No announcement yet.

I don't understand the hype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand the hype

Do you? Because I certainly don't understand it at all. The episode was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. Certainly not.

Originally posted by Anu
    Do you? Because I certainly don't understand it at all. The episode was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. Certainly not.
    I agree, people act like clark put on the suit and flew around the moon with booster or something.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

All he did was starting to act "clumsy", I mean and people don't start react on that?:S

Comment

I KNOW I'm in the minority, but I HATED it. I'm waiting for Lex, he's MY only hope for any redemption of the series at this point. It has completely lost me as far as the canon is concerned & turned into meaningless drivel...

Comment

It was a start of the transformation. Thats why it received the hype, simple as that.

Hes working on disguising himself enough , so in the future he will be able to come out & reveal his super side. Its what alot of people have been waiting for & its finally happening.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAM-el
            I KNOW I'm in the minority, but I HATED it. I'm waiting for Lex, he's MY only hope for any redemption of the series at this point. It has completely lost me as far as the canon is concerned & turned into meaningless drivel...
            Please elaborate...?

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              Please elaborate...?
              I'm much more of a Superman "purist", and much older than most of the fans here. I've been acquainted with the Supes canon since the mid 1960's (a LONG time ago) & seen it go through many changes (some of which I didn't mind, some of which I laughed at, some I out-and-out loathed). I really loved the idea of SV in it's early stages, but sadly I watched it degrade (IMO) over the years. I got hooked early on & despite the torture I'm going to see it through. If there is a positive here, as a writer myself, I'm using it as a great guideline & lesson plan on how NOT to screw-up a perfectly good (and historically significant) comic-book canon. That's about all I can say on the subject...

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                Yeah it was good, it had relevant stuff about Clark sorting out his identities, but it was no Absolute Justice or anything.

What I dislike is can't Clark come out with any of this stuff on his own? In fact...I think he really should have engineered the meek guy with glasses thing all by himself. More Lois handholding and chivvying. There was the "it's not the threads, it's the person" wisdom, but I already thought that as soon as the suit was shown in Lazarus.

Comment

I don't think this episode was extraordinary, but after the crap I've been watching since Collateral, I think it was a breath of fresh air. It was good entertainment and the character of Booster Gold was masterfully played.

Comment

What hype?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by KRAM-el
                    I'm much more of a Superman "purist", and much older than most of the fans here. I've been acquainted with the Supes canon since the mid 1960's (a LONG time ago) & seen it go through many changes (some of which I didn't mind, some of which I laughed at, some I out-and-out loathed). I really loved the idea of SV in it's early stages, but sadly I watched it degrade (IMO) over the years. I got hooked early on & despite the torture I'm going to see it through. If there is a positive here, as a writer myself, I'm using it as a great guideline & lesson plan on how NOT to screw-up a perfectly good (and historically significant) comic-book canon. That's about all I can say on the subject...
                    Nothing's worse than silver age Superman.
                    Last edited by DAISHI; 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I liked the episode very much, for me, it felt as good as any episode.

I feel the part of the hype was due to Clark's transformation, but especially because Geoff Johns wrote it. For some reason, there always seems to be hype around his efforts on the show, which isn't a bad thing, but something that has happened in the past.

Personally, I was also excited because Tom Welling directed the episode.

Comment

I think it helps that I don't watch commercials or read previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                          I don't understand what you mean by "hype". The CW promoting it? I don't think it was promoted all that heavily. And when a network does promote a show, would you expect them to advertise it as "eh... it's okay."?

Or do you mean by "hype" that a lot of viewers liked it? That's not hype, that's positive reaction. Why did a lot of people react positively? I suppose because they liked it. I liked it; I thought it was funny. I liked the Clois stuff. I liked the phone booth bit. When I say these things, I'm not "hyping" the episode, I'm giving my reaction. "Hype" implies some kind of ulterior motive, some vested interest.

Comment

I thought Booster Gold was hilarious. I really like Booster. I always remember him going up against Doomsday and getting smacked across a state, only to have Superman arrive and say he's got it covered. I can still see Booster looking at the oncoming punch, and barely getting his shield up.

This Booster was all of the boisterous, over the top showmanship that I enjoy from extravagant characters.

He's like Zapp Brannigan but with actual skill.
                            Last edited by DAISHI; 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I actually avoided most the hype, so I thought this episode was perfect, obviously the "shirt buttons flying" and Boosters line about Clark getting the key himself kind of hyped me up and let me down, but the rest of the episode made up for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎