No announcement yet.

Question about Sam...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Sam...

I wonder, will he only periodically feel the effects of Hell? This time felt like one week...next time will feel like two?
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-18-2011, 09:24 PM.

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
    I wonder, will he only periodically feel the effects of Hell? This time felt like one week...next time will feel like two?
    To be honest with you, I don't think they cracked the wall. I think that they were kicking at it and those were pretty mild results really. Think what would happened if they actually cracked or if it fell. That would be the end of Sam. I do wonder what happens when Sam dies. I mean, at that point, you're just a soul floating around so will he just be in eternal pain or will his soul heal somewhat like a wound. If it does heal, maybe the wall will last long enough to at least repair itself somewhat.

Comment

That sounds plausible, and it will probably get worse and worse each time.

How can his soul possibly be fixed? Well, in keeping with the Mother theme for this season, I'm thinking that maybe only one's Mother can fix one's soul, so the search for Mary will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by oldfan

How can his soul possibly be fixed? Well, in keeping with the Mother theme for this season, I'm thinking that maybe only one's Mother can fix one's soul, so the search for Mary will continue.
        Not a bad idea.... one thing's for sure, the wall will continue to be kicked. That's just the Winchester way!

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          Not sure this directly correlates to your question/comment, but here's some food for thought (provided by Monicawoe [via LJ]) on the '2-3 minutes felt like a week' to Sam in Show;

http://monicawoe.livejournal.com/24710.html

Not saying I agree with the huge amounts those numbers provide, but if one unexpected 2.5 minute 'scratch in the wall' felt that long to Sam - either literal or metaphorically - then we can only guess what will happen when 'bigger cracks in the wall' happen; let alone the wall falls completely.

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
            To be honest with you, I don't think they cracked the wall. I think that they were kicking at it and those were pretty mild results really. Think what would happened if they actually cracked or if it fell. That would be the end of Sam. I do wonder what happens when Sam dies. I mean, at that point, you're just a soul floating around so will he just be in eternal pain or will his soul heal somewhat like a wound. If it does heal, maybe the wall will last long enough to at least repair itself somewhat.
            Oh, I don't think the wall's been fully broken either, or even cracked, just because he was only down for like two minutes, but I do think if he ever does scratch again, he'll be out longer than just two minutes next time and it will just get worse and worse until there is an actual crack within the Great Wall of Sam.

Originally posted by oldfan

I love that "mother can fix a soul" idea and would bring Mary back into the storyline since it played a part of Crowley bringing Samuel back. Maybe, just maybe we will be able to see her this season or next, and hopefully as Samantha Smith. Although I'm a fan of the young Mary, we need to see SS return and not in a dream or vision.

Originally posted by SVfan26
            Not sure this directly correlates to your question/comment, but here's some food for thought (provided by Monicawoe [via LJ]) on the '2-3 minutes felt like a week' to Sam in Show;

http://monicawoe.livejournal.com/24710.html

Not saying I agree with the huge amounts those numbers provide, but if one unexpected 2.5 minute 'scratch in the wall' felt that long to Sam - either literal or metaphorically - then we can only guess what will happen when 'bigger cracks in the wall' happen; let alone the wall falls completely.
            See, I was actually mentioning how long would the next time be when Sam "blacks out" or what not, but this does bring up an excellent point of how long Sam's soul was in Hell. They did mention beforehand that Lucifer's cage is akin to Dante's Inferno where the cage is within the ninth circle, so it of course makes sense that time in the ninth circle is uber-long than any other time within the other circles, and most likely, Dean and John were maybe in Limbo or somewhere within the first two or three circles, and so Sam's time in the cage was about 32,33,34 times longer than 18 months in other parts of Hell.

And, going by that, Sam, the body, was in Hell for about a day(give or take), so it was like 134 months/11 years, and Sam's soul, however, wow...6,048 years inside the cage.

I sure do hope we see what happens if the wall is ever cracked or broken...imagine what kind of demon Sam could become as Lucifer and Michael's first even! I had always wanted Adam to become the first demon of Lucifer and Michael, but if they're done with Adam, then seeing Sam as a demon would be nice, although, I don't want them to go back to the Apocalypse storyline and have like Sam be the only seal to open up the cage again. Just having him be a powerful demon that Dean would have to either fix or kill is fine by me.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎