No announcement yet.

Last Night's Episode Ratings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

~1.8

If we get back to 2.0, I think we're shoe-in. 2.0 through the season woulda been nicer, but this way it looks like we are gaining an audience :P
    Last edited by Caesis; 02-16-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      Actually, I think the ratings for last night is a positive thing.

At the 9:00 half hour, V was at 1.8 and 5.278 viewers.
      At the 9:30 half hour, V grew to a 1.9 and 5.498 viewers.

While NOF and Detroit dropped in their second half hours, V grew in both the viewers and demo. The 2nd half hour of "Siege" was freaking fantastic and had one of the most fist-pumping endings I've ever seen on TV, so I'm not surprised it went up. Glad to see it.
      Thanks for that perspective. The way the article was worded "Yesterday Losers" made me worry. But with what everyone has said about the ratings, I feeling more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        Thanks for that perspective. The way the article was worded "Yesterday Losers" made me worry. But with what everyone has said about the ratings, I feeling more positive.
        Pretty much anyone show that isn't an NCIS or Biggest Loser franchise or Glee is a "loser" on Tuesdays

Originally posted by Caesis
        If we get back to 2.0, I think we're shoe-in. 2.0 through the season woulda been nicer, but this way it looks like we are gaining an audience :P
        I would definitely feel better if we got back to a 2.0, but things are looking up. Hope we can keep it going.

Comment

Hoping for a 2.0 or a bit more too!

Comment

ABC Spins Better Than Any Network...

here is the press release info for last night, as posted on TVBytheNumbers. Where are the female sci-fi fans?

ABC‘s “V” Delivers its 2nd Week of Gains in Adults 18-49,
            Standing as the Only Program on the Major Nets to Build Week to Week

“V” Equals Season-Highs in Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34

Up Over the Year-Ago Night for the Net at 10pm, ABC’s “Detroit 1-8-7
            Continues to Draw a Larger Overall Audience Than NBC’s “Parenthood

“V” (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

Building on its Total Viewer and young adult lead-in for the 3rd week running, ABC’s “V” posted its 2nd consecutive week of gains in Adults 18-49 (1.9/5 vs. 1.8/5), Men 18-49 (2.0/6 vs. 1.9/5) and Men 25-54 (2.5/6 vs. 2.4/6).In fact, “V” stood as the only program on the major nets to build week to week in the key young adult demo.
            • In the 9 o’clock hour, “V” beat out Fox’s “Glee”-led comedies (“Raising Hope”/”Traffic Light”) by 33% in Men 18-49 (2.0/6 vs. 1.5/4) and by a resounding 56% in Men 25-54 (2.5/6 vs. 1.6/4).

• From its first half-hour to its second half-hour, “V” gained 4% in viewers (5.3 million to 5.5 million) and 6% in Adults 18-49 (1.8/5 to 1.9/5). In fact, from 9:30-10:00 p.m., “V” outdelivered the 2nd week of Fox’s “Traffic Light” by a strong 27% in the young adult demo (1.5/4).

• Opposite stiff time period competition from CBS’ original “NCIS: Los Angeles” and the second hour of NBC’s 2-hour “The Biggest Loser: Couples,” “V” equaled season-highs in Adults 18-34 (1.3/4) and Women 18-34 (1.3/4).

Comment

Impressive, V will be back, Iam almost certain ☺ Keep watching everyone, wow the Siege episode was sooooo good. And Erica is now the Fifth Column world leader, things are going to get interesting ☺

Comment

This show has a bullseye on regardless of the ratings being consistent. I can feel it and it'll be sad when ABC cancels it and we all know its going to get canceled. It feels like sci-fi shows don't stand a chance anymore on T.V.

Comment

Final Numbers...

- 5.430 million viewers
                  - 3.3/5 HH
                  - 1.9/5 A18-49

These were the final numbers for ABC's other two series:

No Ordinary Family
                  - 5.033 million viewers
                  - 3.0/5 HH
                  - 1.5/4 A18-49

Detroit 187
                  - 5.199 million viewers
                  - 3.4/6 HH
                  - 1.2/3 A18-49

Comment

Well, we got a better shot than Detroit or Family.

If we stay around ~1.9 while the others continue to fail, I say we got this

Then again, they could pull a tscc/Dollhouse. Cancel the show with the higher ratings and assume the ratings will spike 300% next season for dollhouse even though they slipped all season ...

Comment

I hope we don't have to pull a Jericho here people.

Comment

The ratings are remaining steady.
                        Everyone that I know that saw 'Siege' has said it was a good episode-no complaints.
                        Keep pushing the show.
                        I'd like to see more Marc Singer in Season Three.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                          - 5.430 million viewers
                          - 3.3/5 HH
                          - 1.9/5 A18-49

These were the final numbers for ABC's other two series:

No Ordinary Family
                          - 5.033 million viewers
                          - 3.0/5 HH
                          - 1.5/4 A18-49

Detroit 187
                          - 5.199 million viewers
                          - 3.4/6 HH
                          - 1.2/3 A18-49
                          Well I suck at math, but don't those numbers look really really good???

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
                            Well I suck at math, but don't those numbers look really really good???
                            We need to get more of a 2.0+ situation happening to really feel safe, but V is getting back up, which is progress.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                              I hope we don't have to pull a Jericho here people.
                              We'll do what has to be done

But more realistically, pulling a Jericho is something that will only happen once I think, especially by CBS, the current leader in viewers (according to Nielson).

EDIT: And just noticed this, but a whole lotta old people watch NCIS (and its spinoff). For the most watched show on TV, a huge chunk of them are older than 49 or younger than 18. Glee does better in the young-middle-aged audience, and gets like half the total viewers.
                              Last edited by Caesis; 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Why does it matter what age the viewers are? People are watching the show isnt that all that matters? Why do the ratings need to go up for ages 18-49?

Sorry I just dont understand the ratings system at all. So if somebody could explain it that would be great! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎