No announcement yet.

Tess in "Scion"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VilleFan
    I really loved how much she's developed since she was introduced in season 8. Her line saying that killing Lionel is not who she is anymore was so great.

Thoughts on her in tonight's episode?
    Loved her again. Haven't enjoyed a Tess episode so much since Luthor. My only gripe with saying she won't kill, was the final scene in Beacon. I know that it was like putting Alexander out of his misery, but it didn't feel right. And I was actually surprised they never addressed it here.

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
    all i know is tess is hott!
    Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Go Tess! Show Lionel who the real inferior one is.

Comment

I love how Tess has developed. She has never been a bad or evil person; it's simply taken a little while for her to realise that and properly step into the light as a hero. She started out following Lex's orders because of her debt and devotion to him, but when she discovered he'd been using her, she turned on him. His obsession with Clark had ignited one of her own, and she was so used to using duplicity to get what she wanted that she continued to do this in her quest to learn the truth. Then came Zod, the second man she let enthrall her - but the difference is, this time she truly believed she was doing the right thing. When she realises she was wrong, she turned on him and finally found her way to the right side. Of course, she still had to overcome her own fierce independence and determination to keep secrets, which came in with full force in the case of Alexander. But in this episode, she really completed her transformation from morally grey to good, and that's a huge step for the character.

The core theme with Tess, I think, is that the innate knowledge of right and wrong isn't as black and white for her as it is for someone like Clark, and that is why she idolises him. It's also why her allegiance is constantly flip-flopping - she's constantly doubting that she's on the right side. However, the scene from "Fortune" in which Chloe told her that Watchtower was in good hands and the entirety of "Scion" has shown that she now knows she is on the right side, no matter what her heritage may suggest. She's transcended the manipulations of Lex, Zod, and now Lionel, to come into her own, and that's been a fantastic character arc to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto~Luan
          I actually slightly agree here. I thought "Wait, he knows she was put up for adoption, how'd he miss the adoption papers?"

Maybe it's supposed to be hubris that was his flaw, as often was with Lionel. Or maybe to show Tess as a truly formidable opponent.
          Tess has been holding onto the adoption papers since Abandoned. Lionel couldn't destroy something that was in Tess' possession.

Comment

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
            all i know is tess is hott!
            And yeah, it doesn't hurt that she's hot

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
              I love how Tess has developed. She has never been a bad or evil person; it's simply taken a little while for her to realise that and properly step into the light as a hero. She started out following Lex's orders because of her debt and devotion to him, but when she discovered he'd been using her, she turned on him. His obsession with Clark had ignited one of her own, and she was so used to using duplicity to get what she wanted that she continued to do this in her quest to learn the truth. Then came Zod, the second man she let enthrall her - but the difference is, this time she truly believed she was doing the right thing. When she realises she was wrong, she turned on him and finally found her way to the right side. Of course, she still had to overcome her own fierce independence and determination to keep secrets, which came in with full force in the case of Alexander. But in this episode, she really completed her transformation from morally grey to good, and that's a huge step for the character.

The core theme with Tess, I think, is that the innate knowledge of right and wrong isn't as black and white for her as it is for someone like Clark, and that is why she idolises him. It's also why her allegiance is constantly flip-flopping - she's constantly doubting that she's on the right side. However, the scene from "Fortune" in which Chloe told her that Watchtower was in good hands and the entirety of "Scion" has shown that she now knows she is on the right side, no matter what her heritage may suggest. She's transcended the manipulations of Lex, Zod, and now Lionel, to come into her own, and that's been a fantastic character arc to watch.
              Agreed with this post. Although I'd say Oliver was probably the first man that she loved then he cheated/betrayed her and so she left him and went to Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_Kent
                Agreed with this post. Although I'd say Oliver was probably the first man that she loved then he cheated/betrayed her and so she left him and went to Lex.
                Yeah, Oliver's in the mix too. She's definitely let her life be defined by the men in it to varying extents.

Comment

Tess is good now because she has friends.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    Loved her again. Haven't enjoyed a Tess episode so much since Luthor. My only gripe with saying she won't kill, was the final scene in Beacon. I know that it was like putting Alexander out of his misery, but it didn't feel right. And I was actually surprised they never addressed it here.
                    I have no pb with this scene but yeah I was surprised they didn't talk about it. Actually I thought during the first scene that Tess was about to confess what she did to Clark, and that it was one of the reasons she was so stressed out. But she didn't, I guess she cares too much about Clark's opinion on her. And I'm kinda glad she didn't, her actions could have short-term consequences on their relation and I don't want that.

Originally posted by VilleFan
                    I really loved how much she's developed since she was introduced in season 8. Her line saying that killing Lionel is not who she is anymore was so great.

Thoughts on her in tonight's episode?
                    IA, I love how much she's developed too! I'm so glad she finally get what she always wanted, trust and love. She was never really a villain for me, she just put her trust in ppl who betrayed her, and did really bad choices to help a noble cause. But still seeing how much Clark's influence has grown on her, making her a better person, and how she stand up for her friends is great!
                    I really liked Scion for Tess because she was 100% on Clark's side but still it was perfectly realistic (not like in Icarus or Fortune where she looked a bit too much blissfully happy imo). Plus we get to see a new side of her, stressed out Tess

Comment

Originally posted by Costanza
                      I have no pb with this scene but yeah I was surprised they didn't talk about it. Actually I thought during the first scene that Tess was about to confess what she did to Clark, and that it was one of the reasons she was so stressed out. But she didn't, I guess she cares too much about Clark's opinion on her. And I'm kinda glad she didn't, her actions could have short-term consequences on their relation and I don't want that.

IA, I love how much she's developed too! I'm so glad she finally get what she always wanted, trust and love. She was never really a villain for me, she just put her trust in ppl who betrayed her, and did really bad choices to help a noble cause. But still seeing how much Clark's influence has grown on her, making her a better person, and how she stand up for her friends is great!
                      I really liked Scion for Tess because she was 100% on Clark's side but still it was perfectly realistic (not like in Icarus or Fortune where she looked a bit too much blissfully happy imo). Plus we get to see a new side of her, stressed out Tess
                      I also like how Tess has become a much more nice person!

Comment

Originally posted by computermaster
                        To be honest i kinda hated how easily he was outsmarted by her. Do you think the old school real universe lionel have been that easily done by tess?
                        Lionel is down, but he's not out.

"NEVER underestimate me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Christina :)
                          I also like how Tess has become a much more nice person!
                          Well yeah, thanks to her friends

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                          Go Tess! Show Lionel who the real inferior one is.
                          I know right? Lionel was so mean I'm glad she get the upper hand in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by costas22

Ain't that the truth.
                            I agree with the final Beacon scene. However, the Lois/Tess scene at the DP somewhat addressed her mentality/line of thinking in Beacon.

Comment

I was very happy with her tonight. This season they've kind of taken away from badass Tess and replaced her with good guy tess. But in this episode she was both!!

Comment

Can't say I was shocked when I saw Lionel call her inferior. He pretty much did the same with his real daughter in Luthor. I was just waiting patiently for the time when Tess wouds make him eat his words. I also liked how she had made the tube with a clone's ashes. She always has a plan.

Originally posted by Connor_Kent
                                I agree with the final Beacon scene. However, the Lois/Tess scene at the DP somewhat addressed her mentality/line of thinking in Beacon.
                                Don't know. I still couldn't find a good enough reason. At the end of Beacon, she didn't know that Alexander was turning into Conner. Yes, the prospect of Lionel manipualting him was still there, but all Tess knew, was that Alexander was a normal person that was quite close to dying. That's why I thought it was an extreme measure.

Originally posted by Costanza
                                Yeah I was expecting the worst too. But when she started talking about Alexander as their pet project, I started laughing. Anyway, at the end of day, it didn't make a difference, so I guess I can live with it. As long as she doesn't do it again.
                                Last edited by costas22; 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎