No announcement yet.

ABC Cancels V

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC Cancels V

ABC has pulled the plug on Brothers & Sisters and V.
    Source: TVLine
    Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The new ABC president Paul Lee seems to be cleaning house. OTM, Detroit, NOF and Mr. Sunshine have all been cancelled as well.

Comment

I have some four letter words for ABC I can't use here.

I haven't been this upset since the WB axed Angel.

Next season Is going to be a terrable time on TV.I certainly won't be trying out any of their new TV shows msotlsy because they are of no Intrest to me.

If as expected the CW brings back Nikita that will give me three shows to watch on network TV.

The Producers of the Event are going to try to get eather a Cable or online venue ot try to continue.They should try to do that for V.

Comment

Ah Well...

Disappointing, of course, but not surprising.

Comment

Really I did not like the show anymore not surprised it ended. But what has me concerned are the number of genre tv shows getting cancelled or not even making it to air it's a ominous trend for these type of shows.

Comment

ABC sucks! ABC has lost another viewer I will never Never support that network again Its a sad day

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
                Really I did not like the show anymore not surprised it ended. But what has me concerned are the number of genre tv shows getting cancelled or not even making it to air it's a ominous trend for these type of shows.
                Agreed, I just find it ironic a few ways on the writer's parts of it all (i.e. Tyler's barbaric death and the rest that transpired in that disastrous S2 finale). Yeah, I noticed that too. I just think that shows are expensive and if they're not cutting it in the beginning ratings-wise then the networks will scrap it.
                Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I agree with the last couple.This Is Angel all over again for me.To this day I haven't watched Supernatural because I vowed never to watch any new Wb Shows.I keep with Charmed and Smallville but that was It.After the last straw with the axing of DollHouse I refuse to watch Fox besides The Simpsons.And I refuse to support Anything on ABC.They axed V but are picking up a New Charlie's Angels?And networks make It easy for me to keep my vows because I have no Intrest In Reality shows,Csi,
                  NCIS,and procedual shows.I want shows to get Into storys anc characters not shows when the characters are Interchangable and It doesn't matter If you miss episodes.

Comment

V Cancelled

That sucks Man. V had 7 million viewers, and I thought Season 2 was much better than Season1. I did like Season1 finale much better than S2 Mothers Day finale. However Mother's Day went out with a bang, and of all the show's cancelled, V deserved better treatment from ABC. Paul Lee managed to screw the audience and cast, and alienate a fan base. He had 7 million viewers he could count on to watch the show for a third season. I have been watching abc since I was a kid, and I love MF, but obviously abc does not care about my viewership and apperantly does not want or need it. You bastards abc, you cancelled the Time Tunnel when I was 8 and Here Come The Brides when I was 10. I grew up watching Dark Shadows and you cancelled the best soap on tv. I told my spouse last night I got a bad feeling when Chuck was renewed, V would be cancelled. I guess it is cable tv for me Yeah for Justified, and waiting on Falling Skies to start. I am sorry but, HE, Fringe and Chuck did not deserve a renewal with their ratings. I just hope Elizabeth Mitchell gets a great Cable show, really she was the reason I watched the show. No Lost or V good-bye ABC and I hope Paul Lee gets cancelled. What a DF.

Comment

WTF?? Anna won. The end. Really?

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

I hope Morena Baccarin keeps her hair like that though. The Anna look is smokin!
                      Last edited by dru-zod2501; 05-13-2011, 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I actually thought Fox was very generous when it came to Dollhouse. Ratings-wise, the show should have been cancelled after season 1. Season 2 was a total bonus.

I am sorry but, HE, Fringe and Chuck did not deserve a renewal with their ratings.
                        Honestly? Chuck was only renewed because NBC is a network run by idiots. And with Fringe I suspect there was probably a 2-for-1 kind of deal going on because Fox picked up Alcatraz, which is another show produced by JJ Abrams and WB.

Comment

This is not surprising. A renewal was a long shot to begin with. There were several negative factors that made cancellation almost a given IMHO:

1. Low overall ratings
                          2. High production costs
                          3. ABC would not run the show in a regular manner with more than 12 episodes minus huge breaks that turned off the audience base.
                          4. Frankly, although I liked the show, it was beginning to drag on me towards the end. The stories were not very strong.
                          5. The season finale was a big disappointment to me. It seemed thrown together at the last minute and it just became "let's kill off people to shock the audience". That is not good writing.
                          6. I think the reimagining went too far from the original and did not bring back the older fans.

On a side note, I enjoyed No Ordinary Family very much and will miss it as well. But both shows were obviously toast some time ago.

Hopefully, V will be revived in movie form soon.

Brent

Comment

I think another reason why I am not at all surprised about this is that ABC is clearly bowing out of the Sci-Fi business. They ordered 12 drama pilots this year and not one of them was Sci-Fi oriented. And even if ABC would have been willing to bring back V for a short 6 episode wrap up season, I don't think WB would have been down with that. When ABC originally only wanted to order 6 episodes of V 2 years ago, WB declined the offer and forced them to order the standard 13.

Comment

Thing is that shows like Charmed, Buffy, Smallville, Supernatural, and Angel aren't as popular anymore I guess. Sad day when shows with actual action and content get taken off for some dumb romantic comedies and cop shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎