Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What Did You Think of "The Last Dance"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
    I read about the books on wiki, they said that stefan and her were soul mates cause ther was a mystikal line connecting them or something?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Like I sid before, that "conection" between Stefan and Elena was always ploted in the books till book 6 - Shadow Souls when e start to see Elena´s feelings for Damon and those feelings/love were definately settled in Midnight (book 7)
    But I also read that the author of TVD, L J Smith, was fired coz the editors didn´t want het to plot Elenas love for Damon. They wanted her to persue the Stelena love story. But she didn´t feel like that coz of what had been shown so far in the books. Also the fand demanded to see Delena story too.
    Now, they´re looking for another writer to continue the story and wrote 3 more books. We´ll see what happens.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

[QUOTE=Dexter;7259551]It was a good episode, but the entertainment reviewers hyped the episode way too much. They were making it sound like the best episode of the season, which gave me really high expectations.
    /QUOTE]

Excatally how I felt. And because of that I decided not to see, read or look for any spoillers before the episodes air.
    I don´t want to feel desapointed gain. I mean, not that I felt desapointed with the ep. It was reaaaally awesome but from what I´ve read till it airs I definately was expecting more. The reviews and spoillers took all the surprising from me.
    Last edited by rej@ne; 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
      Like I sid before, that "conection" between Stefan and Elena was always ploted in the books till book 6 - Shadow Souls when e start to see Elena´s feelings for Damon and those feelings/love were definately settled in Midnight (book 7)
      But I also read that the author of TVD, L J Smith, was fired coz the editors didn´t want het to plot Elenas love for Damon. They wanted her to persue the Stelena love story. But she didn´t feel like that coz of what had been shown so far in the books. Also the fand demanded to see Delena story too.
      Now, they´re looking for another writer to continue the story and wrote 3 more books. We´ll see what happens.
      huh? that sounds confusing. First they are soulmates, and have the mystical evidence to prove it, then it's just undone/ignored to mover her closer to Damon? Oy vey... I dunno. All I know is that Stefan & Elena are made & meant for each other forever. Delena is a nice dream, but just that as far as it concerns me.

Comment

LJ Smith, to clarify, has a set of books called Night World, and in that series, it deals with something called "The Soulmate Principle", in which the two people touch each other and there's a sort of an electrical current and well, a "silver cord" connecting them together. They can read each others' thoughts/emotions, and they "fall in love" instantly, basically.

Now, in TVD books, they didn't use that like they do in Nightworld. I stopped reading the books after The Return: Nightfall because it got way too weird for me.

Anyhow...in regards to this episode...

I loved it. I have to admit, I didn't THINK Bonnie was actually dead but, I was thrown for just a minute.

I like how they are in fact, showing more Bonnie/Damon, I always loved them in the books and I like it now on the show. Jeremy is kind of starting to annoy me now...he seems...whiny.

I have to say, Alaric-as-Klaus was AWESOME. The way he deepened his voice and the entire demeanor change. He showed them that it wasn't quite so simple to fool him as they'd all thought.

And was that Katherine at the end or was that Elena? Wasn't Elena vid-chatting with Bonnie?

I like how they show the strong friendship with Elena/Bonnie...they always had that in the books and it's very prevalent now.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
          I like how they are in fact, showing more Bonnie/Damon, I always loved them in the books and I like it now on the show. Jeremy is kind of starting to annoy me now...he seems...whiny.

I have to say, Alaric-as-Klaus was AWESOME. The way he deepened his voice and the entire demeanor change. He showed them that it wasn't quite so simple to fool him as they'd all thought.

I like how they show the strong friendship with Elena/Bonnie...they always had that in the books and it's very prevalent now.
          ITA with all of this

Comment

It was just me or was Elena staring at something over Damon´s bed at the final scene between them two (the lovelu and touching one when Damon says "I´LL ALWAYS CHOOSE YOU") ?
            I think she was but couldn´t figure out what was it.

Comment

It was just me or was Elena staring at something over Damon´s bed at the final scene between them two (the lovelu and touching one when Damon says "I´LL ALWAYS CHOOSE YOU") ?
              I caught that too. To me it looked like she looked at his bed and kind of blushed. Like they were trying to give us a not so subtle hint that Elena is starting to be into Damon. But that was just my take on it. Im probably wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                It was a good episode, but the entertainment reviewers hyped the episode way too much. They were making it sound like the best episode of the season, which gave me really high expectations.
                This is how I felt as well.

Elijah was the surprise moment for me. I thought they would wake him up at some point, but didn't realize it would be this episode and by Elena. But I do enjoy the fact that Elena pulled the knife out since she was the one to stick it in.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dexter
                A lot of this episode was rushed, but I am looking forward to Elijah, as well as the brothers fighting next week.
                I disagree on this one. I actually thought it was the opposite.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                I read about the books on wiki, they said that stefan and her were soul mates cause ther was a mystikal line connecting them or something?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I haven't read the books, but that also sounds that the Secret Circle series.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I hate when writers start writing what fans start telling them to write. I thought LJ would be better then that since I'm a fan of hers. Disappointing...

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                huh? that sounds confusing. First they are soulmates, and have the mystical evidence to prove it, then it's just undone/ignored to mover her closer to Damon? Oy vey... I dunno. All I know is that Stefan & Elena are made & meant for each other forever. Delena is a nice dream, but just that as far as it concerns me.

Exactly...

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

I closed my eyes during that scene so I missed it... I'll see if I can watch again. She might have just been looking off like some people do when they are talking or someones talking to them. Like they are thinking about what the person is saying.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by WickedJenn

And was that Katherine at the end or was that Elena? Wasn't Elena vid-chatting with Bonnie?

See...i thought differently since at the end they did fool him.

That was Elena. Katherine hasn't been invited into the house since Elena took ownership

I love that scene in the classroom between bonnie and elena about the dance after Stefan says no. Bonnie's like, "hell, yeah." We haven't had a school scene since season 1, I think
                Last edited by Sugar; 04-17-2011, 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar

I closed my eyes during that scene so I missed it... I'll see if I can watch again. She might have just been looking off like some people do when they are talking or someones talking to them. Like they are thinking about what the person is saying.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----
                  i did the same!!! (i was like no no i dont want to see it )
                  i thought the episode was nice and bang! the last scene! (well not elija! i think it was cool) i know we'll have them at one point together but i believe more on a Damon/Bonnie and Elena/Stephan....

Comment

This is how I felt as well.

Elijah was the surprise moment for me. I thought they would wake him up at some point, but didn't realize it would be this episode and by Elena. But I do enjoy the fact that Elena pulled the knife out since she was the one to stick it in.
                    Elena pulling the knife out of him was the surprising part. I was expecting Elijah to be brought back into play when Daniel Gillies was listed in the credits.

David Anders and Mia Kirshner were not credited in the respective episodes that they made a surprising return in. Why did they do it for Elijah?

Elena working with Elijah is going to be way more exciting than if she stayed on Team Salvatore.
                    Last edited by Dexter; 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

See...i thought differently since at the end they did fool him.

That was Elena. Katherine hasn't been invited into the house since Elena took ownership

I love that scene in the classroom between bonnie and elena about the dance after Stefan says no. Bonnie's like, "hell, yeah." We haven't had a school scene since season 1, I think
                      Yes in the end I know they did in regards to him thinking Bonnie was dead. I mean that they weren't expecting him to appear as he did, taking over someone's body whom they knew. It took them time to realize Klaus was in Alaric's body, as he's standing there in the house listening to them plot against him. That was pretty funny

Okay thanks for clarifying that, I got confused somehow, I guess because I don't recall them going back to Katherine after Klaus left her.

I know! I enjoyed that school scene a lot. I hope they toss a few more in there like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                        I caught that too. To me it looked like she looked at his bed and kind of blushed. Like they were trying to give us a not so subtle hint that Elena is starting to be into Damon. But that was just my take on it. Im probably wrong though:lol:
                        I really hope you´re not wrong and I can barely wait to see Delena finally taking place!

Comment

I really hope you´re not wrong and I can barely wait to see Delena finally taking place!
                          I hope im not wrong either Stefen and Elena bore me to tears, so I cant wait for them to switch it up! Like I said before I never really thought too much about Damon/Elena or Damon/Bonnie but after this episode im definately feeling it! Bonnie needs to stay with Jeremy for now though! I like those 2 together. She can get with Damon later on

Comment

Loved it...knew Bonnie wasn't dead...Damon at the end saying to Elena, "I will always choose you." That was the best part for me!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎