Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I almost forgot how well Smallville took the time to allow Clark's powers to dev

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost forgot how well Smallville took the time to allow Clark's powers to dev

I've watched Smallville from day one. One of my favorite themes was the slow development regarding Clark's powers. He was shot with a shotgun and had welts. He was blown up in a boiler and was actually burned. He wasn't as fast and it took a long time for him to develop all (except the effing FLYING!) of his powers. What do you all think?

I agree. That's part of what made the origins story angle so believable and endearing, IMO.

Comment

I, too, liked how they incrementally added his powers and how they semi-convincingly showed how he discovered all of them.

What I sometimes didn't like was that it was always this new power that helped him to make the save in the episode (especially Heat).

Comment

I'm curious does he have all his "visions"? I know he has xray and heat but does he have see-thru, microscopic, or teloscopic?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
          I'm curious does he have all his "visions"? I know he has xray and heat but does he have see-thru, microscopic, or teloscopic?
          He discovered see-through the same episode as x-ray (X-Ray) and he (visibly) used it in early episodes like Jitters.

He sometimes used telescopic in combination with his x-ray vision without explicitly naming it (e.g to find the diamond earring in Bound or the coat button in Progeny).

He dubbed micro-vision in Masquerade.

Comment

Too bad FLIGHT wasn't done justice in this way. Unless it happens in the remaining episodes. Kelly (Souders) said Clark would not need Kara's help in order to fly, but that does not necessarily mean he WILL fly before the finale.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
            I, too, liked how they incrementally added his powers and how they semi-convincingly showed how he discovered all of them.

What I sometimes didn't like was that it was always this new power that helped him to make the save in the episode (especially Heat).
            I do not mind so much his using of a new power. In fact, if we saw him develop Flight, wouldn't it be SUPER-COOL if he used Flight to save someone??
            What i DO mind is that not only did he not discover Flight by accident, but the knowledge was "forced" on him by Jor-El's machinations. HOW AWESOME would it have been if we had had e.g. an episode where someone hits Clark with Kryptonite, and then throws him and Lana or Lois off a clif, and then he discovers he can fly and saves the day?

That opportunity is gone, now, not to mention HALF the characters of Smallville have flown. Let's hope that Hawkman's words and D.r Fate's prediction are DONE JUSTICE -because it's one thing to fly, ANOTHER thing to fly as fast and as high as SUPERMAN!

Hope Clark mans up by the Finale!

Comment

I really like how they took the time to develop his powers not just one after another... they didn't put it on the side either they dedicated a whole episode to show how this new power could really be used in many ways to help Clark overcome some of the obstacles he will have to face. I especially liked the "Sneeze" episode where he gets his super breath, it was a really enjoyable episode and it wasn't just him blowing some villain out of the sky or anything he had to learn to use and control the power to use it in the right situations.

Comment

Like in the pilot he has super-strength but wasn't strong even to stop the truck Jeremy Creek was in in its tracks...the car pushed Clark in the parking lot and thru a wall. But in the episode where Lex is committed Clark was able to stop Morgan Edge's car instantly...it shows that he got stronger as the show went on!

And he stopped the bus in Metropolis too!

Comment

Originally posted by eggie
                  Like in the pilot he has super-strength but wasn't strong even to stop the truck Jeremy Creek was in in its tracks...the car pushed Clark in the parking lot and thru a wall. But in the episode where Lex is committed Clark was able to stop Morgan Edge's car instantly...it shows that he got stronger as the show went on!

Nice attention to detail. You're absolutely right!
                  That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by eggie

I also remember Clark being shot with a shotgun by Jonathan. He had welts. Ha!

Comment

The more times you re-watch the show, the more you start to realise little details like this. From getting bruises from being shot in the early days to it merely bouncing off him in later series.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎