No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Sun Also Rises?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever Lex
    (tiny bit off topic) Why are they STILL in high school? - Jeremy, I get, because he's younger than Elena, but shouldn't they all be GRADUATED by now already?
    Julie Plec has already said that TVD doesnt run with the year thing, so it would be late 2010 to early 2011?

Comment

What an episode!
      Last edited by brandonwierenga; 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter

More likely they all would be high school drop outs. They never attend it anymore.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by brandonwierenga
        WHOA! “The Sun Also Rises,” was another rewarding episode, leaving its fans with bowls of emotions, mostly sad. Very, very sad! (Cough, Jenna, cough, cough)
        The sacrifice in general was “edge of your seat,” GOOD. I was sympathetic towards all characters, including Jewels, someone I had little concern with this season. When Klaus ripped her heart out, I was in pure disgust. The pleasure he received, it was sickening, but entertaining.
        Another monstrous character was Greta; I was especially satisfied with her death, commending Jenna for attempting to kill her, very courageous. Of course, Damon finished her off.
        Speaking of Jenna, I thought the episode gave her the PERFECT send-off. She was trialed with becoming a vampire, who at first I thought was going to fight the urge, rather die a human, but I’m happy with the results. She spoke with Elena about becoming their guardian and a few other emotional events in their lives. I kept debating if she would die or not, but she eventually did L When Elena pleaded Jenna turn off her human feelings, CHILLLSSS!
        Eventually, Klaus drained Elena of blood, while Stefan watched and he began to transform. Enter Bonnie, she was awesome and she surprised the HELL out of Klaus. I was smiling during that scene.
        Elijah spoke of honor this entire season, even beheading Rose’s friend, Trevor because, Trevor lacked honor. He gave his word to Elena, but when it came to ultimately killing Klaus, he broke his promise. Elijah is a hypocrite. I should’ve seen this coming because, of his conversation with Stefan. Although, this set up for, what I presume to be an extraordinary storyline. I’m excited to see more originals.
        John’s sacrifice was unexpected and worked so well. It helped me understand John’s reason for hating vampires, and I found a certain respect for his character. His letter to Elena was well written, although if she ever turns, I’ll feel bad for him.
        Leaving the triangle between Caroline, Tyler and Matt, I understand Matt’s perspective and don’t blame him at all for wanting a normal life, besides the Caroline, Tyler relationship seems like a decent storyline, although I’m not biased either way. I wonder, can Caroline turn Tyler, so he’s a hybrid? I’m highly doubtful, just a thought?
        Overall, this episode was extremely entertaining and it had the presence of a season finale, but luckily we get another episode this week and I’m excited to see the effects of Damon’s werewolf bite.
        Great post, Brandon!

About Elijah...I'm half and half...I hate that Klaus got away, but I understand why Elijah did it. It wasn't like he planned on letting Klaus go. I could see the struggle on his face during that moment. And the way he said he was sorry. He wanted to find the family he thought was lost to him. I've actually started thinking he reminds me of Elena sometimes.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Forever Lex
        However, I was disappointed that Elijah didn't kill Klaus - one simple b.s. lie (or even truth, doesn't matter) "if you kill me you'll never know where the bodies are" blahblahblah. Who cares? They're all DEAD. It's JUST bodies for cry'n out loud.

I don't think they are exactly "dead". If they are like Klaus and Elijah...and they are just torn apart then supposedly they should be able to be put together again. I think that's what Elijah and the show is going for.
        Last edited by Sugar; 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I would just like to add that I thought Greta ended up being a big disappointment. She was hyped up when we learned that the Martins wanted to get her back, but she was just a plot device for the ritual. I wanted some substance to her character.

Comment

*gasp* First Isobel, then Jenna AND John?!?! What are they doing to these poor Gilbert kids!!!

Haven't caught the finale yet. But I really hope they get rid of that SOB Klaus! They cannot drag this huge threat on after all the destruction he's caused.

Matt, still so over him and I'm glad he made up his mind. Though at the expense of Caroline's feelings. I was hoping she'd be the one to kick him to the curb.

Damon Damon Damon. Still don't know what I feel for my OTP Delena at the moment. -_-
            He needs to stop being so damn impulsive.

Bonnie was AMAZING once again. I'm glad we can at least count on her staying human.
            Last edited by LuthorKent90; 05-23-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎