Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which female character should not have died?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which female character should not have died?

Out of all the female characters the show has killed off at certain points in the series which one character should never have died and still remained in the series today as an active recurring character.
    Ellen
    0%
    Ruby
    0%
    Bela
    0%
    Jo
    0%
    Anna
    0%
    Pamela
    0%
    Lilith
    0%

Jo.

I say Jo should have lived. She had a lot of chemistry with Dean but they never acted on it. Plus, it was cool to see a strong female hunter.

Bela would have been a second place choice, just because I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me. Once they gave her backstory, it was hard not to feel bad for her.

Comment

Id have to go with Jo and Pamela.

I enjoyed seeing a female hunter and I liked her relationship with Dean. I saw it more as a big brother/big sister relationship, not a romantic one.

Pamela was a hot Badass! I loved her fearlessness and Wit

Comment

Pamela, and Ellen and Jo. But only appearing on occasion, when they'd really be needed. And not Jo as a love interest for Dean.

I also wish we would've seen more of Jess.

Comment

I voted for Pamela. I felt there was a lot more to tell of her story (though I always felt that if the group needed a psychic they should have called Missouri!) and that her death served no real purpose.

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
          I also wish we would've seen more of Jess.
          I loved Jess too and was sad we didn't get more (and am thrilled when Adrianne can come back and reprise the role).

Did you know that originally Jess was not supposed to die? In the first version of the pilot, Jess was supposed to be taken over by a demon and Sam would have been hunting her while also trying to find their father? I read that once. But then Kripke changed his mind and Jess was put on the ceiling.

Comment

I voted for Anna. Hate to see how she pulled a 180 in "The Song Remains The Same" as she would've been a great ally for Castiel during the civil war and a great ally for Sam and Dean, imo. Although the episode was needed, I'd prefer a different, rogue angel.

Ellen and Jo, although characters I enjoyed, their deaths were needed, imo. I feel the same for Rufus; loved the character, but his death was needed as well. We need to see hunters die since we know Sam, Dean and Bobby will still be alive until the very end.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            Did you know that originally Jess was not supposed to die? In the first version of the pilot, Jess was supposed to be taken over by a demon and Sam would have been hunting her while also trying to find their father? I read that once. But then Kripke changed his mind and Jess was put on the ceiling.
            Kripke always wanted Jess to die, but the producers wanted to push the idea of Jess being possessed by a demon and Sam and Dean would have hunted her while looking for John.

Also, there was a point where Kripke(not the producers) wanted Sam to suspect Dean of killing John since they weren't able to find him so quickly. Has nothing to do with this post, but I find it funny of the many changes Supernatural went through before finally airing.
            Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-05-2011, 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I voted for Pamela. I felt there was a lot more to tell of her story (though I always felt that if the group needed a psychic they should have called Missouri!) and that her death served no real purpose
              I do agree that Pamela's death didn't really seem to serve any purpose, but frankly, I wasn't terribly fond of her and would go so far as to say her character served no real purpose to the overall story. I didn't hate the character, by any stretch, I just didn't see her value.

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
              I voted for Anna. Hate to see how she pulled a 180 in "The Song Remains The Same" as she would've been a great ally for Castiel during the civil war and a great ally for Sam and Dean, imo. Although the episode was needed, I'd prefer a different, rogue angel.

Ellen and Jo, although characters I enjoyed, their deaths were needed, imo. I feel the same for Rufus; loved the character, but his death was needed as well. We need to see hunters die since we know Sam, Dean and Bobby will still be alive until the very end.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Kripke always wanted Jess to die, but the producers wanted to push the idea of Jess being possessed by a demon and Sam and Dean would have hunted her while looking for John.

Also, there was a point where Kripke(not the producers) wanted Sam to suspect Dean of killing John since they weren't able to find him so quickly. Has nothing to do with this post, but I find it funny of the many changes Supernatural went through before finally airing.
              I definitely agree about Anna. I thought her whole story was quite rushed and therefore not hashed out the way it could have been. So, we quickly get her backstory and then she's quickly turned back into a soldier and then she's quickly killed. I think she could have been a useful character if it hadn't been rushed.

As for Ellen and Jo dying, I'm not sure their deaths were needed necessarily, but it certainly did add some drama. I think what bothered me the most about Jo dying was that they seemed to really push this Dean/Jo chemistry thing on us and then it never went anywhere. I suppose that is the tragedy of it, but it just bothered me when coupled with the emergence of Lisa and Ben. All of a sudden Lisa is the girl that Dean wanted all along? I didn't buy into it.

As for those changes to Supernatural, it is pretty cool to hear that stuff. I am glad they changed it though. I liked that what happened to John was mirrored in what happened to Sam and it eventually gave them some peace in their relationship once they realized how similar they were... if that makes sense.

Comment

Pamela's value was being awesome and having those great lines that made Sammy dearest squirm.
                I voted for Pamela. I felt there was a lot more to tell of her story (though I always felt that if the group needed a psychic they should have called Missouri!) and that her death served no real purpose.

I loved Jess too and was sad we didn't get more (and am thrilled when Adrianne can come back and reprise the role).

Wow I never knew that! It would've been inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBamThankUSam
                  I do agree that Pamela's death didn't really seem to serve any purpose, but frankly, I wasn't terribly fond of her and would go so far as to say her character served no real purpose to the overall story.
                  I agree. It would have been much better, IMO, to have used Missouri (she would have tied into the arc and she had history with the boys) than to introduce a new character.

Comment

I agree. It would have been much better, IMO, to have used Missouri (she would have tied into the arc and she had history with the boys) than to introduce a new character.
                    I agree with you, I'd have preferred Missouri, as so I recall they mentioned in season 2 they tried to find a way to bring her back, well season 4 would of been great.

It would of been better to have used her.

Comment

Yeah, the actress was, unfortunately, unavailable. I just learned from the Paleys that they actually wanted Loretta to stay on a a recurring but since she was too in demand they had to create a new character to help the boys:
                      Bobby Singer!

So I guess if we'd kept Missouri we wouldn't have Bobby. Fair trade.

Comment

Yeah, the actress was, unfortunately, unavailable. I just learned from the Paleys that they actually wanted Loretta to stay on a a recurring but since she was too in demand they had to create a new character to help the boys:
                        Bobby Singer!

So I guess if we'd kept Missouri we wouldn't have Bobby. Fair trade.
                        Yep thats true, however if we did get Missouri then we may not have gotten Ellen in season 2 either. Yep fair trade indeed.

Comment

Jo and Ellen were by far my fav. female characters on the show. They shouldnt have been killed. I also hate that their deaths were never avenged. :/ One of the reasons I stopped watching SPN actually.

Comment

Bela!! Krikpe said he have plans for her, and the character really had potential.

There was nothing more for Ellen and Jo character's, theirs death were really good. Besides is a show centered in two brothers...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎