No announcement yet.

Speculation: Project Aries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Project Aries

You have seen that Oded Fehr and Chris Bolling will be guest stars on Mothers Day.

Steve Pearlman said that an "interesting twist" for Chris Bolling. I think that Chris is a member of Project Aries and he may have tested Erica to know if she could be trusted or not. I think that's a better twist than being a Visitor!

I think that Lars contacted Eli just before he "died", why do I say "died" ? Because, the EW article mentionned "surprising faces". So I think that Eli gave the control of his Fifth Column to Erica : 1 to know if he could trust her and 2. to test Project Aries real impact on defeating Visitors.

Erica and his colleagues will pass this test to know if Lars can trust them. Apparently, they will succeed as Lars is descibed by Morena Baccarin as "big deal and huge threat to Visitors".

As for Kendrick, Erica's boss, I don't think he is a member of this project.

I can groove with that. I also think Hobbes is part of the operation. His role as the mercenary was just a cover to see if anyone would enlist his services against the Visitors. When they did, he reported back to the Project Aries team to know who in the group could be trusted and brought into the fold. That could also explain his reaction to the bombing in "Siege", not knowing if Eli would get out of the building in time, and his comment to Erica when she was losing it about Eli choosing her to lead.

I am guessing that when the time comes to scoop up Erica's team to bring them into Project Aries, they make it look like Hobbes has sold them out hence the "betrayals" in quotes from the other spoilers.

Comment

Yes, that's an interesting betrayal certainly more interesting than Hobbes bargaining with Marcus or "less Marcus" Thomas.

Comment

If Hobbes is Aries Project, things could change a lot:

Imagine if Hobbes actually detonated the bomb only AFTER he knew Eli, Ryan and others were safe - because his Aries Project friends told him.

It would turn the audiences' impression of that scene (hobbes shows up, detonates bomb, is responsible for deaths) on its head (hobbes shows up, detonates bomb AFTER he is told people were exacuated -> saves fifth column secretly).

Hobbes could end up being a hero! Joes death in the ensuring aftermath however was likely an unforeseen event. Yeah Hobbes is indirectly responsible for that still.

Comment

I can't wait to see what's in store for him, I was disappointed how they tried to develop the character this season, except that his relationship with Erica haven't changed a lot.

EDIT : Maybe being in project Aries is a way for him to make amends for what happened in Siege, trying to keep his promise to Erica (bring back Tyler) and find a way to rescue or find out what happened to Sarah (if she's still alive!)

I think he saw the others were safe (including Erica, his ex-husband, and the hostages), maybe he thought that Eli was gone and blew up the building. Or, who knows, maybe Eli knew that he was targeted before the hostage crisis and members of project Aries came to meet him. Maybe Eli faked his death despite what we saw, I don't know (but I doubt it really happened).

And as Elizabeth Mitchell said to EW : there are interesting betrayals. (Charles Mesure said that all Hobbes wanted was to destroy the Visitors and reunite with Sarah).
          Last edited by cloisornothing; 03-13-2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I have always loved him, but that would definitely change how Hobbes is viewed by the others who may not love him at the moment. To know that his meetings with Marcus/Thomas and seeming betrayals that came out of those meetings were actually part of an undercover role for Project Aries, rather than for his own selfish goals, would be interesting.

Comment

I would love for Erica's FBI guys (Kendrick and Bolling) to be members of this military organization that Lars is with. It would make sense given their FBI status and it would give Erica some help, which she needs desperately.

Comment

I'm sure Chris is one of the members of this project.

Comment

Agree about Chris, but don't know what to think about Kendrick. I don't know on which side he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                    I would love for Erica's FBI guys (Kendrick and Bolling) to be members of this military organization that Lars is with. It would make sense given their FBI status and it would give Erica some help, which she needs desperately.
                    Me too, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaMarie88
                      I have always loved him, but that would definitely change how Hobbes is viewed by the others who may not love him at the moment. To know that his meetings with Marcus/Thomas and seeming betrayals that came out of those meetings were actually part of an undercover role for Project Aries, rather than for his own selfish goals, would be interesting.
                      I think that would be a huge retcon because the way the scene was played with Thomas in Siege, Hobbes was not interested in betraying the Fifth Column until he heard Sarah's voice on the phone.

Comment

Project Aries was created before the Visitors of the 2009 V series came to Earth. I won't be surprised if it turn out that many of the actors and actresses of the first V were found that group after NBC cancelled the first V series.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎