Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. 10 Online

Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.
    Originally airing on NBC in 2011, The Cape stars David Lyons as Vince Faraday, a cop-turned-super hero known as The Cape.

So does that mean we get 11 episodes instead of 10? Cause there's still one episode missing.

Comment

Sadly, they mean Episode 10 is online-exclusive. In other words... the show is done.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
        Sadly, they mean Episode 10 is online-exclusive. In other words... the show is done.
        /Sigh

It had a good run... I guess.

Comment

i enjoyed the show. maybe they should just make a online series finale where they kill off chess and dude gets his wife and kid back and everythings good.

Comment

This is gonna end online like Persons Unknown and have no real resolution, unless they really have filmed a proper ending to wrap it.

Comment

Also like the show Black Donnelly's. It had either 6 or 7 aired episodes and 6 or 7 unaired except for online and on the DVD set. I hope the show can still come back.

Comment

Well, I really enjoyed Rollo's character. "Bring it on, gator butt!"

Comment

Well, I REALLY enjoy this show. Really good actors/actresses and good writing. I was very interested in what I saw happening. The lead actor really sold this story of his conflicts with the baddies and his love of his wife and son! I thought it was GREAT.

Too bad decent shows get cancelled while a bunch of dribble remains on the networks' line-ups

R.I.P. Vince Faraday

... another GOOD ONE bites the dust!!

Comment

I hope SyFy decides to get the series and revamp it like TNT did with Southland. NBC is stupid.

Comment

Totally pissed that this show got cancelled. I mean seriously- screw ratings we need stuff like this for those of us who have an interest in superheroes and the like.

The characters were great, the comic book style to it was the best.

Now in place they're just gonna have crap shows.

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
                        Well, I REALLY enjoy this show. Really good actors/actresses and good writing. I was very interested in what I saw happening. The lead actor really sold this story of his conflicts with the baddies and his love of his wife and son! I thought it was GREAT.

Too bad decent shows get cancelled while a bunch of dribble remains on the networks' line-ups

R.I.P. Vince Faraday

... another GOOD ONE bites the dust!!
                        Originally posted by Krypto_Knight
                        Totally pissed that this show got cancelled. I mean seriously- screw ratings we need stuff like this for those of us who have an interest in superheroes and the like.

The characters were great, the comic book style to it was the best.

Now in place they're just gonna have crap shows.
                        The show was lackluster and that's being nice about it. NBC was 100% right to cancel the show and post the "final" episode online. As I have said in past posts, the show's writing was bad, the acting was worse, and the production (lighting, camera angles, costume design, SFX) were even worse than the acting. The story is/was as plain as you can get. I'm surprised that the show made 10 episodes. David Lyon struggled and Summer Glau was even worse. She was eye candy, at best. Dont even get me started on the "Carnival of Crime"...geez.

Not to mention the cape itself, it was ill fitting on Lyon and seemed rather unpractical, when paired with that faux leather mask he wore. If you were making a show (that was even titled!) based on what your hero wore, you could at least make sure that the costume designers made it fit properly (and the mask as well). When Lyon was The Cape, they could have changed his voice a little or even shadowed his face. How long would it take Chess (a criminal "mastermind") to figure it out and hunt him down? Especially after seeing his goldie lock curls sticking out from the hood? The devil is in the details, people.

It was like the creator and writers of the show wanted to mix Batman (brooding, tortured soul), The Punisher (loss of family, out for revenge on who caused it), and Spiderman (helping the city by getting rid of corruption/evil). They did a horrible job of mashing those comic characters together. They even were so unoriginal as to rip off Marvel comic's supervillian Kingpin and give him a different name....Chess.

In the end, The Cape was a lackluster, boring, unoriginal show that had nowhere to go but out. That's what happens to those sort of shows, they go away

Comment

Pretty much, not at all surprised... Like I said over a months ago back when I got into the show. The show is a syndicated TV level idea (pretty much quality wise too) that made it on a broadcast network and not as a show aired by local affiliates to fill time. I'm surprised NBC even picked it up... Actually, no I'm not... Place is run by idiots.

Comment

Wow, another one bites the dust....I'm trying to figure out which series' this tv season have actually made it to see a sophomore year? Maybe 2-3 if at all.

Comment

Pretty much that's how it always goes. Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC all have about those 3-4 shows that have been going on for years and a bunch of new ones with a few getting another season and most of those get cancelled as well. It's pretty stupid actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎