This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha my faves were:
    "I'm such an idiot!"- Lois after reading Clark's vows
    My father had a... change of heart."- Lex, I laughed so hard at this!
    The entire excanging of vows through the door... wow... and Clark's "I'm here."
    "It was the best decision I don't remember making"- Oliver on his and Chloe's wedding
    Lex's "Oh, I'm counting on it"
    And of course: "I'm doing to save you, from becoming me." "You're too late, Clark already did that." OWNED!

Everybody's qoutes were brilliant, well except maybe LionSeid xD. They were all along the lines of "I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!!"

Comment

"When you believe in someone, it's not for a minute, it's not for a day, it's forever."

~H

Comment

Originally posted by Wyllie7
        Haha my faves were:
        "I'm such an idiot!"- Lois after reading Clark's vows
        My father had a... change of heart."- Lex, I laughed so hard at this!
        The entire excanging of vows through the door... wow... and Clark's "I'm here."
        "It was the best decision I don't remember making"- Oliver on his and Chloe's wedding
        Lex's "Oh, I'm counting on it"
        And of course: "I'm doing to save you, from becoming me." "You're too late, Clark already did that." OWNED!

Everybody's qoutes were brilliant, well except maybe LionSeid xD. They were all along the lines of "I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!!"
        I totally agree! Those were my favorite lines as well.
        Clark's line to Lex too, about "I'll always be there to stop you." Loved that. Great nod to their future relationship.

Comment

I'm still laughing at

Oliver: It's the best decision I don't remember making

Comment

A lot of people on here brought up wonderful and memorable quotes from the finale. However, I am a little surprised that no one mentioned this particular set of quotes...
            but to provide context, refer to the ending scene in the Smallville Pilot:

Clark and Lana are dancing with Lifehouse's "Everything" in the background.
            Lana: "Everything ok, Clark?"
            Clark: "It's perfect."

And this one for the Smallville series finale -- Clark and Lois are walking up the aisle to the front and after Clark notices both Martha and Jonathan Kent standing there (Sara Bareilles' "Breathe Again" in the background).

Lois: "Everything ok, Smallville?"
            Clark: "Perfect... it's perfect."

Amidst all the other quotes in the show, I felt that these quotes, arguably, held the most weight in showing not only how the show has progressed but how much the character of Clark Kent has grown and matured. When Clark says those words in the pilot, he is still young and his words were spoken in the context of a daydream and fantasy. When Clark states those words in the finale, he has grown and his words were spoken in reality. In particular, he says it without hesitance and with absolute confidence compared to when he spoke those words in the pilot episode.

I am unsure if the writers deliberately chose these words but I felt it very fitting.

Comment

Haha Lex's change of heart line did it for me and Oliver's best decision I don't remember making, Justin Hartley is really good at staying fairly serious when he is given a funny line.

Comment

Lois and Clark in the beginning in the elevator and she mentions his blue underoo's. I couldn't stop laughing.

Comment

"Every Villain, is only as great as his Hero." - Lex

Those who have been following the show know that Lex was referring to Clark as the villain... great scene.

Comment

"And now, the finale of Smallville..."

Comment

My favorite quotes I noted:

You don't have to let go of the past to move on. -MarthaKent
                      And when you believe in someone, it's not for a minute, or just for now. It's forever. -ClarkKent
                      You don't need to hold on to somebody when they're already in your heart. -JonathanKent
                      I used to think that it's not our family that makes us who we are then I hope it was our friends but if you look at history, the great men and women in the world have been defined by their enemies. -LexLuthor

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

I want a full post of both vows coz they're beautiful.
                      Last edited by finalbahamut; 05-15-2011, 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I was hoping for a Naman/Sageeth reference with Clex but otherwise outstanding qoutes...

Comment

Chloe: He can't listen all the time, Lois. He's not God. He can't be aware of every bird or blade of grass okay, he's a man. And sometimes he needs to not listen. He needs to rest, to love, to laugh.

- I loved Chloe's lines here, because I've always felt that these were the things Clark needed. A superhero, even if from another planet, deserves happiness, too. It was just a poignant moment, for me.

I also loved Lionel's line to Tess: "Lex is a visionary. You're not."
                          - I actually laughed out loud - John Glover is so good at being bad.

...and of course, I loved all of the Clark and Lex dialogue. It really did feel like Rosenbaum had never left. I can't even pick a favorite moment - I loved every line they had to say, but I was especially taken aback when Lex called him perfect, and rather than knock that down, Clark challenged him and said "...and that always killed you." I've spoken with so many people, who always say Clark/Superman is just too perfect, it was interesting that this point was kind of addressed... and it shows why a guy like Clark Kent is able to handle those powers, while someone like Lex isn't.

I think Smallville did an excellent job of humanizing Clark Kent/Superman, and making him relevant and for making him relatable.
                          Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 05-15-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

"It may be easier to hate, but it's stronger to love." Clark to Darkseid.

Comment

Originally posted by WellingFan
                              Jor-El: You're journey has come to an end Kal-El.

Clark: Shouldn't have tried to push away my kryptonian side, my strength is accepting it, accepting you.

Jor-El: You honour me. A father's pride cannot be measured in words, but know that I am proud of you son.

Clark: You have no idea how long I have waited to hear you say that.

Jor-El: We have been down a long road together Kal-El, one paved with difficult trials, those trials are behind you now. Any father can only hope that he is one day humbled by the feats of his son, but it is your soul Kal-El of which I am most proud. You, and you alone possess the courage, the determination and the compassion that will be required of you to lift the darkness from the Earth.

[CUE EPIC MUSIC AS THE SUIT EMERGES FROM THE ICY SURFACE AS CLARK GAZES UPON IT]

Jor-El: I ask you to remember one thing. You're abilities may be of my blood, but it is you're time in Smallville with Jonathan and Martha Kent, and all the people there, that made you a hero Kal-El.

[PAN TO JONATHAN HOLDING THE SUIT IN HIS HANDS]

Jonathan: Always hold on to Smallville.

[JONATHAN HANDS CLARK THE SUIT AND THEN VANISHES]

[CLARK EXPLODES INTO THE AIR WITH THE SUIT FINALLY IN HIS POSSESSION AND SHOOTS OUT OF THE FORTRESS LIKE A MISSILE AND INTO THE SKIES]

Most EPIC moment ever!
                              Definately, this was a great moment in Clark's life.

Not to forget his personal life, I also loved Clark and Lois' vows to each other.

Comment

What happened to the "...I'm not every man, I am Lex Luthor" speech?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎