Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mother's Day" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day gave me the thing I wanted most from this show. (Re: Tyler)

Now there can be a 3rd season or the show can just end right now, I'm good either way. In the end, finding out whether mankind survives the alien invasion wasn't as important as seeing the problem of Tyler resolved. Thank you, ABC.

The ending was big too. Although, what's with everybody being stuck on pause like that after the queens were done blissing? That can't be good for people who were driving on the freeway at the time.

Comment

• I don't think anyone's going to be able to bring Tyler back to life. When Anna mated, she said "now I'm hungry" at the end and her fangs appeared. The new Lisa likely is also hungry...I think the fact that her teeth receded was for the dramatic effect of the blood on her mouth--and to leave us wondering whether or not she is hungry.

I wish that Joshua would bring Diana back to life though, and maybe even Ryan. Amy some day reconciling with her father--and the tension that might lead to that--would be a good plot line.

Good point about people driving and getting blissed. Maybe you can't be blissed if you're moving really fast? After all, the Vs wouldn't want their pilots to be blissed while flying?

I'm not sure the blissing was over when Erica was moving around outside. I've seen other scenes in V where the chronology was confusing. The beams of light from the ship were still shining down. I'm assuming that once they stopped everyone will wake up, just as the first woman Anna blissed did and as Tyler obviously did.

Here's another thought on bliss: How on earth did getting blissed get hidden when Vs were on earth incognito? I can think of all kinds of scenarios where V spies might be looked at as loony!

One thing I want to know is why did Amy learn how to use her tail but Lisa didn't have a clue? I mean why didn't Anna wonder why Lisa didn't rip the gag off her mouth with her fangs and tear into the rope with her tail? She could have said, "Lisa, your captors have left. Go ahead and free yourself!" I hope we get some kind of explanation for that. Otherwise, I'll have to suspend reason to enjoy the show!

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by EMLostfan
      I'm sorry but if certain characters come back to life kill me now. I can understand for some that were fans of the original V upset about Diana. I really don't understand any anyone would be that upset about the other two. Morris did a a great job, but they never really did anything with his character. Poor Logan never had a shot. His character was poorly written from the beginning. One of the worst characters on TV.
      I know everyone says that Tyler's character was nauseating. I don't think it was bad acting. I think he did a good job portraying a gullible teen boy infatuated with a beautiful young girl. He was really a very believable character. Given opportunity to grow up on the show and mature could have changed his whole image eventually.
      Last edited by Christiane54; 03-17-2011, 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I really think they should have made the V's true form look more like the human form.Are we suppose to believe they cram those long arms and legs into a human skin and stand upright.I know this is fantasy but they have a totally different body and proportions lol.Why could'nt they be lizard but still have the same form as a human? I was more surprised than exited by it's appearance.

I think they should've gone old school and had a real actor emerge from the egg,much more effective i think.

I also wish we got more back story about the visitors regarding thier race,homeworld etc...
        Last edited by bothen; 03-18-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pflet87413
          I have never posted to V before, but after Tuesdays unforgettable episode, I had to find others that watched the show to talk about it. I really thought Diana was going to take over, and end up being worse than Ana, and I was struck hard when she died, I did not see it coming. I'm a big fan of the original, and the last thing I wanted was to see that happen.

Each death was just as shocking since they to me were main characters, season 3 is going to be something if the network does not screw us over again, I just wish Marc Singer went by the name Donovan somehow. I was still hoping for a way to tie the new and original show together. I mean when Jane Badler first showed up keeping the name Diana, I thought that had to lead to something.
          That would've been cool, but there is no real way they can say that V the original series took place because there's no way Earth would forget being invaded twice by the Visitors (in the mini series and the short lived original series).

Comment

• Hi all, I'm a late discoverer of this site. Love the countdown and live postings!

I have mixed feelings about this finale and the overall season. I'm watching the series mainly for nostalgic reasons.. and to also see what sorts of spins they put on this new series.

Been disappointed with the wobbly storylines and lack of character development. That scene where Diana (bless her snakey little eyes -- love you Jane Badler!) has this evil smile on her face when she first gets handed the communicator device by Lisa made me think: YEAH! Who's bringing evil back!

But then she gets backstabbed just as she's getting her groove on and workin' it on that platform in front of all her people. I, like some others on here, also thought she would take over and actually be a different sort of evil.. and Erica would then have to choose the lesser of two evils to work with.

The whole "bringing people back from the dead" thing is getting a bit tired, so I hope the writers lose that plot device in the next season.

I also wonder what happened to Wonder ManBoy Scientist Sid in this final episode.

I think they gave up on Tyler's character which is a shame.. all that pilot training for nothing. Seems a waste of a storyline there as well. And it would have been good to have Tyler realise "mother knows best" and see Lisa 2.0 for what she really is BEFORE he got turned into a post-coital snack. Even just a facial expression? Something? Anything?

It was a shock that Ryan died at the hands/tail of his own child (themes, anyone?).

Interested to see where this underground (literally) Project Aries thing goes.. Here's to tighter storylines and meatier characters in season 3!

PS. Don't die Chad! I'm just starting to warm to you..

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎