No announcement yet.

Chuck Renewed for Season 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVfan26
    (Unless I haven't seen yet that its been moved from Fridays) That works great for me. I get to watch the only two shows I do {Chuck & Supernatural}, on the same night now.
    that's actually bad news most likely. It's assumed Supernatural will be moved up to 8PM(although we will find out later this week when the CW has it's upfronts)

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      that's actually bad news most likely. It's assumed Supernatural will be moved up to 8PM(although we will find out later this week when the CW has it's upfronts)
      Ahh, the power of the DVR. I DVR shows and watch later, even when I'm home when they're on - having the ability to FF through the commercials is greatest thing since sliced bread.

And besides, I'm usually working until about 8:30-9 on most Friday nights anyways, so I can just watch the DVR'd shows when I get home.

Comment

I have to admit I really was convinced we weren't getting another year of Chuck so I'm pretty happy it got renewed, even if just for 13 episodes. And it seems there is little possibility of more:
        TVLINE | Why did you decide to make Chuck‘s upcoming fifth season its last?
        It seemed to be the way to end it appropriately for the fans who love it, and not get into a situation where it might end or might not end and then it ends and we haven’t concluded the storyline. It gives [producers] a chance to plan for it. I think that’s the best way to do it.
        TVLINE | You only ordered 13 episodes of Chuck. Any chance you’ll increase that number?
        I don’t think so. Unless suddenly we have 10 million viewers watching it on Friday night, then it would.

This way we get a 'real' finish, and 5 years is a pretty decent run (especially considering it's been close to cancellation pretty every year it's been on).

And to have it move to Friday nights (hey, Smallville's old timeslot) works for me.

Comment

I'm really glad that Chuck has gotten the green light for another season, and while I'll be sad to see it go, it's good that the writers will be ready to wrap it up.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎