No announcement yet.

Skeets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cara410
    How and why would it be lame? Skeets is supposed to be a floating robot. But yeah, they probably didn't show him as a robot because of the cost.
    How do you know it would cost alot? they couldve done it if they really wanted too. Like skeets said come hard or go home.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Either they do something well or they do it badly. Considering that there are already people complaining about the budget and the special effects for the episode, I can imagine what it would have been like if Skeets had been portrayed badly. Better to do their own take and not make it look bad.

Comment

Was anyone else disappointed about the fact that Skeets was just some kind of headset instead of a cute flying robot? I really really loved the episode but I really wanted to see Skeets as a flying robot

Imagine the reaction if anyone/thing else flew before Clark? Bad enough that Booster did.

Comment

I didn't mind Skeets being a headset at all. Not that I wouldn't have liked to see him as a flying robot, but for what it was, he worked in this episode. On a less pessimistic note, I gotta say, when Booster admitted he stole Skeets, one of the funniest parts of this episode was Skeets' "Affirmative." For me, the dry, matter-of-fact snarkiness is what makes Skeets, not the hovering around part. Which actually ties into the theme of this episode, come to think about it. Interesting... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
            I didn't mind Skeets being a headset at all. Not that I wouldn't have liked to see him as a flying robot, but for what it was, he worked in this episode. On a less pessimistic note, I gotta say, when Booster admitted he stole Skeets, one of the funniest parts of this episode was Skeets' "Affirmative." For me, the dry, matter-of-fact snarkiness is what makes Skeets, not the hovering around part. Which actually ties into the theme of this episode, come to think about it. Interesting... :P
            Exactly... I love Skeets, and though the lack of a flying robot was sad... well it was expected with the CGI budget it would have sucked anyway so being a talking snarky headset was good enough... I was just happy he was there. I admit I only know Booster and Skeets from the JLU cartoon but this seems to have done both characters justice with a limited budget.

Comment

Probably due to a combination of costs and overall lack of creativity.

Originally posted by Anu
              it would be lame to have a robot like that and btw it wouldn't work due to the cost.
              Why would it be lame? Doctor Who makes this kind of thing look cool all the time.

Comment

They could have just used the egg shaped animation from S2...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hirtyseven.jpg <-Skeets
                http://www.smallvillededication.com/...4/223x0015.jpg <-S2 ship

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                  They could have just used the egg shaped animation from S2...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hirtyseven.jpg <-Skeets
                  http://www.smallvillededication.com/...4/223x0015.jpg <-S2 ship

Comment

Was anyone else disappointed about the fact that Skeets was just some kind of headset instead of a cute flying robot? I really really loved the episode but I really wanted to see Skeets as a flying robot
                    It wouldn't have added much to the episode besides a bigger budget to have a cute flying robot. The way "Skeets" was used worked with the episode, and since I'm not a familiar with the character, I wasn't bothered by it.

This show is about Clark Kent, not cute flying robots.
                    Last edited by Kneel before Zod; 04-27-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
                      It wouldn't have added much to the episode besides a bigger budget to have a cute flying robot. The way "Skeets" was used worked with the episode, and since I'm not a familiar with the character, I wasn't bothered by it.

This show is about Clark Kent, cute flying robots.
                      You should check out 52, booster acted pretty much like he did in smallville in it. Except he went so far as to pay people to commit crimes so he could stop em, but with a twist.

Comment

Let's be honest: having a physical Skeets would be iffy, due to the FX. But, I loved Skeets. He made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
                          Let's be honest: having a physical Skeets would be iffy, due to the FX. But, I loved Skeets. He made me laugh out loud.
                          I dissagree I believe they couldve made it work

Comment

That's ok, we only got one episode of Mr. Mxyzptlk, but we get a 3rd helping of ToyMan. Fair trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan
                              That's ok, we only got one episode of Mr. Mxyzptlk, but we get a 3rd helping of ToyMan. Fair trade?
                              Well if you can really call some european teenage dude mr. mxyzptlk, I wish they couldve tried to use the real mxyzptlk.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                                I dissagree I believe they couldve made it work
                                You have a great deal of faith in their FX budget...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎