Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC Cancels V

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TV shows I am eager to watch week in week out are being pulled at a very fast rate and it really does disappoint me. I do not pay any attention with USA ratings but I am certain if other countries actually paid for the viewing purposes to be aired near the time of the USA airing there would be no need to pull shows that are actually worth watching in my opinion.

The problem is is that I presume even in the USA people take to the internet if channels like ABC, CW etc are subscription paid channels only, mean-while in England and I feel it would probably be the same situation for many other countries our nations don't get the luxury to watch the USA TV on the same day or a day later and this leaves us with limited alternatives, and an impatient person I am I will go onto the internet and avoid having to wait many months to watch shows I really want to watch.

If USA had any care for other countries viewing ratings some of these programmes could actually survive. I wouldn't say most are half bad, they're worth the watch and it's annoying that I manage to watch a full season and then have the storyline ripped away from me because the USA ratings aren't popular with the viewers. I guess it doesn't help with the cost and the delay in having to wait but it's definitely annoying that a lot of my favourite shows have been cancelled or ended in the last 2 years, and the ones I started to watch like V and No Ordinary Family have been cancelled as well.

I have no idea what I will watch when TV series start again in September because all of the shows I like have been pulled or ended in the last 2 years with no decent replacements, the only one I have left is Supernatural :/.

Comment

I think ABC axed V for Charlie's Angels useless and meaningless reboot. Charlie's Angels won't last longer than V, I am sure of that. Yes, the dumbest decision from ABC.

Scifi genre suffered from bloodbath those last day and with Smallville now over (RIP Smallville), Scifi or super heroes are no longer existing, only cop shows (I only watch Hawaii Five O and Castle) and that sucks, honestly.

That's why, that I believe that TNT is the only possible network able to bring back V from cancellville. V is not dead. As long as we are here, the show will live. Just see Stargate fans, despite MGM stopping all the stargate franchise, fans are still here, they write fanfictions, they run websites, they go to conventions. I think it's still the same for V. And other thing, several polls are showing that V cancellation is the most upsetting cancellation with Brothers and Sisters.

I think that if everyone is giving up this fight against ABC's decision and on V, the show will be definitively dead and it won't have the ending that it deserves. History must not repeat itself, send emails to TNT and Warner, don't give up on V!

I'll finish this post with several key quotes from the show :

"They can take my collar, but they can't take my faith". Jack season 2
      "A war for our souls. Which master will you serve ? The Visitors or God ? Let V no longer stand for Visitors, let V stand for Victory!" Jack - Red Sky
      ->ABC, this is for you : "We ARE an army now and we are going to reign hell on Visitors". Erica 2x06 Siege

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
        I think ABC axed V for Charlie's Angels useless and meaningless reboot. Charlie's Angels won't last longer than V, I am sure of that. Yes, the dumbest decision from ABC.

Scifi genre suffered from bloodbath those last day and with Smallville now over (RIP Smallville), Scifi or super heroes are no longer existing, only cop shows (I only watch Hawaii Five O and Castle) and that sucks, honestly.

That's why, that I believe that TNT is the only possible network able to bring back V from cancellville. V is not dead. As long as we are here, the show will live. Just see Stargate fans, despite MGM stopping all the stargate franchise, fans are still here, they write fanfictions, they run websites, they go to conventions. I think it's still the same for V. And other thing, several polls are showing that V cancellation is the most upsetting cancellation with Brothers and Sisters.

I think that if everyone is giving up this fight against ABC's decision and on V, the show will be definitively dead and it won't have the ending that it deserves. History must not repeat itself, send emails to TNT and Warner, don't give up on V!

I'll finish this post with several key quotes from the show :

"They can take my collar, but they can't take my faith". Jack season 2
        "A war for our souls. Which master will you serve ? The Visitors or God ? Let V no longer stand for Visitors, let V stand for Victory!" Jack - Red Sky
        ->ABC, this is for you : "We ARE an army now and we are going to reign hell on Visitors". Erica 2x06 Siege
        I always liked your posts, I have a hard time accepting what is the case with V, but if TNT already has a sci-fi show in production then why would they take on V? Also I do not think we have the organization we need, we have people on different pages, folks who swore they couldn't watch the show on TV because it was not online, folks that watched the show but was not happy with what they made. "We cannot afford any kind of dissent amongst our people."

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

If we could communicate with the show's producers they would be better able to inform us if doing anything would change the outcome too. No one here amongst us knows what could be done with V or if any network would have it.
        Last edited by Johnb; 05-15-2011, 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Never forget what TNT did with 'B5:Crusade' back in the 90's.
          Do we really need a repeat of that with V?

The most (and this is very slim chances) we can hope for is
          a 2 hour movie that is made by some network or something
          that will go straight to DVD to sum up this series. They
          would actually be wise to do it for the Season Two box set.
          It would increase the chances of being sold, but we all know
          that this will not be done and certainly not done in time for
          the release. Oh well, the show is over and we might as well
          face it and move on.
          Last edited by Glove; 05-15-2011, 06:28 AM. Reason: Added Note.

Comment

Every single TV show should be given a chance to finalise it's story though out of respect for fans . It ought to be a rule that any tv series that gets cancelled is allowed at least to have a TV movie finale made to wrap it up . TV networks are far too obsessed with ratings though and so love putting more and more reality tv crap on because unforunately it's popular purely because by nature human beings are nosey and want to look into the windows of other people's actual lives . Me , I'm not interested in other's real lives . Let them get on with their's and I'll get on with mine . I much prefer a bit of feelgood fantasy escapism

Comment

I am so angry about that ! We could have done anything they would have never listened to us! They just don't care about us viewers.I was absolutely in love with V I was so excited everytime I had this new episode to watch, which is something that didn't happen in a long time and now it's all over ! This season 3 had so much potential ...

Comment

I am disappointed, but can't say I am surprised. I am somewhat amazed the show got a second season to be honest given Season 1 ratings, and Season 2 was worse ratings wise.

It would be nice if the show could do a 2 hour movie to wrap it up but I don't see that happening

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! !!!!

Comment

Yea, what a surprise right? My time means a lot to me, I'm tired of investing it in network programming, and I'm REALLY tired of some stupid nielson system telling me what I'M watching. I watched the original V, Earth 2, Invasion, Jericho, Journeyman, Flash Forward, and of course the newer V....the list will only continue if I just keep watching these "exciting", "thrilling", "action packed", "NEW" shows with promise of great entertainment.....well I'm 45 (on Thurs) and I just have had enough of the routine, I have cryed out, ranted, emailed, snail mailed, texted, dialed endless phone numbers with endless automation.....yada yada yada....I'm over the whole thing, as long as the neilsons rating system controls what we watch on TV, the longer the TV viewer has no control of what they want to see. I'm out....I watch a little discovery stuff and some music stuff and football on TV and that is it, I don't even watch my local news anymore because those stupid network logos make my skin crawl....DONE!

Comment

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ABC MADE THE SAME MISTAKE AS NBC. AT LEAST, SMALLVILLE WAS GIVEN AN ENDING.

Comment

First it was Stargate Universe now V, watching TV and sticking to a tv show is not easy no wonder TV stations complain that no one watches anymore .

Comment

I seem to be losing all my shows. How am I or anyone suppose to invest if the stations won't invest. It makes me leary to watch tv at all if I have to worry all the time. This sucks!

Comment

Thing is that shows like Charmed, Buffy, Smallville, Supernatural, and Angel aren't as popular anymore I guess. Sad day when shows with actual action and content get taken off for some dumb romantic comedies and cop shows.
                            Agree. Smallville's finale marks the end of an era where sci-fi and growing-up drama could be mixed together into a wonderful shows via UPN & WB. Now all the big networks care about is all these reality shows and teenage soap operas, because they bring more $$$$ and have lower costs to produce. If you want to watch good quality sci-fi drama these days, you have to move to cable (e.g., Sy-fy)

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                              I seem to be losing all my shows. How am I or anyone suppose to invest if the stations won't invest. It makes me leary to watch tv at all if I have to worry all the time. This sucks!
                              I so agree with you, and it's definitely like you can only enjoy it however long it lasts because the second you get hooked that's when the network pulls the plug on it.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised about V getting cancelled. Let's face it, the show was always sub-par, given the awesome premise they had to work with from the original. Plus, ABC screwed it big time since the beginning by never promoting it sufficiently and the lame schedule they set up, where weeks passed with nothing. That all added up to an obvious result, no matter how much we hoped it would not happen. If only the writing could have been much better, to overcome the network. As much as I REALLY wanted to love this show, it was always lacking for something unfortunately. A show with a stupid lame premise like the vampire diaries ends up being so amazing because of the fantastic writing. V never had it. May it RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎