Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 more episodes, and This show will finally be over!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more episodes, and This show will finally be over!!

That is the silver lining to look forward to. The inconsistencies and terrible dialogue in Smallville, especially scenes involving Lois and CK, are soon to be over. Clearly the writers have given up a long long time ago. They never tried, or maybe hired interns to do the job. I mean torture! Anyway, I cannot wait for this to be over. This show was an insult to the story of SUPERMAN, a Hero who's time has come and gone. They could have kept the story simple, but didn't because CW was trying to get them to cater to their 16 year olds with stories of Vampires, warewolves, amnesia blablabla....The world no longer needs a "Superman" to come save us. We are the supermen, we look inside us and find the Hero. This is why characters such as Jason Bourne, Batman are looked up to.

I for one will not miss this show. Granted i tried to watch it as often as I could to see what other inconsistencies the writers would puke, counting the days when this madness would come to an end.

Then stop watching it if you hate it so much Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
      I have heard that argument before. Do you turn away from a car crash? You try and help if you can, but you still watch. I made my opinions, you have yours. Let it be!

2 to go!

Comment

I've enjoyed Smallville a lot and thought it got better and better with each season apart from a few exceptions. S8 and 9 were awesome and the best SV we got imo!

S10 is a major disappointment but like Lionel said in "Luthor": "Wouldn't want to miss how it all turns out".

Comment

I guess everyone has their preferences.
          S9 was the best IMO, with s10 a close second .
          And I, for one, love the Clois interactions and I'll miss this show when it's over .

Comment

Sorry, It's the Superman in me...

But I will never give up on Smallville. Of course they have done so many things on this show that make me cringe just thinking about them, but I have hope that the end will somewhat justify the means.

I heard somewhere that it's not about the end of the journey but the journey itself or something like that, whatever that means... it's false in Smallville world. In the Smallville world, as long as the end result is Superman I will forget all the terrible things they have done in some seasons. Because I believe that Tom Welling can be Superman, regardless of what the writers have done to the character... that is what I like to call Hope.

now, if the finale sucks, then we got problems.
            Last edited by Overcast 86; 04-22-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ship!
              I have heard that argument before. Do you turn away from a car crash? You try and help if you can, but you still watch. I made my opinions, you have yours. Let it be!

2 to go!
              Actually you can turn away from a car crash. And picking up a remote and switching the channel for a show you don't like is not that hard to do.

Comment

2 to go!
                I dont purposely drive to a car crash scene just to see it. Its not something I choose to see. If its in the way, ill look out of curiousity not go out of my way. So no, your arguement is completely flawed and im done with this. Im not going to argue with you. If you want to watch a show you "Hate" thats your puragative. But if your going to watch something you dont like, why waste your breathe complaining about it?
                Last edited by MannaBanana; 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                  I so agree!

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                    I've enjoyed Smallville a lot and thought it got better and better with each season apart from a few exceptions. S8 and 9 were awesome and the best SV we got imo!

S10 is a major disappointment but like Lionel said in "Luthor": "Wouldn't want to miss how it all turns out".
                    I agree with this. I have been sorely disappointed by the penultimate FINAL season, no less, but I'm definitely feeling the anticipation for how it's going to end.

~H

Comment

What a bemusing thing to say. I love Superman but hated Lois & Clark, so i didn't bother watching it lol.

I hate Mushrooms, so I don't force myself to eat them just to remind me how much I hate them.

Comment

I've invested not only an hour a week but, many extra hours watching Smallville. I'm with Natalie on S9 being the best over all but we're not done with S10 yet so it may finish on top.

Every body nitpicks, especially when they invest their hopes into a project that disappoints them. Let's use the Fruedian model for this and say that people project their own shortcomings and disappoinments onto the object of their affection and it colors the experience for them.

While I'm on this I will go on record for the umpteenth time in this thread, among the others and say that Smallville was SAVED by the addition of Lois Lane in S4; Erica Durance is the best ever Lois Lane. You can believe me because I've loved Lois since I was 8 years old and read the comics at the barber shop. I will now return to GV where I am renting a room acroos the street from Lois and Clarks apartment.

Comment

Personally, it's my favorite show on television - the only that I'd ever spend so much time with. I've watched a lot of TV and this is by far the most deliciously fun hour of television I have ever had the pleasure to experience.

I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea, and I don't expect everyone to feel the way I do about it, but I have no shame in admitting my affection for the show. I can't claim it's a perfect show, nothing ever is, but to go on for ten seasons... well, they must have done something right... and I didn't even come in from the beginning. I became a fan in season 3 - I never looked back.

Comment

I for one will not miss this show. Granted i tried to watch it as often as I could to see what other inconsistencies the writers would puke, counting the days when this madness would come to an end.
                            I wish I had the time to watch shows just to find additional reasons to hate them

Comment

This show has been awesome and has had ups and downs like any show- but you'll never hear me bash it because it has been a beautiful ride and to me any other show will not equal what this has done, especially for 10 years!!!!!

From the cast to the different storylines, the character developments to the heroes intertwined- what a beautiful piece of work!!!!!!

I will miss it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎