Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The French Mistake"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter
    Really great episode, but one thing.

Why did everyone keep saying "at least they are finally talking to each other"? Do Jared and Jensen not see each other outside of the show? If so, that is disheartening.

One of the best episodes of the series, but I prefer Changing Channels to this.
    No, they are best friends in real life. On IMDB it says that they are so close that Jared calls Jensens dad "Papa Ackles"

But since they kept saying they were finally talking in this episode made me think the actors had some sort of fight or something, since obviously most of the episode echoed real events in their lives. I really hope and dont think thats the case.

Comment

I thought it was fantastic. These actors are so talented.

What a wonderful concept for an episode. It wouldn't have been easy playing your character whilst also playing a not so real version of yourself. They all nailed it. I loved it and Smallville's 'Fortune' episode. I watched them back to back - a great way to start the day here down under.

Comment

they played that joke over and over to stress that Jared and Jensen are prima donnas in real life. Although they are best friends, Jensen was even the best man at Jared and Gen's wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
          No, they are best friends in real life. On IMDB it says that they are so close that Jared calls Jensens dad "Papa Ackles"

But since they kept saying they were finally talking in this episode made me think the actors had some sort of fight or something, since obviously most of the episode echoed real events in their lives. I really hope and dont think thats the case.
          I think because they are so close, they are mocking that.

Comment

The mistake had a solid story..I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
              No, they're really great friends in real life. I am not sure if I liked that they did that but I guess they did that just to twist things up, to show to the viewers that while this was an Alternative Real Universe it wasn't really the Real Universe.
              This is the reason why they kept stressing that "Jared" and "Jensen" have just finally started talking only because they are really close in real life. The episode was one big joke, I don't know why people would think Jared and Jensen actually never talk or aren't friends outside of Supernatural.

I mean, to joke and laugh about the little things like a broken chair during a conventation, you'd have to be friends with eachother, imo.

Comment

Hey guys!
                I´m new on the Supernatural Forum thou I´m an old visitor of Smallville Forum and Vampire Diaries Forum.
                I follow this show from the beggining and I always loved it! But I have to be honest... I expected more from this new season. Didnt enjoy much mixing God, angels, Devil, demons with witches, vampires (??!!!), fays, elfos, etc...
                Anyways, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED this episode !!!!
                First we´re back on track of the whole sky/hell´s war
                Second (and the best reason for me) awesome idea of the parallel universe using their real names.... kkkkkkkk LOL
                Third - I almost gor myself killed of laughing coz of the shooting scenes...
                hahahaha Dean telling tips to Sam to look anywhere but the cameras; Sam not knowing where to put his ams; wow I choke, and cried laughing.
                I´m still laughing...
                Last edited by rej@ne; 02-27-2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
                  Hey guys!
                  I´m new on the Supernatural Forum thou I´m an old visitor of Smallville Forum and Vampire Diaries Forum.
                  I follow this show from the beggining and I always loved it! But I have to be honest... I expected more from this new season. Didnt enjoy much mixing God, angels, Devil, demons with witches, vampires (??!!!), fays, elfos, etc...
                  Anyways, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED this episode !!!!
                  First we´re back on track of the whole sky/hell´s war
                  Second (and the best reason for me) awesome idea of the parallel universe using their real names.... kkkkkkkk LOL
                  Third - I almost gor myself killed of laughing coz of the shooting scenes...
                  hahahaha Dean telling tips to Sam to look anywhere but the cameras; Sam not knowing where to put his ams; wow I choke, and cried laughing.
                  I´m still laughing...
                  Welcome to the SN forum! You should join us every week!

I laughted so hard I cried too! I saved this one on my DVR to watch again. I want to pick up on some of the references I missed the first time around.

Comment

Thought it was really great. I loved the "bad acting" scene. Everything about it was hilarious. Jared's overdramatic arm gesturing, Jensen hitting his mark, Jensen trying to use "Castiels angel voice," Misha mouthing "What the hell." Just brilliant stuff.

I really liked it. They managed to make it quite funny, they took shots at each other, at Hollywood stereotypes (the jokes about the lead stars not talking to eachother, being very diva-ish, etc) and they managed to do it while keeping with the story.

Definitely happy to see bad ass Castiel back, as well. Would have liked some Bobby though.

Oh, and I loved that next to Jared wedding pic, they had a pic of the Alpaca. That cracked me up.

Comment

Hilarious. The concept seemed groan-worthy, but it absolutely cracked me up. And I needed it, after the singularly unfunny episode of Smallville.

I loved the bit where Dean pays off the homeless eyewitness with Canadian money...

Comment

I gave it an 8. I really liked the concept and a lot of the elements in the episode were hilarious like Misha tweeting and Jensen's soap opera video. Everything in the episode was going really well until the end. I feel like they really rushed the ending and I'm not sure what the point of killing off Misha was. I was thinking that if something happened to Misha, something would happen to Cas, but nothing happened. Even though there were some great funny bits, I think the episode would've worked better if they had spent more time on the story since it was rushed in the end.

Comment

I never comment about Supernatural b/c I am always behind on it and it seems lame to say something way after the fact but this one was too good to not say anything. I have to admit I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering. I love seeing Jared and Jensen being all goofy and making fun of themselves...and I loved the Kripke death scene! One of my top ten faves for Supernatural!!

Comment

I do wish they had went to the Smallville set while they were in the AU.

Comment

Whilst this was a LEGEND episode and appreciated Sera Gamble's decision to remain a faceles exec; Where was Alt-Jim Beaver and Alt-Ben Edlund??

Wouldn't it of been hilarious to see that Beaver's actually pretty much the same guy as Bobby in the episode? And Edlund as a perfectionist Prima-Donna who's always getting in the way of shooting etc? It's not like Edlund to miss a golden opportunity like that!

These are just niggles that really stop me from giving it a 10; so I rate this a 9.1 I'm afraid

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

P.S. It's great to see Smallville and Supernatural offer the best episode of the current season so far on the same night!!

Fortune and The French Mistake were easily the best of S10/S6 respectively!
                              Last edited by Superbruv; 03-12-2011, 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

THAT WAS SOOO COOL <3 I LOVED IT. THESE WRITERS ARE GENIUSES. JARED AND JENSEN AND MISHA WERE AMAZING! i love the soap operas and the alpacas and the tweeting. PERFECT IN EACH AND EVERY WAY. <3

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎