Collapse
No announcement yet.

New helicopter scene?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

YTV in Canada is airing Season 8 right now. Did the CW edit out the scene where Clark stacks the cars belonging to the football players? I don't remember seeing it tonight? That was in the first episode right? Also, anybody catch what the ad said about next week being the start of "the final 4 episodes? There's 5, I know they'll air both Finale parts 1 &2 during one night but other articles and blogs consider them 2 episodes, as do I. Does anyone think that the DVD will have the finale as two episodes or is this being treated along the same lines as Absolute Justice?

Comment

Re-runs of Smallville on ABC Family got me hooked on the series. They had a Season 2 marathon going on. After I devoured all of those episodes, I ran out and bought Season 1 to fill in the gaps. I too am surprised more networks aren't trying to re-run the show.

Comment

It's a hard to show to syndicate because it's become so serialized. I think you could make a case for showing the first and second seasons - and possibly the third - but definitely by Season 4 you start to have no idea what's going on if you haven't seen everything that has come before. This is not ideal for syndication because a viewer is going to feel discouraged from watching the show if he/she doesn't know what's going on. An ideal show for syndication is a show like Seinfeld, where each episode stands completely by itself with almost zero dependence on any other episode. Networks can show episodes in any order they want, and viewers are more likely to tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          It's a hard to show to syndicate because it's become so serialized. I think you could make a case for showing the first and second seasons - and possibly the third - but definitely by Season 4 you start to have no idea what's going on if you haven't seen everything that has come before. This is not ideal for syndication because a viewer is going to feel discouraged from watching the show if he/she doesn't know what's going on. An ideal show for syndication is a show like Seinfeld, where each episode stands completely by itself with almost zero dependence on any other episode. Networks can show episodes in any order they want, and viewers are more likely to tune in.
          agree, but how come "Lost" is in syndication? No other show is as confusing as that!!

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
            agree, but how come "Lost" is in syndication? No other show is as confusing as that!!
            I can't really speak for Lost since I've never seen it, but I would imagine the fact that it was on a better network and had a larger audience (I think) might give it a better chance in syndication.

Comment

ABC Family re-aired Smallville all the way up to season four, then for some reason they stopped. I'm thinking it had something to do with the eventual CW network mash-up, but I'm not sure.

However, I know for a fact that they aired up to season 4, because I remember watching "Spirit," and they bleeped out possessed Clark's line:: "the crown's mine *****!"

It was really funny. I wish there was another network that would re-air episodes. Even if it was SyFy (they used to have Roswell marathons). I just wish and hope for a new audience to find and love Smalliville.... it can be a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                I don't think they would spend the money to add to re-edit everything. Plus there are contractual things, certain actors are paid for certain episodes. Only George Lucas seems to change that stuff and that's so he can sell multiple versions of the same DVD to gullible consumers like me.
                Hey, what's that supposed to mean? As die hard a Star Wars fan as I am, I'm only in possession of one version of the whole series. Minus Episode I, which I'm getting to, and Episode II which sucks and I'll never buy.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎