No announcement yet.

#1.18 "No Ordinary Animal"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KryptonSite
    I'm watching now, an hour after the fact on DVR. Great Beeman colors as usual. Love seeing Lucy Lawless on ANYTHING, and giving Katie something cool to do is always a good thing.

But when she was describing the animal guy - couldn't she have just said "that guy who got killed in Welcome to the Hellmouth, Part 2?" Or "That uy who was in that crappy Skyline movie?"
    Ha,ha! Or even, "he looked like that guy who played a werewolf on Foxfamily before it became ABCfamily...)"

I was actually really surprise by two things:
    1. how ruthless this Animal man really was
    2. the fight between Jim and the "animal" was pretty awesome. It bled Greg Beeman. I liked it very much.

One thing I'm kind of disappointed about is that Jim and Stephanie still don't know that Daphne can control people's thoughts/actions. I just figured that when she stopped Jim from beating the bad guy to death, maybe she'd also persuade him to tell them who he's working for... but no. It didn't happen. Oh well, there's still more to come, and I imagine that things are only going to get more complicated but (hopefully) exciting.

...and I'm still waiting for Joshua. I was half-hoping that it was he who threw the "animal," the vase, and moved the chair.
    Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 03-23-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drwood
      Daphne could have stopped him with mind control, though...but it was nice to see Jim pound him.

I get the impression that when Daphne gets really scared, she unable to use her powers. Her fear takes over and she is unable to focus and freezes up. Either that or it could be she can't control animals and for the most part that is what he was.

Comment

I think this is the episode I like the most this season so far.

Comment

From TV by the Numbers:

ABC’s No Ordinary Family was up 25% from its last Tuesday original on March 1 to a 1.5 rating (on March 1 it went against a special Tuesday edition of American Idol). And ABC did better from 9-11p with the “Greatest Movies of Our Time” special than with V and Detroit 1-8-7. The special averaged a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating between 9-11p, though V fans will note that from 9-10p its 1.6 rating was worse than V’s 1.9 in its season finale last week.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, March 22, 2011:
          Time

Net

Show

18-49 Rating/ShViewers (Millions)

8:00

CBS

NCIS

3.8/12

NBC

Biggest Loser: Couples

2.7/8

FOX

Glee (R)

1.9/6

ABC
          No Ordinary Family
          1.5/55.30
          CW

One Tree Hill (R)

0.3/10.82

>>
          Last edited by SteelyGal; 03-23-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Looks like Katie has a superbaby on the way! I figured they would make her baby super once I heard they were using her pregnancy on the show.

Why didnt Daphne listen to the bad guys thoughts? He was acting so incredibly obvious he wasnt from the school! Boy is she stupid!

Comment

The ratings give me hope that maybe ABC can give it another chance. This is the show that can be a hit if giving the chance.

Comment

This was one of my favorite episodes too! I really loved how Jim told Dr. King to stop pretending he didn't know what was going on! I also thought Daphne's boyfriend was being a jerk as well. I think Daphne is going to be in a lot of trouble because she let him know about the family's powers.

Comment

The next episode is shown Saturday 3/26 night at 9 on my guide. I don't know if they changed the timeslot for all future episodes or if this is just a one week move.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
                    The next episode is shown Saturday 3/26 night at 9 on my guide. I don't know if they changed the timeslot for all future episodes or if this is just a one week move.

It's just for this week because Dancing With the Stars will be airing all day next Tuesday. The last episode of the season is scheduled to air Tuesday, April 5th.

Comment

Anyone getting annoyed with how dumb all the characters are though? Or how ridiculous things are getting?

JJ has super microscopic vision now that he can see inside a wound?

Daphne not immediately using her powers to read the mind of Animal dude?

The Mom not super speeding away from her near fatal blow?

I just feel like the show is getting way too dumb, though seeing Ms. Powell use Speed Force was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragius
                        Anyone getting annoyed with how dumb all the characters are though? Or how ridiculous things are getting?

JJ has super microscopic vision now that he can see inside a wound?

Daphne not immediately using her powers to read the mind of Animal dude?

The Mom not super speeding away from her near fatal blow?

I just feel like the show is getting way too dumb, though seeing Ms. Powell use Speed Force was cool.
                        JJ could assess the spread of the infection and make a conclusion.

Daphine was trying not to use her power and was more worried about her mother.

The nature of super speed for the mother means her super speed is under voluntary control and so she can be taken surprised about the animal guy's attack like anyone else.

Jim's power of invincibility means that the factor of his power is continuous and not voluntary control in comparison to Stephanie's super speed.

Comment

I think this was my favorite ep so far. Lucy Lawless has helped the show. Some nice drama with Stephanie (BTW that was a lot of blood to lose ans still survive) Chris and Mr Lichman both must die! Katie! Time travel!

Comment

I kinda of think that with Katie's baby. It is obvious that the baby has permanent powers. But since mother and baby will be mixing their blood together during the 9 months, it is possible that Katie could acquire the powers on a permanent basis since the chlorophyall adeno-phosphate serum is obviously in her system via baby on a permanent mutant template.

Comment

WATCH NO ORDINARY FAMILY LIVE IF YOU HAVE AN HOPE OF SAVING IT!! DO NOT RECORD IT WATCH IT LIVE!! EVERY ONE WHO SEES THIS MESSAGE SHOULD TELL IT TO ALL THE NOF FANS THEY NO AND TELL THEM TO TELL ALL THE NOF FANS THEY KNOW. THEY CANCEL THE SHOW ON VIEWER-SHIP PEOPLE!

also, sign my petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/23021610/petition.html

to get the show renewed, every signature counts!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎