No announcement yet.

Last Night's Episode Ratings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Night's Episode Ratings

Overnight ratings indicate a gain of 0.1 in the 18-49 demo, to a 1.9- easily ABC's best showing (I know, not saying much). The overall viewership was 4.39 million, which is consistent with the last few weeks.

The ratings are not great, but the show definitely has a loyal following.

Numbers from the Media Week forum:

No Ordinary Family (Viewers: #4, 5.04 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4)
    V (Viewers: #3, 5.39 million; A18-49: #3, 1.9/ 5)
    Detroit 1-8-7 (Viewers: #2, 5.21 million; A18-49: #3, 1.2/ 3)

Ratings For Last Night's Episode

Latest Ratings:

V (Viewers: #3, 5.39 million; A18-49: #3, 1.9/ 5)
    Early Ratings:

-Yesterday’s Losers (excluding repeats):

No Ordinary Family (ABC), One Tree Hill (CW), V (ABC), Traffic Light (Fox), Hellcats (CW), Detroit: 1.8-7 (ABC), Parenthood (NBC)

Elsewhere, ABC housed three “losers” last night: No Ordinary Family (#4: 3.3/ 5), V (#4: 3.7/ 6) and Detroit 1-8-7 (#3: 3.4/ 6). And The CW two: One Tree Hill (#5: 1.3/ 2) and relocated Hellcats (#5: 1.1/ 2). Sadly, One Tree Hill is one of The CW’s higher rated series. As a reminder, long-awaited ABC crime solver Body of Proof steps into the Tuesday 10 p.m. hour in April.
    Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 02-16-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

^^^^ Thanks for the info. I thought last nights ep was good. I hope they don't cancel this show but unfortunately, the numbers aren't there.

Comment

Actually, I think the ratings for last night is a positive thing.

At the 9:00 half hour, V was at 1.8 and 5.278 viewers.
        At the 9:30 half hour, V grew to a 1.9 and 5.498 viewers.

While NOF and Detroit dropped in their second half hours, V grew in both the viewers and demo. The 2nd half hour of "Siege" was freaking fantastic and had one of the most fist-pumping endings I've ever seen on TV, so I'm not surprised it went up. Glad to see it.

Comment

Hey...

I posted the initial info three minutes before this. Can someone merge the threads?

It's good that there was in increase in the second half-hour.

Comment

Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
              I posted the initial info three minutes before this.
              My bad. I didn't realize you beat me to to it until after I posted mine.

Here's some other good news.

'TV Ratings Tuesday: Fox & CBS Tie; With 'NCIS,' 'Good Wife,' 'Raising Hope,' 'Biggest Loser,' At Lows; But 'V' Gains'

V was the sole broadcast primetime show up vs. last week, rose 6% to a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating.

Source: TV by the Numbers
              Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

No problem, Super_K.

Some will scoff, saying "it's only 0.1." But, it's not losing audience week in and week out, so that says something.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                  Some will scoff, saying "it's only 0.1." But, it's not losing audience week in and week out, so that says something.
                  Agreed. It's when shows start dropping and continue to drop that make you question things.

V has been steady and has been hanging really close to that 2.0 demo and it's been going up against GIANTS in that timeslot.

The fact that V has a steady fanbase, is the best of the night for the network, has been getting better, creatively, and shows jumps in SECOND HALF HOURS?

That has to say something.

Comment

V's fanbase Is stable.V Is often this season despite long hituas and hurt by Warner Brothers refusal to allow V to be shown Online matching what the spring 2010 episodes of V were getting or doing slightly better.V went up slightly In 18-49 Demo.Remember ABC has in past been quick to brag about what V has done In the demo.V Improves on No Ordianry family,and and Detroit 1-8-7 can't hold V's numbers.V does best on ABC on tuesday night.Also remember ABC hasn't done very good with launching new hour long shows this season.

V as best ABC show on tuesday helps chance of a third season.As I have said I believe V has 50/50 chance at a 10-12 episode third season.Factors may come down to what other scripted shows do on tuesday after V finishes this season,how ABC pilots look,and how much support from ABC top brass V has.

Comment

"Body of Proof" is the new show ABC will be pushing- it will air after the DWTS results show, which does not necessarily mean it will be do well- see "Detroit 1-8-7." 9though D187 did have higher numbers when it first debuted).

Comment

I liked Body of Proof more when it was called Rizzoli & Isles, but we'll see how it does. It has a big-named lead and could do well, despite the fact that she's pretty much copying Maura Isles. Airing after DWTS could help it.

But, with V? I'm hoping that V's showrunner gets the same chance as last year to pitch his Season 3 to the network and let that help them decide whether or not to keep it. Having steady numbers is going to help plead the show's case.

Also? We have 4 more episodes left and things are really starting to pick up in the story, so we could see numbers go up even more (hopefully).

I kind of love that people are shocked that V went up in the 9:30 hour. Get it, V.

Comment

I agree savepeoplething!

Other thing, we are lucky that numbers are still like this because V could have been dropping in the very first episodes, but it did not! remember this long hiatus (may 2010 to january 2011) ? Some shows wouldn't keep a steady audience with a long wait like this! V did it! WE did it!

4 episodes left, let's hope ratings will go up even more ! (as savingpeoplething said!)

Comment

I like Dana Delany.I ahven't watched Desperate Housewives since she left but Body of Proof doesn't exactly wow me.The only thing that would get me to watch Is Dana and Jeri ryan being on the show.I also think the fact It was suspose to premiere In fall but for such a long time ABC didn't know when and where to premiere it Is poentiently a bad sign on quality.Even if dancing witht he stars result show helps with overall ratings it may not get much 18-49 Demo.A night with glee and the NCIS powerhoue duo makes what V Is doing decent showing.Unlike No ordinary Family It Is steady and actully Increases In second half hour.No Ordinary Family regular decreses while V remains steady.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                              Other thing, we are lucky that numbers are still like this because V could have been dropping in the very first episodes, but it did not! remember this long hiatus (may 2010 to january 2011) ? Some shows wouldn't keep a steady audience with a long wait like this!
                              That aspect, alone, is actually really remarkable.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎