Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freshman year - Sense this makes none

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark does not remotely look like a freshman he may pass for a junior and thats pushing it

No high school allows freshman to be homecoming queen you have to be a senior to be up for nomination. to be fair pretty much all tv shows allow homecoming nominations to be open to any grade presumably so their characters can be up for it regardless of age (because prom has to be saved for senior year and they don't want to of the same storyline in a season but its kind of a different matter)

Whitney and Lana was a little weird. Whitney's suppose to be the big man on campus and he picks a freshman? Perhaps he went through all the dateble girls in his year and the years between him and Lana. Personally I think Lana's a meteor freak and that kryponite necklace releases ridiculous amounts of pheremones.

and no freshman can be editor of the school newspaper it doesn't work that way. Especially when the year just started. Hell in most high schools in Kansas (and I assume outside of Kansas) its considered a class for credit and one has to take an Intro to Journalism for a year before they can even write for the school newspaper (although exceptional students can transfer mid-semester if the Journalism teacher allows it) also the Torch got released way to fast. Remember in Extinction when Lana gets attacked by Fish-boy and saved by Van Mcnulty? And Chloe has an article on it the next day? Doesn't work that way high school newspaper are only released monthly sometimes bi-monthly. They're not city newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokethatkryptonite
      Clark does not remotely look like a freshman he may pass for a junior and thats pushing it
      What's interesting is that in Season 8 when Brainiac was eating Chloe's memories (I think it was "Abyss"?), we got to see a scene from the day Clark and Chloe met at the beginning of 8th grade (one year before the Pilot). In this memory, Clark actually DOES look like how a normal 8th grade kid would look...which means that in the space of one year Clark shot up from looking like a normal 8th grade kid to looking like a college student.

Since this is Clark, I actually do think that this would be physically possible thanks to his superpowered physiology.....my problem is that apparently nobody in his class (or the town for that matter) thought it was bizarre how fast Clark grew.

No high school allows freshman to be homecoming queen you have to be a senior to be up for nomination. to be fair pretty much all tv shows allow homecoming nominations to be open to any grade presumably so their characters can be up for it regardless of age (because prom has to be saved for senior year and they don't want to of the same storyline in a season but its kind of a different matter)
      Well, it is Lana. Everyone at Smallville High was so smitten with her that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the school administration had simply discarded that rule merely so that Lana could run (and win, naturally).

Whitney and Lana was a little weird. Whitney's suppose to be the big man on campus and he picks a freshman? Perhaps he went through all the dateble girls in his year and the years between him and Lana. Personally I think Lana's a meteor freak and that kryponite necklace releases ridiculous amounts of pheremones.
      Y'know, the "Lana is a meteor freak who releases ungodly amounts of pheromones" actually IS a long-standing theory that many people have had for a long, long time. It would certainly explain a lot.

and no freshman can be editor of the school newspaper it doesn't work that way. Especially when the year just started. Hell in most high schools in Kansas (and I assume outside of Kansas) its considered a class for credit and one has to take an Intro to Journalism for a year before they can even write for the school newspaper (although exceptional students can transfer mid-semester if the Journalism teacher allows it) also the Torch got released way to fast. Remember in Extinction when Lana gets attacked by Fish-boy and saved by Van Mcnulty? And Chloe has an article on it the next day? Doesn't work that way high school newspaper are only released monthly sometimes bi-monthly. They're not city newspapers.
      Well, as for Chloe being editor, I speculated earlier in this thread that maybe the Torch had gone under in the past year since it was apparently social suicide to be involved with it (the "popular" kids make this clear throughout this first 4 seasons), and that maybe Chloe, bitten with the journalistic bug as she was, volunteered to bring it back.

The publishing every week thing was definitely unrealistic though.

Comment

Originally posted by Odysseus
        What's interesting is that in Season 8 when Brainiac was eating Chloe's memories (I think it was "Abyss"?), we got to see a scene from the day Clark and Chloe met at the beginning of 8th grade (one year before the Pilot). In this memory, Clark actually DOES look like how a normal 8th grade kid would look...which means that in the space of one year Clark shot up from looking like a normal 8th grade kid to looking like a college student.

Since this is Clark, I actually do think that this would be physically possible thanks to his superpowered physiology.....my problem is that apparently nobody in his class (or the town for that matter) thought it was bizarre how fast Clark grew.
        haha, yeah I've always wondered that

Comment

Lana also runs a small business, in which she notes that Lex is merely a "silent partner", who as far as we can tell almost never lifts a finger to help Lana with the Talon's finances. And yet the Talon ends up becoming a successful business, up until Rick Flag launches a missile into it in Season 10
          I think the Talon coffee shop was closed after Lana married Lex in S6. Afterward it became an apartment/living quarter for Chloe and Lois, until Rick Flag blew it off. But it went out of business around S6, perhaps earlier (S5).

Comment

Originally posted by ChloeandClark
            I think the Talon coffee shop was closed after Lana married Lex in S6. Afterward it became an apartment/living quarter for Chloe and Lois, until Rick Flag blew it off. But it went out of business around S6, perhaps earlier (S5).
            In the episode Prototype (6x21) Clark is still sitting there drinking coffee. And Kara starts to work there in Fierce (7x03). But I think in S8 they dropped the idea of showing the Talon as coffee shop.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              In the episode Prototype (6x21) Clark is still sitting there drinking coffee. And Kara starts to work there in Fierce (7x03). But I think in S8 they dropped the idea of showing the Talon as coffee shop.
              Yeah. Season 8 was when the show transitioned to being Metropolis-based, and the characters began using Metropolis street cafes and the Ace of Clubs as the "hangout" locations more often. The Talon was still a coffee shop, but it wasn't as relevant to the plot, except as the site of Chloe's and later Lois's sleeping quarters.

Comment

Yeah, seriously about Clark being a giant for just being 14/15. I know about growth spurts, but that's out of this world[ no pun intended, lol] But, I think the most creepy thing was that you could tell Lex had very strong, romantic, feelings for Lana once they met in the 2nd episode in season 1. So, clearly, if he had his way, he would've gotten with her right there and then.

Comment

Whitney and Lana was a little weird. Whitney's suppose to be the big man on campus and he picks a freshman? Perhaps he went through all the dateble girls in his year and the years between him and Lana. Personally I think Lana's a meteor freak and that kryponite necklace releases ridiculous amounts of pheremones. .
                  This cracked me up, and the theory would explain so much!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                    And how come that Chloe is already editor of the Torch? Not one person in four years worth of students interested beside her?
                    At the start of "Devoted", the Torch staff is outright stated to be Chloe, Lois (who left the school later, that episode) and Clark (who dialed back on his involvement in his senior year). When Clark returns to SH in "Homecoming", the Torch is depicted as having died the second that Chloe left (those two kids still doing the wall of weird doesn't count), with the room now being a storage closet. By the looks of things... no. No one else was interested in doing the school newspaper besides her (and it's not exactly like she followed the guidelines for what makes a school newspaper. She turned it into her own tabloid).

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                      I always found it weird that the Daily Planet(which we are lead to believe at that time was 6 hours away) would go all the way to some hick town to find a 14 year old coffee pusher.

In all honesty why wouldn't they just hire somebody out of college for starters, but there also would be the issue that if they bring somebody there that person has to worry about living arrangements which could be a big hassle. The whole idea that the Daily Planet did a state wide search for a 14/15 year old intern just never seemed realistic
                      Actually, the usual figure was a 2-3 hour drive. I could also see Chloe lying about her age, pretending to be a senior (to get the opportunity for the internship). Also, living arrangements would be the issue of the family. If they can't make such arrangements, then the student is out of the running.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan

4 years, Lana was in her first year, Whitney in his last. What made it creepy is the fact that when the show first starts we are like a month into the new school year and it seems like the Lana-Whitney relationship is not a new thing. That basically means the High School QB was so desperate for a gf that he had to patrol JR high. What I found creepier was later in the Season when Freshman Lana mentioned how she did Senior Whitney's homework (which begs to question if she can do homework at that level what the hell is she doing as a freshman)
                        Not really. Whitney graduated in 2002, making him 18 that year. He would then have been born in 1984. Meanwhile, "Redux" establishes that Lana is born in 1986 (despite going in the same grade as Clark and Chloe, both born 1987). Making them two years apart, not four.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎