Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryan Q. Miller the most talented Smallville writer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOD NOTE: Please keep on topic. Fan-on-fan talk of any kind is against forum rules. If you find someone violating the rules in any manner, please report it and do not respond. The thread is mostly about discussing whether Bryan Q. Miller is the most talented writer. When discussing other writers, please try to discuss it within this framework. Please do not simply discuss your favorite episodes or least favorite episodes. This a thread about writers, not about episodes in themselves
    Last edited by Vergon6; 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

It'd be so nice to think that BQM might pop on this thread, and see that 42 out of 111 voters think he is the BEST writer on Smallville

I know that on a general poll, perhaps outside of this forum, he wouldn't get a look in. He's not done enough memorable episodes, he's not been around in Smallville long enough, and he's not a well known name.

But on this forum, where there are such an abundant amount of criticisms of Smallville for a site dedicated to it's 'fans' , it is much more of a compliment when we agree something is good.

Comment

B.Q.Miller is the best thing to happen to Smallville since Al/Miles left and Tom signed on after season 8! Before that it was Erica's arrival in season 4.

I posted in the open letter thread to TPTB after the Doomsday Disaster (in a way I'm admittedly not so proud of) that they should just let Miller tell them how to write the show. Now, every script for seasons 9 and 10 has gone through Miller for editing, not due to my opinion alone. He's just the right guy for the job.

He was spot on from his first episode and imo hasn't missed more than half a step or so. A darn fine record for television writing. Not to mention writing for Clark Kent on this show. He gets the character(s) better than most, in a million tiny, intangible, yet profound ways that are hard to put your finger on. He's somehow able to pull all the "loose ends" together and have it all make sense. He's like a conductor. He's able to bring all those instruments filling the room with random noise together and somehow bring them into harmony to make real music. Add the fact that Tom seems to take Miller's scrips and just run or fly with them. I'd take a Miller/Welling Superman movie any day over the Nolan/Schneider/What's His Name Again!?

"Committed" is one of those epis I can watch a million times and never get tired of it. Not one wasted moment in the script. "Guess the Olson's not so wholesome" I mean it's fantastic! It was the first pro-active Clark we had seen in a looooooooooong time.

I honestly don't understand why so many fans don't like"Bulletproof". Clark's influence over Danny Turpin, just by being Clark, was wonderful! The big (proud for all the RIGHT reasons) heroic grin at the end when Danny says, "I'm one of the good guys!" was a rare and much needed moment on this show.

"Hex" just flat out fun fun fun! Fun for me to watch and obviously fun for the cast to perform. Magic, FINALLY! I mean it was only introduced in season 4 as a legitimite part of the Smallverse and completely ignored until, who.....B.Q.Miller.

I could go on and on and on about each episode he has written. Some are better than others but none of them are episodes I won't watch a million times over.

As a couple of others have alluded to, Miller has his own obvious style. I had no idea he wrote Masquerade until after I saw it. My reaction was ''Oh! Of course B.Q.Miller wrote this one!"

Only he could give us the hoodie some of us hard core fanboys have wanted since season 6, Clark FINALLY explaining (ON SCREEN) his dual identiy and putting on the glasses, Chloe having a few (much needed and long over due) revelations about herself, proactive Clark, dark dramatic drama mixed with fun witty Clois banter, Clark (officially going global) with his face on a live internet feed, Chlolie relationship drama right in the middle of a who's who situation with the FBI, and about a dozen other little tidbits all while maintaining a nice focus on the Big Baddie of the season, Darkseid. I mean who else on this staff could even come close to pulling half of it off in one episode without it being a total logistical and editorial nightmare? Not to mention we the fans would have to sit through it.

B.Q.Miller, imo, has been an invaluable part of the Smallville team since the day he showed up at the white board. A breath of fresh air is about as perfect a way to put it as any I can think of. And he brought that fresh air in at a time when no one, and I mean, NO ONE was positive Smallville would survive. Well it did. I believe, in large part, because of Miller.

Last edited by cksidekick; 02-25-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Great post Agree with every word!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎