, were:

1. When Clark is in the Hoops of Death and sees all the flashes of the past ten years. Just the emotion of looking back at ten years of supersaves and everything with the anticipation of his imminent transition to Superman, combined with Febre's amazing rendition of the Blur theme (the one that plays on the credits).

2. When Jor-El congratulates Clark on the completion of his journey and rewards him with the suit, along with him putting on the suit while flying out of the Fortress. Everything was made perfect by Jonathan's "Always hold on to Smallville."
                          I agree, those were some of my favorites.

Comment

Too many to name but the one I cried the most on was as Clark takes Lois's hand and starts to walk her down the aisle...mascara was a'runnin!...and that song!!...too perfect...there was a line in the song that said, "All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe..." and the crying got worse! (sigh)

Comment

It's quite hard to pick one because the finale consisted of lots of little moments, with plenty of nostalgia for the past and a look at the future. There are two specific moments I would mention that haven't been brought up in this thread before.

If you're talking about the almost-wedding, then the best part of it for me was Clark looking over at Martha and seeing a vision of Jonathan behind her, looking every bit as proud as he would be if he'd really been there to witness it. They immediately cut to a shot of Clark and he looks happy and serene - the total opposite of his usual moody self and at odds with the bigger picture. You can still have a happy moment even when surrounded by trouble and strife. Jonathan was a huge influence in his life so it's only right that they show him getting to see - in a roundabout way - his son taking the next step in his life.

If you talk about the suit making an appearance, we never got to see Tom wearing it in profile, only distant CGI shots. For me, the most significant scene showing the suit was the rescue of Air Force One. Lois gets to see him making the save while wearing the suit, and she smiles at him through the window. Right there is pride, love and confirmation that her belief in him was not unfounded, just in a simple gesture. It helps that Erica has a smile that can light up the darkest room. It might not be Superman canon for Lois to know Clark before he became Superman, or to love Clark first instead of going ga-ga over Superman and treating Clark as beneath her, but I think the show played out that change really well when you consider it was held back until the last couple of seasons.

Comment

I really liked the bit with all the flashbacks to the past decade. A fun look back at some of his past saves and adventures. It's something you can't really have on many shows, as they haven't lasted long enough and they don't have enough time or budget to create a moment, where the protagonist looks back on his life in a montage. And even if they could, it wouldn't have the same effect, as you'd be seeing a bunch of new, out of context scenes, whereas here you're seeing clips from past episodes. And, I can't speak for the rest of you, but I was able to identify nearly all episodes featured in the montage.

I also like the scene, where Clark goes to the Fortress. Not simply because that's when he gets the suit and flies off as Superman, but also because of Jor-El's speech:

I ask you to remember one thing. Your abilities may be of my blood... but it is your time in Smallville, with Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent... and all the people there that made you a hero, Kal-El.
                                To me, that's a reminder that simply putting on this suit won't make Clark a hero. He is a hero, thanks to his upbringing, the people around him and the choices he's made. Compare it to Legends of Tomorrow, where Ray (ironically played by a former Superman actor, whose suit was used in this episode) frequently definies himself by the Atom suit. THAT'S what makes him a hero, for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎