No announcement yet.

So, now Chloe's the self-proclaimed hero inspirer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, now Chloe's the self-proclaimed hero inspirer

During that Chloe/Clark barn conversation, was she basically taking most of the credit for who Clark has now become and what he'll ultimately be? Not surprising, considering the way that this series has been written over the years. What would've Clark Kent ever done without Chloe...

yea that line pissed me off

Comment

What a load of crock...

Comment

Are you really surprised? *thinks of all the years of Clark playing Chloe's sidekick*

Comment

Just more lipservice along with the rest she's received in these past few episodes. I'd only be upset if I actually believed it was more than that, but anyone who watches the show can see how ridiculous that was.

I'm satisfied with what I know and what I've seen. With or without Chloe, Clark would have become a hero.

Comment

I didn't like that at all.

Comment

MOD EDIT I do not recall her saying anything about how she is the one who got Clark to where he is today, on her own, by herself, her only. Did not hear any of that. I do believe however after watching every single episode over again during the summer, that Chloe did have an impact on him.
              Last edited by Vergon6; 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: Fan-on-fan talk

Comment

I didn't like it either. I know I'm in scary grounds saying this, but I have never liked the character of Chloe. And now she's the one who has inspired him to be a hero? I'd like to say that all the people who have been in and out of Clark's life have been the ones to make him who he is today. Not Chloe. She doesn't even exist in the DC universe. (or does she? did they add her after this show?) And she's met Batman and Wonder Woman? What the crap?! If not for stupid Chloe it would have been the perfect episode.

Comment

Yeah, that line rubbed me the wrong way, too. I mean... I get where she went with it, with wanting to help inspire other hero's and everything, but why did she have to say it like that? Why go that route? Didn't like it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CIAFutureK
                    I do not recall her saying anything about how she is the one who got Clark to where he is today, on her own, by herself, her only. Did not hear any of that. I do believe however after watching every single episode over again during the summer, that Chloe did have an impact on him.
                    You're right, she didn't take ALL of the credit, which is why I mentioned how she seems to be taking MOST of the credit. She basically told Clark that she was his inspiration for who he is today, and that she's going to go spread her "wonderful-ness" around to other heroes in the world. Someone's a little full of herself I'd say.

I understand that Chloe has been there by Clark's side all of these years and that her importance on this series has been greatly elevated at his expense, but who comes out and proclaims something like that of themselves? The writers went too far by saying that Clark Kent wouldn't have become Superman without Chloe Sullivan there to inspire him IMO. They've pretty much been doing this for many seasons without saying, but now they've actually gone out and spoke the words to solidify it.
                    Last edited by HopeforTomorrow; 02-25-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HopeforTomorrow
                      I understand that Chloe has been there by Clark's side all of these years and that her importance on this series has been greatly elevated at his expense, but who comes out and proclaims something like that of themselves?

At least in Lana's case, it was Imra the one who propped her up and told her she was one of the reasons why Clark would become the hero he would be.

Comment

I've always been rather neutral on Chloe. Sometimes I've liked her, sometimes I haven't, but the direction they have taken her over the past year or two is really annoying. I thought she was really scary last year when she was trying to control everyone's life and I don't like how they have tried to turn her into some sort of Matrix super-heroine. Couldn't she just have stayed Clark's really smart friend and been just as useful?

Comment

yeah the pandering went into overdrive tonite seriously

Comment

Well, he has saved her and gotten more pep talk's from her than anyone else on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                              At least in Lana's case, it was Imra the one who propped her up and told her she was one of the reasons why Clark would become the hero he would be.
                              I'm not exactly the biggest supporter of either Chlark or Clana... in fact I probably prefer Clana to Chlark, but I'd say that Chloe was a much more positive influence than Lana so if anyone is going to be his youthful influence, I'd go with Chloe.
                              Last edited by A Flawed Fashion; 02-25-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎