Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else's heart jump at this scene?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ek12
    Glad I'm not the only one who saw the scene that way.

You're not.. that's exactly how I took it too.

Funny, I didn't realize there would be any confusion over this. He was telling Lois how much he didn't like this whole disguise and then went to rip it off and be out of the costume.

Comment

"Trust me Clark, we can make this work. Oh boy can we...."

Loved the ending with the focus on the glasses and the fire behind it but wouldn't say any part of the scene was a heart jump moment.

I sort of get where Clark was coming from, for the world if he was to be this low-key, clumsy behind the scenes kind of guy for the rest of his life then yea people would probably think Lois could do better. Clark was being sweet but really like everyone is saying, why would Lois care what people thought, she never did. I have to say the shirt ripping was indeed kinda random.

Comment

My heart jumped when he ripped his shirt open.

I thought he ripped his shirt open to show Lois he's the Blur underneath the "disguise". On the outside people see the bumbling CK, but underneath he's really the Blur and only Lois knows the true him. I think it was a visual explanation.

Comment

He just wanted to show us his Fruit of the Looms.

Comment

I thought he was frustrated and was just ripping off the 'Clark Kent' disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              It's hard to explain what I thought they were trying to address in that scene. On one end, it seemed like Clark had been struggling with what the disguise would do to Lois's reputation. Then, it seemed to be about Clark struggling with her nonchalant attitude at the idea of him projecting such an ordinary, "nerdy" persona to the people around her...*sigh* This is hard to explain. It was like he was asking her if it was ok to camouflage his greatness underneath such an ordinary facade as if it was at her expense and not his (Hence, the white shirt instead of the S?). I think he's been worried that she's been going along with it for his sake and not thinking how it would affect her life in the long run. I think he was asking her if she was really ok with the idea of the disguise. That's what I took from it anyway. Who knows what the writer was thinking!
              Ah you explained it perfectly! When I watched it I was like , WTF!? But I know what you mean, he did it because underneath the shirt he's no Superhero, he's just a Plain person, and that people wouldn't believe Lois would love him for any reason.

Comment

The great Star reporter Lois Lane is in love with the bumbling nerd Clark Kent and is going to marry him. Great way to hide yourself away from the rest of the ppl at the DP and stay out of the limelight.

Clark has a point.

They should have just let the two continue to be reporters at the Planet who are engaged.
                Last edited by supercatmom; 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom
                  The great Star reporter Lois Lane is in love with the bumbling nerd Clark Kent and is going to marry him. Great way to hide yourself away from the rest of the ppl at the DP and stay out of the limelight.

Clark has a point.

They should have just let the two continue to be reporters at the Planet who are engaged.
                  The whole point of getting engaged is to get married. If they are engaged it means they will eventually get married at some point, so why wait?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Aries83
                  It's hard to explain what I thought they were trying to address in that scene. On one end, it seemed like Clark had been struggling with what the disguise would do to Lois's reputation. Then, it seemed to be about Clark struggling with her nonchalant attitude at the idea of him projecting such an ordinary, "nerdy" persona to the people around her...*sigh* This is hard to explain. It was like he was asking her if it was ok to camouflage his greatness underneath such an ordinary facade as if it was at her expense and not his (Hence, the white shirt instead of the S?). I think he's been worried that she's been going along with it for his sake and not thinking how it would affect her life in the long run. I think he was asking her if she was really ok with the idea of the disguise. That's what I took from it anyway. Who knows what the writer was thinking!
                  Spot on. He can take the ridiculing people will make of Clark, as it servers a higher purpose, but he loves her so much he doesn't want people to see that happen to her too, or for her to start becoming unhappy.
                  Last edited by bc1sjw; 04-24-2011, 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I didn't know what to expect, and with a white T underneath, kind of a WTF moment. Would have been nice to have a photo T of the Lemur wearing an "S" logo shirt

Comment

He was just startin' Lois.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎