No announcement yet.

The Hybrid Child and Chad Decker

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hybrid Child and Chad Decker

Hey folks, newcomer here. Been following V since Episode 1, Season 1, though. After tonight, there're three things that weigh on me heavily, so I thought I'd run them by you guys and see what you think.

Hybrid Child

I quote Lisa (Season 2 Episode 9, spoken to Erica): "There's this connection a V queen makes with her subjects. It's called Bliss."

So what Lisa says is that, Bliss, is a V queen's special ability. In that case, why is it that the Hybrid, who is absolutely unrelated to Anna, and has no royal genetic heritage from Anna, is able to use Bliss so much more effectively than Anna, despite no prior experience and training? It makes sense that the queen has Bliss as a special ability, possibly as a control measure for her subjects - otherwise the entire V race would just Bliss the hell out of each other in any dispute. I can easily accept humans susceptibility to Blissage, but to have the Hybrid be able to Mass Blissage everyone like that is a little off for me.

Secondly, the Hybrid Child is supposedly able to feel emotion, given that she's half human and/or exposed to Ryan Nichols. This is presumably evidenced by all her little hugging scenes with Anna, to show that her "love" for Anna has possibly infected Anna with Human Emotion quite a bit. So why then, is an "Emotioned-ed", half-V still able to murder her own father in cold blood? It just doesn't add up to what the show has been telling us about Vs and emotion.

Chad Decker

Anyone else like Chad? I see lotsa love for the other characters which is cool and all, but not much mention of Chad. Despite him being a bit of a jerk initially, his conversion to Fifth Column sat quite well with me after he witnessed Anna twisting his words to suit her agenda - that probably rubbed against his journalist's pride quite a lot. And that whole bit where he had to set Kerry up not only to protect himself, but her as well - I totally felt for him at that point. Poor Chad had to play his selfish face in front of her, but you could see that he was totally unhappy about it after she'd left.

Here's hoping Chad somehow survives in Season 3 (let's be a bit optimistic about S03!). The fact that they didn't show his death might hint at a possible survival for him, since they outrightly killed everyone else. He might even have escaped, since he was never shown boarding the mothership to meet with The Evil One.

Season 3. Make it happen, Powers-That-Be! The writers obviously want a Season 3, since they let Erica meet up with Project ARIES. That scene would've been, to quote Hobbs, "bloody pointless" without a new season. And lastly, I do find Hobbs quite intriguing too - bring the man back and let's put him in a major arc!

The hybrid is half-Visitor, recall- and who knows what Anna has been teaching her? Would she know to use the tail like that on her own? She's just more connected to Anna than she was to Ryan, so I can understand her doing what she did.

I think somehow, some way, Chad will survive if there's a season 3.

Comment

I like the Chad Decker character. In fact, he's probably one of my favorite
      characters on the new show. As far as them showing Chad getting executed...
      ...they never showed Lawrence Parker getting taken to the mothership,
      being tortured, or getting executed and we all know he's dead. Same
      goes for John May. In reality, Anna knows that Chad is against her
      and wouldn't let him stay on the air. His character has no where to go.
      He serves no purpose in the Fifth Column without his connection to
      Anna and the Visitors or his influence over the people of Earth (And
      even that is pointless with Amy blissing humans).

Comment

Hmm. Bliss seemed to only be something that the Queens could do. Anna could do it. Diana said she could do it. I suppose the Lisas can do it.

But, now that Amy can do it...I guess that DOES change things.

I, for one, have started to LOVE Chad Decker this season. I didn't know what to think about with him in the first season, but ever since he joined up with the Fifth Column, he's proven he can be a Good Guy and a hero in his own right. He's proven to be trust-worthy and useful.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
          But, now that Amy can do it...I guess that DOES change things.
          amy is a completely different species.

she was not hatched via an egg, but is probably the 'queen' of her own species, as she is the only one.

i don't like this blissing of humans power though - bad memories of elizabeth the 'star child'.

Comment

I had kind of a thought to bring up from a co-worker:

The V-Guards entered the news station and apprehended Chad.
            OK, the V-Guards are not official police or warranted the United
            States to arrest citizens of the US. You'd think station security
            would stop them or Chad, knowing what kind of trouble he was in,
            would refuse to go with them or call security to get them out of
            there. The Visitors are not handling weapons, showing any kind
            of military force, and are not shock troopers. Why would you go
            with them? On the other side of the coin, after what Chad's boss
            said to him in the middle of the season as their reason for hiring
            Kerry and what Chad did to Kerry to get her fired, I don't think
            that Chad had too many friends at the news station? Never
            forget, even if Chad gets out of being arrested, Anna could just
            flip a switch and off goes Chad's aneurysm...Bye, bye, Chad.
            What can you do?

Comment

That priest in "Unholy Alliance" said that "among all those we have bred with..." So, was there other breeding before Ryan's child? Unless I'm misinterpreting his comment- Ryan's child supposedly is the first instance.

Comment

You know what I would love about Chad if we get a Season 3? What if the V guards who came to get Chad were actually Fifth Column? Because I could be all about it if Chad made some V friends aboard the ship. He doesn't really have a relationship with Joshua directly, but maybe Joshua learned about Anna sending folks to get Chad and made sure Fifth Column went down?

I don't know. Just a thought I had.

Originally posted by sylvestter
                she was not hatched via an egg, but is probably the 'queen' of her own species, as she is the only one.
                Hmm. Interesting point.

Originally posted by sylvestter
                bad memories of elizabeth the 'star child'.
                Actually, Elizabeth on the actual series after Final Battle was one of my favorite characters, so I have good memories of her from that. The bad memories of the Star Child are from Final Battle. Once she grew up, she was fun and I liked her relationships with Kyle Bates and Willie.
                Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-16-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

In the V species only the women who give birth can give bliss but any human woman can give birth so to me it makes perfect sense that Amy can give bliss.
                  As for Chad, I love him and I'm so glad he didn't die. Chad has a very strong sense of self preservation. We saw what he did to his co-host Carrie to protect himself. I think this makes him a very interesting character.
                  But what I originally loved the most about Chad is that he could play hardball with the alien queen of another species. It was like a game of chess between him and Anna. Joining the fifth collumn, however, put him in the position to be on her good side and that dynamic was lost in season 2.
                  But now that he's exposed, we can return to the awesome blackmailing and threatening. How? I don't know. Without his influence on television, what threat does he pose? However, I'm sure the writers will find a way.
                  And knowing Chad, Anna might make his some offers that are hard to resist. Remember that Chad is looking out for himself but also wants to be a decent person. The interview from the pilot episode perfectly demonstrates how he has scruples, but has a tendency to be a tiny bit selfish. He was bothered by Anna's order to not ask any questions that would paint her in a "negative iight" on tv, but he did it anyway because it "would boost his career".

Comment

Is it possible that V-Human Hybrids can all Bliss? that would really twist things and everyone would have a big problem: Breeding with humans gives every hybrid the ability to bliss, it would be extremely dangerous for all humany and lizards lol

Comment

I like Chad, and his character concept.

But I've come to terms that (RA2 Fans?) He's a dead man.

Not only is he captured right now, but he has a brain aneurism in his head that's literally a timebomb.

I don't like the Hybrid child. She's nothing but bad for us. Yeah, she's a child, but she killed her father and hypnotized the world. Column needs to target her ASAP. Imagine how pissed humans will be when they are like "Wait, you hypnotized us ?!?! " :P

Comment

I don't like the hybrid bliss thing, I think it's kinda cheesy. If bliss is a trait the queen passes down to other queen eggs then we know Ryan does not have that trait, and obviously humans can't bliss so how could a half human half non queen v bliss? Where would She get that ability?

I really liked Chad Decker this season, I think he's come a long way and I think it would be totally awesome like said before if those guards were fifth column. However I'm not too sure because I think that V guard was the same guard that locked Joshua in the force field and took his friend away.

Here's hoping that Chad gets out of his situation someway and that the humans do something about our new little devil.

Comment

Honestly, I think that if Chad was actually going to die we would have seen him die. He's a major enough character to get an on-screen death. I suspect Anna will try to use Chad as a pawn ala Ryan to infiltrate the Fifth Column; especially since he has a proclivity to try to look out for himself more than others. He may tell her to screw off and get his on screen death after all but I think there's going to be a play for his loyalties. I honestly don't think he will betray the Fifth Column; he seemed pretty resigned to his impending doom at the end of the season finale.

As for the "Starchild"---she obviously feels human emotion and Anna is beginning to embrace it as well. She obviously cares deeply for her but I think the hybrid could end up being the 5C's "trump card"--if they can get to her and provide the proper information her "Blissing" abilities could destroy Anna once and for all; if she has the ability to bliss V's as well.

Comment

Don't forgot that Joshua has his memory back. If anyone on the ship can help Chad, I would put my money on that in the story construction if the show hopefully returns. As far as the 5th column? Who's left? not many. We had Hobbs, who took off, that's leaves Father Jack, Erica and Sidney. The Doctor wasn't in the finale. I think the direction the show ended was the Producers best hope of getting another season out of ABC with this new direction of plot of Project Aries, and letting many characters go possibly to bring the budget of the show down.

Comment

I just wanna know where Amy got her little Anna-matching white outfit from? I mean seriously...who gave it to her??? The last time we saw her she was offing Ryan in a grey get up and then conveniently she just showed up, donned in a white kimono...and fully prepared to blissify the entire human race?

Um...yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎