Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you buy that people wont be able to tell the difference between Clark and Sup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by denizenzero

If your sticking point is that people once saw him without glasses -- because if they'd only ever seen him with glasses, there would've been no way to tell he was Superman -- then there's really no amount of writing that can help you.
      Magic tinted Superman suit!

Comment

Want to hear something funny about the disguise?

I have all six seasons of the original "Adventures of Superman" starring George Reeves on DVD. There is an episode in Season 2 titled "Panic in the Sky" in which Superman gets amnesia after slamming into an asteroid at full speed. Anyway, there is a scene where the amnesiac Superman is in his bed and Perry, Jimmy, and Lois come into his room and see him without his glasses on and yet they still couldn't make the connection that Clark Kent and Superman are the same guy, lol.

But seriously, I know people say it isn't a good disguise but if he changes his posture and styles his hair differently and carries himself differently then there is enough of a difference to where people would believe there is a passing similarity and nothing more, but that's jmo

Comment

Hey it's worked for 70 years give or take. Better late than never at all.

Comment

If you look at the whole premise of glasses as a disguise by itself it is pretty flimsy. Even when I read Superman comics I would think, "do people really think that is not CK". It is all part of what makes Superman, Superman. In season 7 in the epi "Action", Lana shows Clark the newspaper article about him saving the hollywood actress and she states, "that after reading all these articles through the years you would think I would have figured it out." Clark says something very telling, he says, "I guess people only see what they think is possible." So, he does have to start to project a different image to the DP and the public. I don't think it would be that hard. People are easy to fool, most of the time.Lol

Comment

no... but this is smallville.. apparently, Oliver wearing contacts is a disguise also.

Comment

Of course in the real world this makes no sense, especially as a glasses wearer myself. But though they should have had him wear glasses and act slightly awkward (not bumbling, please) earlier on, I'm just glad they finally got to it now.

Comment

sure its very unrealistic the approach in clark doing it now. But i still wished they kept him doing glasses when he was blinded in season 3. really missed prime time there. But really the whole glasses/no glasses thing is one of the flimsyist identity things in comic history. But some things you just cant think to hard about it. cause it will just piss you off more. another thing they could have done is have zatanna hex a couple pairs of glasses for clark which when he is at work and all that regular folks not in the known dont give to glaces at clark/superman and all that(sorta like the psyhic blindspot thing spider-man comics have presently). but its still nice to get glasses stuff in now.

Comment

His explanation made sense! No one wants to believe the guy who works at the paper is Superman. Why would Superman have a job as a Journalist? No one is looking for Superman at the DP!

Comment

I sometimes don't recognize people when they have sunglasses on.

Anyway, I've never thought the traditional glasses disguise is as far-fetched as many people make it. If someone wears glasses that are extremely prominent and never take them off, it might be kind of hard to recognize them at first without them. Add the fact that there are two distinct personalities, one being an alien superhero, and most people probably aren't going to think seriously about it to put two and two together.

The situation's a little different on Smallville, since so many people have already seen glasses-less Clark, but I think it's still essentially the same concept. People will get used to Clark with glasses and his mild-mannered personality and won't really think seriously that such a guy could be Superman...when he finally goes public.

Comment

nope

Comment

I really think the writers did this because they didn't want to lose the female viewers if if they had a nerdy/goofball Clark for most of the time.
                          So they waited until the final few episodes for him to wear them.
                          And yes I find it stupid that Clark went from stud for years to goofball w/glasses in one day.
                          When people at the DP start to notice goofy Clark,won't they just tell him to take off the glasses because he is running into everyone since putting them on?

Comment

Originally posted by denizenzero
                            i will accept that the world won't be able to tell clark and superman apart, because that's part of the character. It's just as easy to believe that glasses separate an identity as it is to believe that an alien from another planet gains superpowers because of a shift in the solar radiation color spectrum.

QFT !!!!

Look... I get some people think it's lame. But people who thought the glasses are a lame disguise thought that LOOOOOONG before Smallville ever existed.

I do not place any responisibility on Smallville to change this long standing tradition of what is a part of the Superman character.

Loved every bit of how they handled the glasses tonight.

Comment

If he had figured out the dual identity about 1-2 seasons ago than it would have been a better progression. I sort of feel that now that there's only a hand full of episodes they're rushing a very important aspect of Clark/Superman (ironic since they've pretty much stalled his transformation all these seasons).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                                Want to hear something funny about the disguise?

I have all six seasons of the original "Adventures of Superman" starring George Reeves on DVD. There is an episode in Season 2 titled "Panic in the Sky" in which Superman gets amnesia after slamming into an asteroid at full speed. Anyway, there is a scene where the amnesiac Superman is in his bed and Perry, Jimmy, and Lois come into his room and see him without his glasses on and yet they still couldn't make the connection that Clark Kent and Superman are the same guy, lol.

But seriously, I know people say it isn't a good disguise but if he changes his posture and styles his hair differently and carries himself differently then there is enough of a difference to where people would believe there is a passing similarity and nothing more, but that's jmo
                                As much as I don't like SV Clark being bumbling, it is the whole package that Clark uses as a disquise. Glasses, hair, clothing, demeaner, actions. I just hope they don't go overboard with the bumbling part.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎