No announcement yet.

Worst "Flight" Retcon Possible!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst "Flight" Retcon Possible!

Imagine if at the end of Prophecy, Jor-El were to reveal that "the reason Clark has not flown" is because he has been PREVENTING Clark from flying all along, for his own mysterious reasons, BUT ALSO because a flying Clark would be more easy to be tempted by the darkness! How would you FEEL about it?

I personally think it would show Clark even more of a "yellow pants" than he already is...
    ...HAPPY! Clark is not so "yellow pants" as we believed!
    0%
    ...ANNOYED! They only did this to "atone" for his LACK of flying!
    0%
    ...INDIFFERENT. Who cares WHY he did not fly?? THIS IS THE END!
    0%
    ....VERY PISSED! Because TPTB think we are TOTAL idiots to buy it!
    0%

Originally posted by Angela Of El
    Imagine if at the end of Prophecy, Jor-El were to reveal that "the reason Clark has not flown" is because he has been PREVENTING Clark from flying all along, for his own mysterious reasons, BUT ALSO because a flying Clark would be more easy to be tempted by the darkness! How would you FEEL about it?

I personally think it would show Clark even more of a "yellow pants" than he already is...

not gonna happen. apparently you missed the ending scene of homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
      not gonna happen. apparently you missed the ending scene of homecoming.
      He was floating, hovering, whatever...not flying.

In fact, he also floated/hovered while dreaming at the end of a night's sleep in one episode from (I think) the first season, and later told his shocked parents. In a deleted scene, after Clark had left for school (or somewhere) Jonathan told Martha "You know what this means, don't you?" (Pause) "He's just going to have to get over his fear of heights."

Comment

I think the reason Clark does not fly is because he submerged the flying part of himself when Martha tossed Kal-el/Clark that black kryptonite back in Season 4 opener. I think he needs to reconnect with that part of himself in order to be a more whole Kryptonian/Earth hero.

Comment

I don't think this will happen although it is a good idea, I guess. I don't think Jor-El would lie to Clark; he never has, despite how harsh he has been on him during the years.

Comment

I think it could happen. I think though that the reason he can't fly is because he is so submerged in all of his past that he is too troubled to, if you remember in Homecoming, it was him and Lois, yes, but they were dancing, obviously he probably wasn't thinking of his past or being haunted by his past.
            Maybe in Prophecy or Finale, Jor-El tells him this, and he has to let go of his past for the future... I donno.
            Last edited by CKisbeast99; 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM. Reason: Adding more to the Post

Comment

i know, of course i have watched homecoming, i was just...surprised by this season's episodes a lot...

flying for a split second in lazarus in order to get the DP globe in place...
              flying just a bit in supergirl and falling on his ass...
              floating in homecoming while dancing...
              flying in collateral's cyber world...

i guess the writers' stalling makes one insane: get it over with already!!!

and, my friends, seriously...do you honestly believe SV writers are concerned with continuity going back to season 1?
              Last edited by Angela Of El; 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Of El
                and, my friends, seriously...do you honestly believe SV writers are concerned with continuity going back to season 1?
                ABSOLUTELY NOT. They can't even maintain continuity from one episode to the next -- even after TEN YEARS of practice..!

Comment

i think that its going to come out that jor-el has been wrong about clark needing to be more kryptonian in order to fly, but jor-el doesn't mean to be wrong, he truly believes that clark needs to be fully kryptonian. instead clark needs to be more comfortable with himself, and understand himself as a man whose blood is kryptonian and who was raised human. clark luthor could fly, yet he didn't seem kryptonian at all, since he and lionel stopped jor-el from being in CL's life.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAM-el
                    ABSOLUTELY NOT. They can't even maintain continuity from one episode to the next -- even after TEN YEARS of practice..!
                    Thank you! it's a good thing to see that i am not fully delusional! i am delusional mind you or else i would not be watching this show!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎