Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Mother's Day"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring diana back

I totally agree. Why kill off the veteran actor when she brings so much to the show. She showed so much leadership control much more than her flipsy daughter. I hope that they can bring her back esp with all that healing power they have. The writers made a HUGE mistake taking her out.

Comment

Diana
      They had to do something with her. Ten eps of her in the basement was enough. They choose to go for shock value, which also explained how Anna got inexplicably behind her, over a better solution. I would have had Joshua get her off the ship. If there is a next season she would have been a greater threat in hiding working with 5th column then in the basement.

Ryan
      I dont think he's dead nor do I think Amy attacking him played well to her character

Jack
      Perfect ending and very ironic

Amy
      Ridiculous! Not only is theyre no basis for her to be able to bliss, but to show up knowing she could do it and in a similar dress was just hokey.

Erica
      All her recent crazy actions had to lead to this. Tho I never would have taken her down that path it wasnt badly played.

Chad
      Loved that they didnt show a resolution.

Hobbs
      Perfect exit for that slimeball.

Tyler
      Well I hated him from day one so I guess it was a fitting end.

Lisa
      It made no sense to pick her to kill Anna. Kiling ur mother isnt something ur told to do it's something u decide to do.

Lisa clone
      They thru out all the rules. Just horrid writing.

Project Aries
      I liked it. Good to see Marc Singer again.

The blood bath
      They really needed to do something. Too many key characters just didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by kernel_thai

Amy
        Ridiculous! Not only is theyre no basis for her to be able to bliss, but to show up knowing she could do it and in a similar dress was just hokey.
        Amy is the new "Star Child"-Only evil this time.
        I can't wait until she starts making funny faces to move things with
        her mind. I also want to see the twinkling, shiny lights glowing
        around her while she is doing something fantastic like Elizabeth
        did in 'The Final Battle'.
        Last edited by Glove; 03-28-2011, 05:42 AM. Reason: Starchild humor.

Comment

Another thing I wish they would stop doing, episodes with a 'dream'. They have done this too often, is it 4 times now? This last episode started with Anna in the room with Erica, and Anna killing her. Then she wakes up. They did a similar thing in ep1 red rain when Tylers face melted. All a dream. They had Chad Decker being strangled by Anna - all a dream. Once is ok, twice even but 3 or 4 times its just not shocking anymore and annoying. Stuff like this really spoils the programme for me, its annoying because it could be so much better. It should be a massive sucess as other things they have done well, they keep cocking it up with crazy writing like this.

And they NEVER should have killed Diana. That is just stupid!

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007
          I didn't think about that, but I did wonder how Ty was so calm on the phone with Erica if she told him the whole truth about Lisa and the V's. That was just really off to me because I'm sure he would've freaked out or at least got angry.
          Exactly. He just almost accepted it and OK Mom. I gues they were short of time to play that scene out properly. It was almost like they had 5-10 minutes at the end rewritten to step up the action and ending, but what resulted didn't make sense.
          Last edited by uktvman; 03-25-2011, 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

mod edit
            Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rule #10

Comment

Originally posted by strongmind
              The finale wasn't bad, but V doesn't seem poised to make a ten season run. I've kept away from the spoilers, and was overjoyed to see Marc Singer and the Aries project. Cool twist. Still there are problems:

Killing off a third of your major characters in one episode is not the most creative series resolution or third season setup. Having Anna use Lisa's emotion against her by making her watch was excellent. It made sense for Tyler to die once he had served his purpose. Although everyone had their heads bowed when Anna came in to kill Diana, I agree that Ryan and Joshua would have seen this coming. Why not let Diana spot her arrival and have a showdown on the stage?

I was disappointed with the birth scene. How long have we waited to see what these guys really look like? Now that they are portrayed as reptilian (which we knew) with insect like exoskeletons (which we didn't know) and huge bulbous spider like body segments (which we really didn't know) - there is no explanation on how they might wrap cloned human flesh around that thing. They should have either made a slender reptilian humanoid, or shown the "skinning" process. It amazes me that we are to believe the V's can squeeze cloverfield into Laura Vandervoort, but can't track Ryan on the ship.

So many things to explore: Is the human soul enough to overcome the V's tech advantage, and if so then how? Who are their enemies? will we be trained as soldiers? Might we get help/warning from another race that fell prey to their schemes? Can we save ourselves through self determination (rather than looking for an external agency to solve our problems)? Technology vs the human soul, imperialism, and self determination are all modern concepts that would relate to viewers. I hope we really get going on at least one of them!
              I totally agree another bad written moment, I looked at the "naked" V and was thinking whoa nelly how are they gonna put THAT into some human skin and it's passable, I mean the arms were way long the legs had a bend to them, standing upright forever would be uncomfortable I would think kinda like a dog walking on two legs ALL the time. You know what I really think? I think some computer geek/artist decided to draw a V like this is sooooo cool and have it look like this with a long tail and claws and hind legs and a big ant like body. Im sitting here rewinding the birth scene over and over like how in the heck do they make THAT look human at all?

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Jarel7
              This episode was sweet bitter, not bitter sweet. It started out so good and ended so badly. I actually felt disgusted after it went off. This was a sure way to loose viewers. There was no resolution for no one, no salvation for anyone and no reward for any of the characters efforts made through out the season. It made it all so pointless. Why on earth would they write such a morbid, hopeless ending after building viewers up so well? I am a fan who wanted to see the little girl love her father and oppose Ana. I am a fan wo wanted to see Diana take back her people and it be a long fight betwen her and her daughter Ana and the world. I am a fan who wanted Tyler to either be seduced and brainwashed to have more purpose over to be murdered so vainly. Then after all that let down we see our God fearing father blissed and deceived and a mother loosing a son. I thought the Father was the strong one! Strong enough to fight off something like a bliss seeing that he has a higher calling. God is truly out of this devil crap writing.This episode has made me not look forward to anymore, and made it very clear to me that the show is more about ratings and keeping people tuned in, over logic well written story telling. I feel mislead.
              and here we are again, everyone who has had issues with the finale all say pretty much the same thing, the obvious the plot lines were not resolved well at all, things/people died that should not have or at least in the manner they did, it was executed terribly, I cannot for the life of me think what the writers were thinking, Im wondering if ABC is in the way, the writers say well this is what should be done to make it right we are smart we know our fans want smart, then ABC comes in and says no don't do that, take that off, cut this, and the writers throw their hands up in the air
              Last edited by Johnb; 03-27-2011, 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

MOD NOTE:

Talking about other fans is absolutely NOT allowed in this forum.

Comment

Totally done with V... I think I am not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Plot Bunny Fever
                    Hobbes' going to ground was great and I don't think we can make any assumptions about him except that he is NOT in Project Aries.

I will disagree with you here. I think it is very possible that Hobbes is part of Project Aries. In the scene where Bolling and Kendrick are watching the camera feed in Erica's house, Bolling says...

"They were right. We have a problem. Erica knows everything."

How would anyone at PA know about Erica if Bolling and Kendrick, who work with her and had just recently been investigating her, did not know? You would think it would be the other way around -- Bolling and Kendrick would find out about her then pass that along to the PA brass. I took that to mean that someone at PA found out what Erica has been up to, and then gave Bolling and Kendrick a heads up about the camera feed so they could confirm and bring her in. But how would PA know about Erica? Perhaps someone who is close to Erica that knows what she knows about the Visitors (5th Column group) and has connections to a military/government organization to know about the existence of PA (British SAS) tipped them off. Hobbes! That could also explain the cleaned-out HQ. He took the information they had been gathering to PA to get Erica brought into the organization and told them that he placed a camera in her house to confirm for them what she knows. I would imagine that at least Hobbes and Erica, perhaps the rest of the 5th Column group as well, had discussed how she was going to get Tyler off the mothership. Or when the plan to kill Anna fell apart, Hobbes knew that Erica would most likely tell Tyler anything and everything to get him off the ship. Either way there would be a camera there to document her confessions.

I just don't think that Bolling/Kendrick or PA planted the camera. It makes more sense to me that Hobbes put it there, especially since he had been spending the night. If the camera had been in place for any length of time, they would have seen her and Hobbes getting freaky, which should have been cause for alarm on its own -- that one of their agents was caught sleeping with a known terrorist, not to mention that she and said terrorist were discussing being 5th Column members. They also would have seen Lisa dropping by, telling Erica about Tyler being blissed and coming up with the plan to oust Anna. To me, either of those situations would be far more important reasons to bring her in than her telling Tyler what the Visitors really are.
                    Last edited by SamanthaMarie88; 03-29-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• I will go even further, I think that the night they spent together was a welcome ''kiss.'' He placed that camera there. Hobbes always criticized Erica for not taking risks, at the end Erica started to act a lot like him, which means that she is ready to risk the life of innocent peoples. Afteral that project base is under, protected against nuclear strikes. They're preparing in the eventuality of a nuclear strike against the visitors which would cost a lot of innocent human lives. Hobbes was convienced that Erica could be part of such a project, and then had to prove it to other members that she knew everything and she can keep her mouth shut.

Comment

• According to what Scott Rosenbaum said at WonderCon, Hobbes disappeared because his role in Joe's death was about to come to light. Can you say coward?
                        Last edited by shadow08; 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• good

Comment

• Originally posted by shadow08
                            According to what Scott Rosenbaum said at WonderCon, Hobbes disappeared because his role in Joe's death was about to come to light. Can you say coward?
                            I'm just sad that Ryan didn't get the chance to expose Hobbes (Ryan, apparently, was to find out about Hobbes through Thomas' memories in the Memory Chamber) for the hypocritical coward he is. That would have been GLORIOUS.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎