No announcement yet.

#1.17 "No Ordinary Love"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.17 "No Ordinary Love"

Count down to tonight's episode and talk about it LIVE while it airs!

After the episode this can be the episode thread.

2 minutes

Comment

2 minutes to go!

Comment

somethings going on with his friend.
        perhaps shes a siren.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

ah so shes like a cough med junkie.
        Last edited by superhippie2000; 03-01-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ok so is this dudes like Wolverine?

Comment

Overall I like this series; I hope it keeps going, though I'm not sure where they're going with it. Tonight's episode was definitely interesting. I thought they could have been a bit more inventive with this villain of the week choice. It seems like there's always a woman who has the power, usually through pheromones, to attract and control the male superheroes. And of course the women are unaffected. She was a little Poison Ivy-ish. She was still hot, though. I couldn't decide who I thought was hotter, her or Jim's wife. Jim's wife won.
            I'm interested in what they're going to do with Lucy Lawless. I'm wondering if they're going to play her as a rival of Dr. King. Something akin to what they did with "HEROES" with the rival organizations. But I'm glad to see her after her run on the Spartacus franchise. I liked her in that series, she really caused a lot of trouble.
            My only other question from tonight's episode: I can't decide whether Daphne's boyfriend will turn out to be a spy for Dr. King, or not. I've considered maybe they're giving Daphne someone to confide in, someone she can tell about her powers to. Everyone other Powell has a confidant, so why not her? And it's not entirely foreign in this show to have their friends turn out to be spies or "supers" themselves.

Comment

Stephanie - there is something stronger than chemical love; real love. You go girl and get your man out of the mind love warp he is in. Nice touch with the firework look behind them when they kissed.

Comment

Also thought it was funny that they mentioned Charlie Sheen in this ep. Wasn't this ep taped several weeks or more in advance. Great timing.

Comment

^^I agree. The timing was impeccable. Made me wonder, even, if they had gone back to reshoot... but I doubt it.

I felt this episode was much better than last week, but then again, I'm probably still just reeling from the fact that Joshua is not with Katie anymore.

I'm just all kinds of confused. The series keeps me interested, but I have no idea where they're going. The mystery lady kind of reminds me of Mrs. Teague... but maybe not. Maybe the Heroes theory is closer to what's actually going on. Now, as for why? You've got me, but I'll be sticking around to find out.

...and finally, I can't believe we have to wait until March 22 for a new episode. Didn't we just come back from a hiatus? It seems so soon, but the good news is Greg Beeman directed the next episode, so it should be good.

Comment

Interesting

My daughter got a real thrill out of seeing lucy lawless on the show. I got a real laugh out of daphne boyfriend constantly asking the same question, and daphne finally throwing up her hands and screaming.

You have to know the boyfriend is going to get himself some super powers. In that same situation.. I would.

The real question is what is up with Mr. Claws. Will he end up killing Dr. King? Who does Lucy's character work for? CIA? NSA? Mafia? Illuminati? Will be interesting to see who is pulling Dr. Kings Strings.

Comment

There were some good things in tonight's ep. Hopefully they will continue this trend. One is having a plot that weaves into one ep to the next. I like the introduction of Mrs. X and the guy who will probably be next week's super villain. It was good to see Stephanie struggle with the moral decision to give him the serum or blow her cover. Ultimately, she chose her cover and may pay the price for it next week.

Finally, we got to see Dr. King's evil laboratory. Unfortunately, it didn't seem all that evil. I would like to see Dr. King being more nefarious. For me, shows about good guys versus bad guys means having someone you really want to root for and someone you really want to hate. Dr. King and the organization he works for need to show us why they are evil so it easier to despise them and want the heroes to defeat them. Right now, I feel they have done a better job with JJ’s teacher in creating a character that I despise and want to see taking down.

I like the humor they have in the show. I think it was funny that Daphne’s boyfriend kept asking the same question over and over again despite her attempts to mentally push him in a different direction. Ultimately caving and telling him the truth. Normally, when a person learns that someone is a superhero, their lives are put in danger. It would be interesting to see him put in danger from learning the truth and Daphne’s struggle to protect him. >>

Also, I am glad that JJ got involved in the story with the super villain. I think the Powell kids need to be more involved and put in more dangerous situations. I loved it when they got in trouble in No Ordinary Powell and Jim came in and kick butt to save his kids. I like to see more of this type of action versus Jim just putting bad guys away. For me, it is more interesting when the hero has more to lose than just their butt.

Comment

From TV by the Numbers:

TimeNetShow18-49 Rating18-49 ShareViewers Live+SD (million)
                        8:00FOXAmerican Idol 107.02119.92
                        CBSNCIS3.71118.89
                        NBCTHE Biggest Loser: COUPLES2.066.19
                        ABCNo Ordinary Family1.244.41
                        CWOne Tree Hill0.821.73

ABC’s No Ordinary Family continued slumping towards cancellation, down 14% vs. last week to just a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. V slipped 5% vs. last week to a 1.8 rating

Comment

Its the Spring Break, break now... SV is going on break until April 15th after this Friday too...

Comment

I've come to really enjoy this show and I like the friendship between Jim and George. I'm not sure if the show will survive long enough to show if Joshua will return with or without his powers. Love seeing Lucy on the show I wonder if she's connected to Dr. King? She intercepted that new superpower guy as if she already knew he was injected with the serum.

Comment

i'm thinking Mrs . is who r. King answers too and is higher than him in the chain of command at global tech cause she seems to know who DR. King is and she said in one scene "Dr. King is Getting Sloppy" i guess kind of hinting that he works for her

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎