Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.8 "The Lich, Part 2"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've beena staunch defender and supporter of The Cape, but this 2-parter? Ugh.

I hated that the Cape was on the roof and his wife wouldn't figure out who he is. And Orwell being Fleming's daughter was broadcasted so much that it felt like we knew it all along (and if we saw the Comic-Con pilot - we did).

I know this show can be more, and at times has been pretty good, actually. But I didn't care for this 2-parter much at all.

Comment

He's on Owl Island. I posted that Orwell update about it in the spoiler forum.

Comment

I was one who had high hopes for "The Cape". The previews looked promising; and the beginning seemed a little unique. At the core, though, I wonder if this program is trying to be something it isn't. Instead of trying to be its own show. The Lich storyline seemed a lot like the Dark Knight--especially with the interrogation scene.
        Some good things have come out of this, however: I like this character for Summer Glau. We're usually seeing her these touch girl roles, either she's some kind of alien or robot. And I was thinking, tonight, that she'd make a great Lois Lane in the reboot of Superman. I like The Cape as a character, even if I wished he did more with the cape. I wished they'd show the Carnival of Crime train him more.
        But on top of it all, I hope they're able to salvage this show. If they aren't and it's set to be canceled, then it was neat while it lasted. A lot of what will kill this show, will be the same thing that killed HEROES: they give up too much at once.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeEl
          either she's some kind of alien or robot
          She acts like one regardless, it was kind of ironic that when she was drugged and unable to move, it was like she was in her element.

Comment

I didn't like it The whole Orwel/the Lich thing was sooo creepy...
            The only thing I liked about this ep is that Vince and his wife worked together. But the rest of the ep (and the Lich part 1) was almost painfull to watch. That's a shame because the season was pretty good so far!

Comment

I thought the two-parter was great. Im surprised to see so many dislikes from the comments. Sure the plot had holes but I think it was still great.

Too bad the show's over when it just got so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beyonder
                I thought it was a decent enough episode, the show is improving just as it's about to be canned, but now Vinces wife has joined the queue of characters that don't recognise his voice as The Cape. Maybe if he used a voice modulator like the one Green Arrow uses, it may be believable, but come on. There's obviously a growing attraction between Vince and Orwell, but with only two more episodes I don't think we will see where that goes anytime soon. Shame, the show is beginning to gain some speed now just as it's at the finish line.

Dude a TOTALY agree with you XD VinCe+Orwell, it would b the first time that i would pray for the lawyer get married with Dana..

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎