No announcement yet.

Something doesn't make sense in the finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something doesn't make sense in the finale

I can't believe I've only just realised this but.

To break open the cage 66 of the 600 seals had to be broken. Then Lucifer and everything in the cage walks free. Well. The seals are still broken. Why can't Michael and Lucifer just leave?

Like God said, there are always gonna be holes and the fans are always gonna b*tch.

Because there is another way to open and close the cage, which is the Horsemen rings. The Seals are mute now and they are pretty much out of the equation.

The thing is, will Raphael ever understand how to open the cage via the rings? Now, Gabriel knew the rings would open and close the cage, yes, but it didn't seem like Gabriel knew the enchantment and only Death knew how(and possibly the other Horsemen knew as well).

Comment

Exactly, the rings were ANOTHER way. A back door even. So why not just leave through the front again. Of course it also doesn't make sense that there should be a back door.

Comment

The rings were another way, but I don't think it was the back door, imo, just as another way to open the front door.

Comment

The front door was already open though...

Comment

Yes, the door was opened, but still...how exactly could Lucifer get tossed back into the cage with the cage being in Hell? The rings had to open up a "passage" from Earth to Hell. And the rings were able to do that anywhere, but since Lucifer destroyed the original place of his cage(that church), then the rings had to be used.

Comment

But Hell isn't a physical place is it? That is just where the priest felt an angel. Lilith's blood formed the portal which should work anywhere.

Comment

Azazel said, in "Lucifer Rising", that that's where he found Lucifer's cage directly under, or, more or less, where Lucifer fell. Perhaps not directly where the cage is at, as it can be opened and closed whereever with the rings, but that's where Lucifer directly fell and perhaps that's where the final seal can only be used on.

Comment

Well then that would mean he should still walk free, unless of course, it was just resealed.

Comment

If he could walk free, than that means the rings wouldn't work to shut the gate.

Okay, lol...the seals were meant to be broken only once, as the Apocalypse was meant to be the end of the world, but since it started way before God intended, Michael and Lucifer are now stuck in the cage forever, unless someone manages to open the cage with the rings or use Heaven's weapons(which is still open in the air on if they can actually open the cage, or maybe the Horsemen's rings are more powerful than Heaven's weapons).

Make sense?

Comment

It's not you, lol, you make sense, but we have to assume the very nature of Hell to make it fit.

Okay, then. Let me try and phrase it this way. If we think of the Cage as a house. We have the front door with 66 locks on the front of it. We have a back door only accessible via four keys, windows in which Leprechauns can go through and then there is Death who just appears like a ninja, then disappears.

On the front door, the 66 locks are unlocked and Lucifer leaves his house. Sam then drags, himself, Lucifer, Michael and Adam through the back door, however the front door is still unlocked and cannot be locked again, at least not without bringing back Lilith. Why not leave again? They never explain why they can't leave again, do another 66 seals have to be broken? Does the door automatically lock once it has been used (which would again bring back Lilith)?

Comment

But I had answered your question about the "front door" of your logic already. Once the 66 seals were opened, Lucifer escaped, but then the cage closed(otherwise, they'd still be a giant hole-like opening where the church was, but it closed as soon as Lucifer escape), so the cage is closed, but can't be opened as there is no Lilith, thus, no 66th seal. Now, the only ways to open it is with the rings and Heaven's weapons(supposedly). Sure, Leprechauns can enter, maybe much as how Death entered it, but there is no way to open it by seals because there are no use for them any longer. The 66 seals are mute.

Comment

But if the Cage still exists, why does the door not exist anymore. I would have thought that, like a Devil's Gate it may just reseal. Because now we have to assume the mechanics of Hell, either way this discussion will just go around in circles now.

Comment

the rings of the horsemen formed a union, and no power in the universe seems to be able to oppose labor unions.

I guess the horsemen were held somewhere while waiting for the apocalypse, and then they were set loose, right? So that power of ring-binding was reversed and used against Sauron, er, Luce buddy.

I'm not worried about the specifics of how the cage works. For the same reason there's no demon binding altar in my garage. (That stuff don't really work anyway, so why demand a schematic of the cage).

Comment

Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username
                              But if the Cage still exists, why does the door not exist anymore. I would have thought that, like a Devil's Gate it may just reseal. Because now we have to assume the mechanics of Hell, either way this discussion will just go around in circles now.
                              As Castiel said, think of the seals as doors, so, think of the cage as a door if you will:

If the cage can still be opened, then the seals should still be opened, yes? So...as soon as Sam brought Samhain back to Hell, why didn't Samhain just raise back up if the seal was already broken? How come the Witnesses didn't just rise back up afterwards? Those questions can always mess with your head, so it's easy to just let them go, especially when season four and five are over with, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎