No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Klaus?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter
    He was annoying me the entire episode by being a jealous boyfriend. He is so scared of losing Elena to Damon.

What annoyed me even more is when he bent over for Elijah to make Damon look bad and also to stay on Elena's good side.

Stefan is my least favorite character right now. I hope Tyler and Jules take a nice, big bite out of his ass.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

But it's true. Stefan cares more about collateral damage, while Damon actually gets stuff done. Damon concocted the entire plan to kill Elijah, and he pretty much got screwed over when Elena brought him back to life.
    I couldnīt agree more with all your lines Dexter, especially Stefan being my leastvfavorite charcther, only that for me itīs not only this season but the intire show (and books)!!
    Heīs insecure (and selfish) coz he knows Elena does have feelings for damon too (even if she doesnīt realize it yet).

Originally posted by Sugar
    Why would he need to make Damon look back in front of Elijah? I don't see the point. He already has elena's love and respect. He agreed to Elijah's terms because Stefan's smart and he knows they need Elijah. And he trusts Elena's decision on the matter. (That's important in a relationship. Mutual respect and trust.)
    Actually I think Stefan is pretty nayve (as well as Elena) trusting Elijah. Wasnīt Stefan who was always saying "Elijah is an original. He canīt be trusted" to Damon and Elena?
    Elijah will betray Elena and Stefan will regret his decision to trust him IMO.

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Guys I was wondering abt the origins of the Originals, I mean, how the very first vampires in history became vampires.
    And I remembered something Elijah said to Elena when he told her he and Klaus were bros.
    Elijah: I think the expression youīre looking for is OMG (or something like that)
    But he literelly DID NOT speak the word GOD.
    Dracula from Bram Stocker explain the origins of the vampires when the Count "turned his back on the Church and on God". And so he lost his soul and was "expeld" from the Church and doomed.
    Could the non spoken GOD word by Elijah has something to do with this theory?
    Last edited by rej@ne; 04-23-2011, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

He was annoying me the entire episode by being a jealous boyfriend. He is so scared of losing Elena to Damon.

What annoyed me even more is when he bent over for Elijah to make Damon look bad and also to stay on Elena's good side.

Stefan is my least favorite character right now. I hope Tyler and Jules take a nice, big bite out of his ass.

But it's true. Stefan cares more about collateral damage, while Damon actually gets stuff done. Damon concocted the entire plan to kill Elijah, and he pretty much got screwed over when Elena brought him back to life.
      You say that as if it's a weakness, but I couldn't disagree more. If Damon was in the lead his "kill now, kill later, kill some more then if anyone's left alive ask a question" approach would hurt everyone in the long run. It's perfectly reasonable to go on the offensive sometimes, that's what he excels at, but he still needs to be reigned in and learn how to handle situations with tact and that's what Stefan provides.

Not to mention the glaring fact that that's not how Elena wants to live her life. It's not immaturity to take the higher road and conduct herself with humanity. Damon still treats her like a child and at the end of the day doesn't trust her judgment. Elena is more than just some helpless damsel who can't do anything but sit back and wait to die. This episode she took initiative in saving herself. Stefan was willing to put faith in her like a real partner should, while Damon came off as throwing hissy tantrums like a little b!tch. I don't know if Stefan really believed what he said, I believe Damon does have Elena's respect, but it's not easy to earn when he often acts like "just shut up and let the grownups work, little girl"

Wow, that's some serious hate for Stefan...

I don't see him that way at all. He's a decent vampire. But he's definitely had some problems in the past and he's not perfect. He doesn't look jealous of damon to me. He seems pretty confident of elena's love for him. But like any guy, he's not going to let another guy overstep themselves in their relationship with a female (which is exactly what damon was doing). It's not jealousy, it's protecting someone you love. Stefan has been trying to keep the peace with damon since Stefan needs the extra help with protecting the town from Katherine and Klaus.

Stefan probably doesn't seem like the "getting stuff done" and more dealing with "collateral damage" type because he's alwaying having to deal with the aftermath of the damage that damon's done. Someone's got to do it or damon would be dead by now...or most of Elena friends would be. Damon has a way of getting underneath people's skin. Damon was a soldier when he was human. He's probably good at battle and Stefan realizes that. So Stefan uses Damon's experience.

Can you image how it would be with two alpha males butting heads over how to deal with a situation? Example, this episode's living room scene. In a way, Stefan has silently agree to step back (season 1 i believe). He knows his brother. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt and he needs someone there to protect Elena in case something happens to him.

Why would he need to make Damon look back in front of Elijah? I don't see the point. He already has elena's love and respect. He agreed to Elijah's terms because Stefan's smart and he knows they need Elijah. And he trusts Elena's decision on the matter. (That's important in a relationship. Mutual respect and trust.)
      ^^So agree with all this
      Last edited by dru-zod2501; 04-23-2011, 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Why would he need to make Damon look bad in front of Elijah? I don't see the point. He already has elena's love and respect. He agreed to Elijah's terms because Stefan's smart and he knows they need Elijah. And he trusts Elena's decision on the matter. (That's important in a relationship. Mutual respect and trust.)
        ITA and I'm a huge Damon fan. Damon respects her choices but only to a certain point, then he disregards them for what he think is better.
        Last edited by Lori; 04-24-2011, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
          ITA and I'm a huge Damon fan. Damon respects her choices but only to a certain point, then he disregards them for what he think is better.

OK but we all have to agree that heīs right most of the times. His decisions are not based on irrational, selfish or "kill now and then and some more" whatever reasons BUT considering every REAL possible option of saving Elena with less harmful as possible to everyone else. Just remember last ep Klaus when it was Damonīs plan which actually saved Bonnieīs life.
          Concerning to Elijah, ofc Damonīs suspicious. He was the intelectual (and almost acting) author of Elijahīs death so ofc he has to be worried. Bsides, Elijah never said a word abt a plan where the life of the dopplegenger can be spared so why would Damon has to belive in any of what Elijah syas now? If Elijah would have said he found a way to save Elenaīs life, certainly damon wouldnīt have planned to kill him coz we all know that Damon only planned to kill Elijah AFTER Bonnie told him Elijahīs pln included Elenaīs being killed on the sacrifice.
          So please guys donīt blame it all on Damon. Heīs being carefull and he has everything to loose coz itīs him whoīs always taking matters and putting himself in "bad sheets" with the "bad guys" (for example, the warewolves, John, Katherine)

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
            No, I remember they explained this one. Bare with me, im really bad at recaps and I forgot who said this (I think it might have been Katherine?) but they said Petrova blood was used in the first sacrifice to create the curse, so ever since then, there has been a doppleganger every.....who knows how many years.....so the curse can be broken again. And then they said "Witches are crafty with their spells" so whoever did it made sure a Petrova doppleganger would be born every now and again. I dont think that bloodline will ever die since a witch was involved
            The original Petrova has to be someone that was close to Klaus. Otherwise, the story would be much weaker if she was insignificant and had no relation to him.

If not blood related, perhaps his lover? It would be the original love triangle of the show, between Klaus, Elijah, and the original Petrova girl. The flashbacks showed that Elijah cared for Katherine, maybe because he still didn't get over the first Petrova. Just like Damon didn't get over Katherine.

It's weird that the witches made an out for the curse. If a werepire is so deadly, you would think they wouldn't give it an undo spell. But I guess that plays into Elijah's explanation of everything in life needing a balance.

----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

Stefan probably doesn't seem like the "getting stuff done" and more dealing with "collateral damage" type because he's alwaying having to deal with the aftermath of the damage that damon's done. Someone's got to do it or damon would be dead by now...or most of Elena friends would be. Damon has a way of getting underneath people's skin. Damon was a soldier when he was human. He's probably good at battle and Stefan realizes that. So Stefan uses Damon's experience.
            But Stefan should stop complaining and just let Damon do the saving (like he has been). He got all bent out of shape because Damon didn't inform them of his on-the-go plan. Instead he whines because Elena thought Bonnie was dead for an hour or two. Totally ridiculous. It was Damon's plan that saved the day. If not, Bonnie would be dead for real. Never mind that, let's just complain that our girlfriend is an emotional wreck, rather than Klaus killing everyone!

Why would he need to make Damon look bad in front of Elijah? I don't see the point. He already has elena's love and respect. He agreed to Elijah's terms because Stefan's smart and he knows they need Elijah. And he trusts Elena's decision on the matter. (That's important in a relationship. Mutual respect and trust.)
            Elijah asking for an apology was unnecessary. He was going to take Elena to be sacrificed back in Rose, and then later he made a deal with Elena to protect her loved ones, but sacrifice her. Killing him, twice, was acceptable and he shouldn't be asking for an apology from Damon and Stefan.

Elijah cannot be trusted. Besides, what can he offer to them except for backstory on him and Klaus? The gang is either going to have to decide on sacrificing Elena or Bonnie to kill Klaus. Unless Elijah has some magical third option which he reveals at the last second. But that would defeat the purpose of the last ten episodes where they had to protect Elena, making them pointless.

He's also been called "noble" and a "man of his word" a dozen times now. I wouldn't be surprised if Elijah screws them over in the end.
            Last edited by Dexter; 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=Dexter;7287111]
              ----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

But Stefan should stop complaining and just let Damon do the saving (like he has been). He got all bent out of shape because Damon didn't inform them of his on-the-go plan. Instead he whines because Elena thought Bonnie was dead for an hour or two. Totally ridiculous. It was Damon's plan that saved the day. If not, Bonnie would be dead for real. Never mind that, let's just complain that our girlfriend is an emotional wreck, rather than Klaus killing everyone!

Yeah, right!! Thatīs what I said above. Maybe Elena would prefer to cry for Bonnieīs real death by Klaus that night instead of crying for her fake death (even if she didnīt know that at the time). Stefan sucks! I always said that.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Elijah asking for an apology was unnecessary. He was going to take Elena to be sacrificed back in Rose, and then later he made a deal with Elena to protect her loved ones, but sacrifice her. Killing him, twice, was acceptable and he shouldn't be asking for an apology from Damon and Stefan.
              Totally nonsense IMO. Like I said before Damon has all the rights to be suspicious abt Elijah and afrais as well, since Elijah is an Original and it was damonīs plan that killed him.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Elijah cannot be trusted. Besides, what can he offer to them except for backstory on him and Klaus? The gang is either going to have to decide on sacrificing Elena or Bonnie to kill Klaus. Unless Elijah has some magical third option which he reveals at the last second. But that would defeat the purpose of the last ten episodes where they had to protect Elena, making them pointless.

Actually Elijah didnīt reveal that 3rd option, he just said it exists (what if it doesnīt? OR what if in order to play that 3rd option so many more pple have to be sacrificed just to save the dopplegenger?)

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

He's also been called "noble" and a "man of his word" a dozen times now. I wouldn't be surprised if Elijah screws them over in the end.
              Totally agree with that, as Iīve already posted earlier.
              Last edited by rej@ne; 04-24-2011, 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

it's interesting that elijah didn't go into how his family became vampires...he just told Elena that they were the oldest and that's that. Maybe the original doppelganger was a vampire and she turned Klaus's family or she just turned Klaus and Klaus turned his family.

As far as I understand, the "originals" have never been turned. Apparently, they were born as vampires. After being born, I believe they also first grew up before they somehow stopped aging. Kinda like the "lamia" in "Night World" (another of L. J. Smith's novel series).
                Last edited by Mbruno; 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                  As far as I understand, the "originals" have never been turned. Apparently, they were born as vampires.
                  In this episode, Elijah fessed to Elena that his entire family was once human, but he didn't tell her how he or his family turned.

Comment

Damon is just to proud to change up because it would be admitting that he was wrong even though he was the one doing the action of the plan. It was his plan with Bonnie that was changed to Elena's plan. And it is also really outside his normal parameters as a character since he has always done things his own way and by himself and not with others. Working with Stefen (his brother) and Elena (his Katherine doppleganger) and even mixing it with Bonnie (a young witch) and Jeremy (Elena) was pushing himself more than he would chew. All for Elena sake. And Stefen is the one willing to cooperate with others especially with Elena since he has been used to that in recent times. Damon just needs to chill, he hates been told what to do and he is his own man and the others know that he can go rogue. Working with an original is huge step for him. But he will eventually get over it.

Anyway, I am laughing of what species we have to call Klaus. People are writing Werepire. The were- means man and the -pire has no meaning by itself. Vampire comes from the French and then from Hungrian vampir. We can't use Were- because Klaus isn't human. However we use the word Vamp as a noun to describe a women of seductive means or as a verb to turn someone as a vampire. It is a shortening of the Vampire as well. So in the nature of the word Werewolf that means man-wolf or Wererat that means man-rat etc, and since we can't use man so hereby dropping the were- we just replace it with Vamp-

So Klaus should be called a Vampwolf.

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
                      Stefan sucks! I always said that.
                      I know, right! He's always creeping around and crying. Replace him with a real vampire, please! Like Elijah!

Totally nonsense IMO. Like I said before Damon has all the rights to be suspicious abt Elijah and afrais as well, since Elijah is an Original and it was damonīs plan that killed him.
                      It was really pathetic when Stefan got on his knees for Elijah at Elena's bidding. Elena definitely wears the pants in that relationship! If anything, Stefan should be apologizing for being a waste of screen time and being a broody cry baby!

Actually Elijah didnīt reveal that 3rd option, he just said it exists (what if it doesnīt? OR what if in order to play that 3rd option so many more pple have to be sacrificed just to save the dopplegenger?)
                      Elijah said he found a way to do the sacrifice without killing the doppelganger. It totally took away the impact of Elena potentially dying. What was the point of the last ten episodes then? The writers were just trying to scare us.

Klaus was intent on sacrificing Katherine. He didn't care for Elijah's option. It makes me wonder if Elijah's way changes the end results.

Comment

Klaus was intent on sacrificing Katherine. He didn't care for Elijah's option. It makes me wonder if Elijah's way changes the end results.
                        Maybe Elijah is just bluffing. I know in the flashback he told Klaus that he found a way to ensure that Katerina doesn't die, but keep in mind who was telling the story. He might've spun it that way to get Elena and the brothers to help him, being as his manwitches are dead and he's alone.

Comment

I know, right! He's always creeping around and crying. Replace him with a real vampire, please! Like Elijah!

It was really pathetic when Stefan got on his knees for Elijah at Elena's bidding. Elena definitely wears the pants in that relationship! If anything, Stefan should be apologizing for being a waste of screen time and being a broody cry baby!

Elijah said he found a way to do the sacrifice without killing the doppelganger. It totally took away the impact of Elena potentially dying. What was the point of the last ten episodes then? The writers were just trying to scare us.

Agreed.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by shanemak
                          Maybe Elijah is just bluffing. I know in the flashback he told Klaus that he found a way to ensure that Katerina doesn't die, but keep in mind who was telling the story. He might've spun it that way to get Elena and the brothers to help him, being as his manwitches are dead and he's alone.
                          You know what? I think you have just got everything in the right plsce.
                          Ot makes totally sense the theory of yours and fits perfectlly with my opinion that Elijah can not be trusted that easy.
                          Last edited by rej@ne; 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
                            You know what? I think you have just got everything in the right plsce.
                            Ot makes totally sense the theory of yours and fits perfectlly with my opinion that Elijah can not be trusted that easy.
                            Don't get me wrong, Elijah is without a doubt my favorite character, as he brings every scene that he's in up a notch. But I also feel that Elena is dead wrong in putting complete trust in Elijah. Earlier, he planned on sacrificing her in the ritual, so what changed? I think when he woke up, and knew he was in the enemy camp without his backup, he concocted an elaborate little plan. And only him and Klaus know the REAL story, so Elijah could've told Elena anything. Elijah's circumstances are the things that changed.

Like I said before, she's going to deeply regret inviting Elijah in the boarding house.
                            Last edited by shanemak; 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                              Don't get me wrong, Elijah is without a doubt my favorite character, as he brings every scene that he's in up a notch. But I also feel that Elena is dead wrong in putting complete trust in Elijah. Earlier, he planned on sacrificing her in the ritual, so what changed? I think when he woke up, and knew he was in the enemy camp without his backup, he concocted an elaborate little plan. And only him and Klaus know the REAL story, so Elijah could've told Elena anything. Elijah's circumstances are the things that changed.

Like I said before, she's going to deeply regret inviting Elijah in the boarding house.
                              I didnīt get you wrong at all. I agree with you that Elijah (and Iīm his fan too) can not be trusted. Actually I think his fooling everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎