Bumbling Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
    Yep and why would people believe he's suddenly nerdy
    Do the words suspension of disbelief mean anything?

Comment

I thought bumping into the guy (thanks to Lois) was good but the last scene with Cat Grants stuff seemed a little too over the top for me

Comment

Speaking in terms of Tom's performance as bumbling Clark, it was completely spot on!

But I have to side with the skeptics in saying that no one would really believe such an overnight change.

Comment

I thought it was impressive given Welling's limited acting range, don't get me wrong, Welling is great as Clark.

I liked it. I think it's because people are used to the tall towering clark and not the bumbling fool. :P

Comment

With Smallville, I've learned to just accept everything that is thrown at you, and not ask too many questions. Clark is bumbly for 1 day=everybody sudenly forgets how awesome Clark was for his 2-3 years @ Daily Planet. I'm just gona go with it...

Comment

Comment

I actually LOVED it. I was afraid that they were going to overdo it, but it just the right amount of awkwardness.

Comment

Clark Was Perfect.

Comment

It was so awkward yet adorable to watch. TW is so suave and sexy... it was wierd watching him act like a nerd

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                      Do the words suspension of disbelief mean anything?
                      There are times when I can go for that and others where I cant'. This is a hard one. When Clark shows up on day one acting like a nerd, I can handle that. When Clark lives and works among these people every day for three years and then turns nerdy, its hard not to think someone would notice.

The only way I justify this is my saying that Clark largely hasn't spent much time at the DP except for when looking for Lois and the occasional desk time. He's pretty much a hermit among the other employees and no one paid him any attention because he's been living off in his own world. Now with all the bumbling they are noticing him for the first time and just figure they've never paid him any attention.

Comment

I think the "unrealistic" argument kind of goes out the door when you're talking about a show where a man has heat vision.....

I like it. I was laughing aloud/slapping my forehead at a lot of parts

Comment

I agree it is late, but they're doing what they can trying to please everyone. Especially the purists... no matter how far fetched and random things come about.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                            There are times when I can go for that and others where I cant'. This is a hard one. When Clark shows up on day one acting like a nerd, I can handle that. When Clark lives and works among these people every day for three years and then turns nerdy, its hard not to think someone would notice.

The only way I justify this is my saying that Clark largely hasn't spent much time at the DP except for when looking for Lois and the occasional desk time. He's pretty much a hermit among the other employees and no one paid him any attention because he's been living off in his own world. Now with all the bumbling they are noticing him for the first time and just figure they've never paid him any attention.
                            I think they sort of showed people noticing the different though. Example: "When did you forget how to walk Kent?" Just little subtleties that I think work.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
                              Clark Kent has to be worse for Superman to be better. By the Finale it'll be worth it. He couldn't stay the way he was, that's not how his character is meant to be.
                              Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent is the only version where Clark is a bumbling fool. George Reeves didn't portray Clark Kent like that.

Comment

Tom did a great job at being bumbling Clark but I'd rather he be mild mannered and blend in. A little over the top this late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎