No announcement yet.

Ageless Rehash?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ageless Rehash?

Don't get me wrong this episode was 100 times better then Ageless but did anybody find the 2 episodes somewhat similar in the fact both episodes had a kid who was reliving various moments in Smallville Clark's life

That actually did cross my mind after watching Scion. There were little callbacks scattered throughout the episode, and I noticed the similarities with Ageless - a rapidly aging clone being taken care of by Clark and his love interest. At first I thought that Scion was a decent/good episode for the most part, but after thinking it over, I realized that pretty much the entire episode was borrowing from the earlier seasons. It just comes off as the producers/writers not knowing what to write anymore, so they write a script that borrows from films, or they dig through earlier episodes and go into callback mode.

What better episode to copy from than Ageless though. Am I right?
    Last edited by HopeforTomorrow; 03-31-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Since this episode featured Connor Kent, someone from the comic books, and a combination of Lex and Clark's DNA, as opposed to being the offspring of meteor-infected parents, I'm hesitant to say this episode was anything like "Ageless."

That being said, (and I'm actually one of the few who really liked "Ageless") as far as Clark's parental and nurturing qualities shining and bringing the topic of Clark having children of his own to light, I'd say yeah, sure they're similar... but that's about it.

Comment

Not at all. Evan in "Ageless" was born, grew up and died within one episode. Apart from rapid aging (which resulted in him giving off energy), he didn't have any powers. Nor would I say that he had any big impact on the development of Clark or this universe. "Ageless" was essentially a filler episode.

Conner was introduced as "Alexander" in "Lazarus". He's a character who've been here the whole season and this is the payoff to his story arc. His appearance in this episode also marks a major shift in Clark's development. Clark is not longer the teenage boy, with developing powers, who struggles to accept himself. Now he's an adult, who guides and inspires the younger generation. Conner's also a noteworthy DC character, rather than an original one-shot, who is never brought up again. Not to mention, he's also played by a single actor for the episode.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎