Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.16 "No Ordinary Proposal"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good. They seemed to be dropping hints that the teacher was the serum thief (salary remark, the stare at JJ, etc), had me going there for a while. Funny seeing Anthony M. Hall in a white trash role, I wonder if he foresaw this future back when he was still calling himself Johnny Smith. heh I thought they overdid the jerk aspect to his character though, would have been more logical for him to be a bit happier after regaining his ability to walk you'd think (he was just as angry and bitter as he was when he was disabled). Anyway, guess the lesson is trash in, trash out. Or, you can take the man out of the trash, but you can't take the trash out of the man. Or, no matter how hard you try to clean it up, trash is still trash. Or oh forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      Pretty good. They seemed to be dropping hints that the teacher was the serum thief (salary remark, the stare at JJ, etc), had me going there for a while. Funny seeing Anthony M. Hall in a white trash role, I wonder if he foresaw this future back when he was still calling himself Johnny Smith. heh I thought they overdid the jerk aspect to his character though, would have been more logical for him to be a bit happier after regaining his ability to walk you'd think (he was just as angry and bitter as he was when he was disabled). Anyway, guess the lesson is trash in, trash out. Or, you can take the man out of the trash, but you can't take the trash out of the man. Or, no matter how hard you try to clean it up, trash is still trash. Or oh forget it.
      I get what you're saying. The father wad definitely one of the low points of the episode to me. It was as though the writers didn't quite know what to do with him. They wanted to make him a tough, in-your-face kind of guy, a disillusioned man of sorts, and yet someone who does what he does to help his family. I didn't buy it. I don't think he had a care in the world and only did what he did because he could.

He should have been either more grateful to his son, or more, dare I say, more abusive and bitter. Because what they did just didn't work. It was just annoying... and by the way, where is Chris staying now? It seems like his mother is out of the picture, and I'm pretty sure his dad is in jail. Poor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
        It was as though the writers didn't quite know what to do with him. They wanted to make him a tough, in-your-face kind of guy, a disillusioned man of sorts, and yet someone who does what he does to help his family. I didn't buy it. I don't think he had a care in the world and only did what he did because he could.
        They sort of did an "Eric" number with his character eh (Smallville/Leech). When Eric got powers he abused them (and his family). That said, Eric getting back at his abusive dad made sense. Johnny Smith throwing his son around here on the other hand was uncalled for and unnecessary--there was no reason to hurt him, especially given he never really provoked him all that much or represented any real threat. They were really overplaying the jerk card. That said, there was a line from Jim in the episode that the serum can alter behavior -- which could be used to account for how overly angry Angry Man was. So, I guess the show might have actually covered itself. Meaning the only person we should really be angry at here is ourselves for not paying proper attention. j/k

by the way, where is Chris staying now? It seems like his mother is out of the picture, and I'm pretty sure his dad is in jail. Poor thing.
        "No Ordinary Foster Family" here we come. Actually I just rewatched a scene toward the end, he's apparently going to go live with his mom and brother.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 02-27-2011, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎