Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Clark Kent is the disguise and he's always been the Blur...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amidaladaae
    To be honest, I think there are three identities:

Clark, the invisible and clumsy mild-mannered reporter.

Superman, the god-like figure the world sees him as.

Who he really is. Not an amalgamation of them both but the sides that no one but his friends and family see. He's super, yes, but he has his own personality as well.
    Right. The bolded part is what we have been seeing mostly throughout the show.

Comment

Sorry I don't agree with that from Kill Bill. He IS Clark Kent and IMO to say otherwise is an insult to Martha & Jonathan. He's always thought of himself as Clark, not the blur.

Clark Kent is NOT just a word

The point is, yeah he's paying respect to his parents by being the man that they raised.
      Saying Clark Kent is just a word is paying respect to his parents? Poor Martha & Jonathan

Comment

is the glasses gonna stick this time? I didn't see him wearing it from the promo for next week.

Comment

i hate it so much.

Comment

I hate the idea of Clark being the disguise. He grew up his entire life as Clark. Clark is who he is. Yes, Clark can do all kinds of super stuff, but he's still Clark. Also, if the real him is the Blur, why is he going to change his name to Superman so easily?? I don't see him going out changing his Clark Kent name to something, because that's an identity that he's more connected to.

I just go back to the line from LnC that was something like "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do." That's the way I prefer it and why I'm not a huge fan of the Superman movies.

Comment

This reminds me of a scene from Kill Bill vol 2 where they talked about the exact same thing. The way I see it the Clak Kent reporter identity is a mask, same as the Blur. Both are extentions of who he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
                is the glasses gonna stick this time? I didn't see him wearing it from the promo for next week.

Comment

in the comic it goes like: Clark Kent is who i am and Superman i was i do.

actually there's two Clark Kents:
                  - one is the real one, the one we've known for these last ten years in SV.
                  - the other is the disguise - the Clark Kent persona - the bambling and nerdy reporter, kind of goofy, who wears thick glasses and everyone who knows him have no idea how he managed to make someone as feisty as Lois Lane fall in love with hehehe
                  But someone here quoted Kill Bill and that, in my opinion, is the perfect definition of what/who is Superman

Comment

Well then they need to say that and quit saying Clark is just a word it's insulting.

Comment

its the only way that they could make it work. He is clark kent as the blur/Superman. I dont hate this its not ideal what he said but I get what he meant. They are merging clark kent and the blur and he is creating a disguise with the name clark kent

Comment

Oh this is bad. I am so disappointed. Both Clark Kent & his Blur side are parts of who he is. Gee, Joe-El must be very happy that he has been Kal-El all along. *rolls eyes*
                        Last edited by Faby; 02-18-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

^ Exactly! Both are part of him, but he's always been Clark Kent, he hasn't always been the blur.

"Superman is what I can DO, Clark is who I AM"-Lois & Clark

Comment

Originally posted by Faby
                            Oh this is bad. I am so disappointed. Both Clark Kent & his Blur side are parts of what he is. Gee, Joe-El must be very happy that he has been Kal-El all along. *rolls eyes*
                            thats not what he meant. He meant what he does is who he is . In the movies he does the same he hides behind the bumbling nerd so ok he didnt quite say it right but its pretty much the same as teh movies
                            he always saved people froma young age so he has always been the blur even though not called it

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                              ^ Exactly! Both are part of him, but he's always been Clark Kent, he hasn't always been the blur.

"Superman is what I can DO, Clark is who I AM"-Lois & Clark
                              I'm starting to get sick of that quote (not you personaly, just the quote). Last time I checked this was Smallville, not The New Adventures of Lois and Clark.

Comment

I've always hated the idea of making either one of Clark's identities just a disguise: Clark Kent and Superman. So while I don't like idea of Clark being a disguise, I also have never fully liked the "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I do" thing from LnC either.

SV was, honestly, the prefect chance to go the in-between route - to show that both sides of Clark are both real sides of him, that he had to split apart - showing each one separately to the world; but both very real parts of who he is. Just reducing one or the other to nothing but a disguise or "what he can do" is the simplistic answer to the identity question IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎