Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (HBO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read all the books that the author has managed to get out and there have been changes to the tv series. I find it interesting that the author is involved and may be the one changing things - some people speculate that he will finish out the series on TV and not in book form.

For last sunday's episode with the Red Wedding - I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the changes from the book. I felt like the book version was pretty dramatic however I get they were trying to make it more dramatic since viewers haven't had as much time to grow attached to their characters but sheesh I don't think they needed to be as graphic with that one stabbing scene.......

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the casting they have done for the show even if some of the characters aren't what I was expecting.

Comment

• I loved the look on Walder's face during the massacre, it was like even he couldn't believe what was happening before his eyes. He was like a kid in some kind of a store. He had front row seats to the best show on Earth and the only thing he was missing was popcorn...but really Catelyn should've threatened him with something more important to him than a wife:

[Catelyn grabs Walder's drink from off the table]

Catelyn: "On my honor as a Tully. On my honor as a Stark. Let him go, or I'll SPILL YOUR DRINK."

Walder seriously considers it for several moments before replying: "...I'll pour another."

Comment

• Kind of an anti-climactic season finale, felt more like a regular episode that sets up future storylines and big events.

The show keeps teasing us about Arya's future revenge, surely we're going to time-jump sometime soon? They should do it next season. Arya can be all grown-up, the dragons can be all grown-up, hell just about the only person who won't be grown up is Tyrion the lovable demon monkey. lol The more things change, the more Tyrion stays the same. j/k And when the story skips forward, they can give us all sorts of unexpected surprises. Like children between Tyrion and Sansa, twins they name Syrion and Tansa; another child for Cersei and Jaime, who's even blonder and more bloodthirsty than Joffrey; and a cybernetic implant for Jaime giving him the hand of Robocop.

Finally, for those of you still down about the deaths of Robb and Catelyn, let's not forgot about the hope of a better tomorrow that the White Walkers bring us.... Robb and Catelyn may very well live again, as resurrected zombies of this glorious undead army. How's that for a twist you never saw coming.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 06-10-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• ^^^ I can just see it now....Robb and Catelyn as White Walkers with their necks hanging on severed muscles, and Robb is riding on a headless direwolf Then Sam kills them with his hoard of dragonstone. I bet he had loads stuffed inside that fur coat of his.

I agree with you about the episode, it was a bit of an anti-climax of a finale as finales go. All they've done is leave us with loads of stuff unsaid and to be honest it was a bit of a boring episode compared with whats gone down in previous episodes. I did lol when Arya started stabbing that guy as it was just a bit surreal to me and then when she said to the Hound she'd nicked his knife, I bet he was cacking himself! I kind of wish we'd got a scene of her stabbing him instead though. I was also really touched at that almost father and son moment with Tywin and Tyrion. I guess Tywin has got a heart after all. Albeit a screwed up one. I just wish there had been a bit more drama this episode. Even poor Theon got of lightly. Oh well, another years wait....sighs

Comment

• Originally posted by starflower69
            I can just see it now....Robb and Catelyn as White Walkers with their necks hanging on severed muscles, and Robb is riding on a headless direwolf
            Oh yeah I forgot about that poor wolf...lol.

Then Sam kills them with his hoard of dragonstone. I bet he had loads stuffed inside that fur coat of his.
            And seeing as we're talking about Sam here, let's just be thankful those dragonstones aren't edible. (is it dragonstone or dragonglass? Probably wouldn't matter to Sam either way, he'd still eat it. lol j/k)

I did lol when Arya started stabbing that guy as it was just a bit surreal to me and then when she said to the Hound she'd nicked his knife, I bet he was cacking himself! I kind of wish we'd got a scene of her stabbing him instead though.
            Do you mean stabbing the Hound? Aren't we supposed to like him now or something? lol (Or like him more than before?) He saved Arya's life and he's sort of her protector now... I could see the show doing something like him being a father figure for her, training her as she grows up, helping her to become a great fighter. I wouldn't mind if they did something like that. The man is a survivor who sees the world for what it is, he could make an interesting mentor for Arya on her path to future vengeance.

I was also really touched at that almost father and son moment with Tywin and Tyrion. I guess Tywin has got a heart after all. Albeit a screwed up one.
            It's hard to tell how we were supposed to interpret that scene.... As based on what Tywin said, if it were up to him and he did what he personally wanted to do, he would have killed Tyrion as a baby. But because he's all about the superiority or importance of his bloodline or "royal blood", he spared Tyrion. Making it a decision not made out of actual love or compassion for an innocent baby, but for something more serving of "ego". He basically told Tyrion he never wanted him. Pretty cruel and heartless (if he actually meant it)...

Comment

• So, what does everyone think of our new villains?

Comment

• Pics of season 4 in production. I can't believe we've got that long wait all over again! Is it spring yet?

http://www.*********.com/2013/07/gam...4-iceland.html
                Last edited by starflower69; 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Link isn't working.

Comment

• It's still summer Such a long way to go

Comment

• Sorry about that, I've tried re-posting it and the link still doesn't work. If you want me to post them individually let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue_agent
                        It's still summer Such a long way to go
                        Winter is coming and we can have Christmas! Then spring 2014.....

Comment

• Yeah, good point

Comment

• So what did you think of the finale? I thought it was a bit of a letdown in comparison to the 'Red Wedding' I still think that Arya needs to come into her own and I can't wait to see what happens with Theon's sister.

Comment

• The finale I really loved but the final scene I liked only a bit much, not that much - I mean, we already saw Dany winning the hearts of slaves - I don't think we needed to see that as the final scene. Maybe something else.

Yeah, I think Arya is gonna be very merciless killer - she's going to hell and even deeper and there's no going back for her. I think Theon's sister is screwed - she won't make it to the Dreadfort. Not with Stannis on the way to the Wall and the Boltons taking over everything.

Comment

• News on season 4 casting....

Banshee's albino is all set to visit Westeros on the upcoming fourth season of Game of Thrones. But who will he play?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎