No announcement yet.

Rating's For Last Night's Episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beastmaster
    Forgive my ignorance but when do networks usually make decisions to cancel or renew shows?
    No ignorance, Beastmaster. It depends on networks and shows, really, so no real set answer.

Steve Pearlman said it would probably be May, which is both good and bad for us. The new shows could tank and make V look better, but then it's bad because we have to wait.

But, some shows on different networks have already been renewed like, today, FOX just announced they renewed American Dad. 30 Rock was renewed by NBC a while ago.

Just depends.

I'm expecting May to hear about V.

Comment

Some of the commenters at TVBTN seem to think that of all of the new(ish) shows on ABC, V has the most chance of coming back. It is the only one that is stable right now and it is hanging in at around 1.9, not good but not bad either.

If V gets up to a 2.0 we can all breathe a little easier.

Also it is good that V does improve considerably from it's lead in.

Comment

I didn't know how bad this night could be until I saw the final numbers
        for 'Birth Pangs'. My pool buddy's satellite dish went out which means I'm
        not going to be able to record it either. I'll have to wait forever for the
        box set to be released because ABC doesn't play repeats of V...ever!!!
        They treat this show so poorly...

Comment

@ Glove...I agree they should show repeats late at night or on a Saturday or SOMETHING...what makes it even more of a pain in the a$$ is that the official V website at ABC doesn't have the shows up either >:/. Some people like to go back and watch their fav. episodes...ABC better keep V!! To hell with the "karaoke idol" as some one called it...lmao!...and all of th eother sorry shows V is awesome...we should start something to let ABC know we want a 3rd season...after all...its the fans (us) that got the 2nd season!

Comment

poo on that review

i hope that they choose to move the show to a different network if abc pulls the cord. this is one of the single best programs on television. if it gets canceled it's just one more indication of how shyte and mindnumbingly idiotic americans have become with their incessant need for the trite programming garbage that seems to get renewed season after season (with a FEW exceptions).

Comment

I really stopped watching TV for years because most programming was
              just terrible. The shows that I was interested in were cancelled. Being
              that this is Smallvilles last year and if V can't survive into a Third Season...
              ...I will probably go back to only going to the theatres again. I doubt that
              they will give V a decent ending...they'll just throw it aside like a used
              condom. The only positive thing that I was looking at...'Heretic's Fork'
              was the fourth to the last episode of Season One and it sank to all time
              lows in ratings before a nice climb and renewal. 'Birth Pangs' is the
              fourth to the last episode of this season...let's hope that history repeats
              itself?

Comment

Final Tuesday numbers:

No Ordinary Family
                - 4.769 million viewers
                - 2.9/5 HH
                - 1.4/4 A18-49

V
                - 5.143 million viewers
                - 3.0/5 HH
                - 1.9/5 A18-49

Primetime: What Would You Do?
                - 4.143 million viewers
                - 2.6/4 HH
                - 1.4/4 A18-49

The HH rating dropped from the initial numbers, but the important demo stayed put. We'll see what happens next week, against a half hour of Idol.

Comment

DVR Numbers...

"V" added another 0.6 to its initial 18-49 demo, giving it a 2.5 overall. Ranked below top 25 in overall viewership, though, looking at past weeks, it probably gained around 1.5 million in that department.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎