Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now Chloe's the self-proclaimed hero inspirer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that line seemed weird to me. It was just weirdly-written. It should have been said in a different way to make her seem less ego-y

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
      Can someone tell me how Chloe inspired Clark? I seriously want some references of inspiration.
      To be fair, I do remember Clark saying something along the lines of "Chloe represents the best of humanity", "You taught me to always look for the best in everyone", etc. You may agree or disagree but it seems Clark himself believes that Chloe was a source of inspiration... at least, she used to be.

Comment

Okay! So I totally laughed out loud when the show gave Chloe the credit for basically inventing Batman and Wonder Woman!

Comment

Anybody thinking Chloe wasn't a huge part of Clark finding his way needs to go back and rewatch the first 5 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
            Now she must go off and inspire Bruce Wayne and Wonder Woman too.

All these heroes, what would they be without Chloe?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
              Anybody thinking Chloe wasn't a huge part of Clark finding his way needs to go back and rewatch the first 5 seasons.

I'm mean she was only his best friend and kept his secret for years. No big deal...

I would've probably used the word encouraged rather than inspired though. The Chlark friendship has been dumped on pretty heavily in the past few seasons, but there is no question that Chloe helped him in his journey... why people are so threatened by this, I have no clue.

Comment

YES!

Didn't you know that she Discovered Batman and Wonder Woman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
                  YES!

Didn't you know that she Discovered Batman and Wonder Woman!!!
                  OMG! I could barely be angry about that! It was just so typical of Smallville that I laughed out loud!

I'm still laughing!

Comment

Chloe is the true hero of the story.
                    I know I've been saying that for years.

While Clark's parents figured that someday maybe their son was destined for great things, Chloe was the first one to really fully support Clark's Superhero ways.

With his parents, first and foremost was their fear of his secret getting out when he used his abilities. Lana wanted the normal life and she inspired him to do things like set aside the cape (literly) and Pete thought it was cool and then too much pressure. (Who knows what Lex would have done if Clark trusted him. )

Chloe was the one who praised him for doing more with his life than just playing football. She's the one who called him a superhero, told Clark that normal was overrated and kept pushing him to do more and more. Even in Hex it was her belief in him that allowed him to believe in himself.

I really don't think her being the first to believe in him is overstating it at all. She worked to inspire him to fully become the hero that she saw inside and frankly is the one who had to put up with his mopey ways more than anyone. She deserves HUGE credit for that last one.

Comment

There is nothing Chloe Sue can't do.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                        I agree she was a huge part of his story on Smallville and did help become the Hero he is today.

----- Added 35 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                        I know I've been saying that for years.

While Clark's parents figured that someday maybe their son was destined for great things, Chloe was the first one to really fully support Clark's Superhero ways.

With his parents, first and foremost was their fear of his secret getting out when he used his abilities. Lana wanted the normal life and she inspired him to do things like set aside the cape (literly) and Pete thought it was cool and then too much pressure. (Who knows what Lex would have done if Clark trusted him. )

Chloe was the one who praised him for doing more with his life than just playing football. She's the one who called him a superhero, told Clark that normal was overrated and kept pushing him to do more and more. Even in Hex it was her belief in him that allowed him to believe in himself.

I really don't think her being the first to believe in him is overstating it at all. She worked to inspire him to fully become the hero that she saw inside and frankly is the one who had to put up with his mopey ways more than anyone. She deserves HUGE credit for that last one.
                        Great Post

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Terrific_T
                        Okay! So I totally laughed out loud when the show gave Chloe the credit for basically inventing Batman and Wonder Woman!
                        I don't think that was their intention, Chloe was pointing out that there are other people like him and they need help too but that doesn't mean she was taking credit for Batman and Wonder women but just implying that she had met them.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kevin24
                        Chloe is the true hero of the story.
                        On Smallville I think she is

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                        I loved that entire scene, and nothing and no one can take that feeling away from me. I understand the sentiments that have been expressed in here, and yes, Clark's parents were the first to ever believe in him, so that line could probably have been written better than it was, but I think she meant she was the first person outside his family -- the first friend to truly believe in him and see his heroic potential, and she really DID fulfill that role. It was a fitting sendoff to my favorite tiny blonde, and I will treasure that scene, always.
                        I think Clark's parents being the first ones to believe in him is a given so that line didn't bother me at all because outside his parents she was the first one.
                        Last edited by Athena; 02-26-2011, 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Terrific_T
                          OMG! I could barely be angry about that! It was just so typical of Smallville that I laughed out loud!

I'm still laughing!
                          I'm just waiting for the final scene of the series: -->

"Look up in the sky - It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Chloe Sullivan's best friend"

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                            What I meant was that at least in Lana's case, the praise came from someone else, not from Lana herself. Modesty has never been one of Chloe's character traits, but in this case, it was a little too much for my taste.

Her return/sendoff arc was completely over the top, IMO. She left in Lazarus, globetrotted for a few weeks, met several superheroes, by Ambush she was the leader of the SS, the heiress of Checkmate, rescued the team by Collateral, is now a ninja chick that can beat guys three times her size, can fire two guns at the same time, she's living this extraordinary romance with Oliver, she's clark's inspiration, continues to be a super techie and will now be a writer/reporter while discovering superheroes around the world. Kind of too much for my taste, it's like the writers are trying so hard to portray her as awesome that it comes out as completely fake.
                            LOL! It's so ridiculous, isn't it?

Definition of Mary Sue, by TV Trope:

She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues [...] if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author's favorite canon character. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series. In other words, the term "Mary Sue" is generally slapped on a character who is important in the story, possesses unusual physical traits, and has an irrelevantly over-skilled or over-idealized nature.
                            Last edited by Nanda Lane; 02-26-2011, 01:00 AM.

Comment

To me, it just seemed like she was expanding on the Isis Foundation... there's nothing wrong with that. I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't take full credit for Clark's development as a hero - he was saving people way before she knew about his powers, but her role as Watchtower has led to her becoming a home base of sorts like she tried to be in "Absolute Justice." She can connect others to the Justice League and help them realize that that they're not alone in the world. I think it's a good thing, and the type of work that she can be proud of.

Comment

And we are surprised because?

They gave her the Mary Sue of all heroes status
                                Clark's only inspiration
                                She got the hot hero no mattering his pre-established future

What's not to love?

This makes look the Super Lana Suit really appealing right now doesn't it? At least Lana didn't go to inspire Bruce and Diana

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎