Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you buy that people wont be able to tell the difference between Clark and Sup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you buy that people wont be able to tell the difference between Clark and Sup

Do you buy that people wont be able to tell the difference between Clark and Superman?

Crappy writing and development that I ever seen. I am so disappointed. It would have made more sense if the glasses was magic tinted or something. This is the only thing about this episode that was god awful!

They had 10 years to come up with something and this is what they came up with! Seriously? SMH!

I will accept that the world won't be able to tell Clark and Superman apart, because that's part of the character. It's just as easy to believe that glasses separate an identity as it is to believe that an alien from another planet gains superpowers because of a shift in the solar radiation color spectrum.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Hell no. But what else were they suppose to do? After everyone's pretty much seen the Clark we all know. :/

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
          Do you buy that people wont be able to tell the difference between Clark and Superman?

Crappy writing and development that I ever seen. I am so disappointed. It would have made more sense if the glasses was magic tinted or something. This is the only thing about this episode that was god awful!

They had 10 years to come up with something and this is what they came up with! Seriously? SMH!
          This is the absolutely weakest part of this and every other Superman story ever told. I can't blame this one on the Smallville writers. Superman canon has them painted into a corner on this one.

Comment

The glasses are part of the charm of the Superman story and character. Everyone skips this over. They completely accept a flying alien that shoots lasers from his eyes, but scoff at the glasses. Because I guess that's where people draw the line for reality in comic books.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara
              This is the absolutely weakest part of this and every other Superman story ever told. I can't blame this one on the Smallville writers. Superman canon has them painted into a corner on this one.
              I just wished that they did something different for crying out loud! At least in the comics he came to the dp with glasses but SV Clark did not. This awful writing!

Why couldn't they listen to the fans and use some magic whammy on those things?

Comment

not after they had the photographer geek out over him. I don't care how convincing his act is to the new people he meets, that photographer obviously knew enough of the 'real Clark Kent' to put the pieces together in the one and only time we've ever seen him. I don't think he'll be fooled by slapping some glasses on Clark's face and then seeing the face he already guessed was the Blur's after Clark single-handedly lifted him out of a manhole (or whatever he fell into). But I still like the idea that Clark can hide in plain sight. I like that if he changes his posture (which I didn't feel like he did with Jeff at the end) and just all around acts differently then people won't think about it. I want more of this to see it build.

Comment

Originally posted by denizenzero
                  The glasses are part of the charm of the Superman story and character. Everyone skips this over. They completely accept a flying alien that shoots lasers from his eyes, but scoff at the glasses. Because I guess that's where people draw the line for reality in comic books.
                  I get that. However. in the comics Clark went to the dp in glasses. In fact the started to wear them senior year of hs or something. I read this in the wiki.

Comment

Nope. He's done much too much without the glasses & too many people know him without them.

But you know what---I don't care. I just wanted him wearing the damn things since Apocalypse. It should have happened by Identity. This felt like Identity Part 2 in many ways, but nowhere near as good.

Comment

I always thought it would work if the glasses were made of Fortress crystals that cause a type of visual misdirection when looked at so no one actually sees all the details of his face while Clark as Superman allows himself to be seen but moves to fast to be seen on camera and photos so people see him but no footage exists.

Comment

Not really. I had hoped for more given that SO MANY people already know Clark as a bit of an average Joe hero and not a nerd. They aren't going to forget that. Nerd Clark is going to seem weird to them. He's the strong, silent, slightly stoic type and not a nerd.

I'll live with it, but it wasn't handled the best way possible. Glasses are a flimsy disguise, but they could have at least started the two personas when he came to the DP so that it was more passable.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                          I get that. However. in the comics Clark went to the dp in glasses. In fact the started to wear them senior year of hs or something. I read this in the wiki.
                          But they're just glasses. Of course who couldn't tell? It doesn't really matter when he starts wearing them. They're only glasses; they don't hide anything.

Part of the Superman story is that with the glasses, along with wearing clothes that are just slightly too big, and raising his voice just a touch, people can't tell that they're the same person.

If your sticking point is that people once saw him without glasses -- because if they'd only ever seen him with glasses, there would've been no way to tell he was Superman -- then there's really no amount of writing that can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
                            I always thought it would work if the glasses were made of Fortress crystals that cause a type of visual misdirection when looked at so no one actually sees all the details of his face while Clark as Superman allows himself to be seen but moves to fast to be seen on camera and photos so people see him but no footage exists.
                            Even that would have worked. What kind of writers they got writing this show? The fans seems to know WAY more than them!

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                              Not really. I had hoped for more given that SO MANY people already know Clark as a bit of an average Joe hero and not a nerd. They aren't going to forget that. Nerd Clark is going to seem weird to them. He's the strong, silent, slightly stoic type and not a nerd.

I'll live with it, but it wasn't handled the best way possible. Glasses are a flimsy disguise, but they could have at least started the two personas when he came to the DP so that it was more passable.
                              You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎