X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

no promotion with a friday night slot, 2.3 is still decent

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      Oh come on I really doubt just cause that preview clip was released caused folks not to watch. Probably has more to do with the delay and some not liking last week episode. I wish numbers where higher. This episode was great and should have been higher.

What you doubt is YOUR opinion! and what I stated is MINE!.. and the ratings tells it as well, we will see over the next two weeks, I bet the ratings wont pick up till the next three weeks and that is MY OPINION, if you dont mind me having one that is.

Comment

Originally posted by LuLu
        What you doubt is YOUR opinion! and what I stated is MINE!.. and the ratings tells it as well, we will see over the next two weeks, I bet the ratings wont pick up till the next three weeks and that is MY OPINION, if you dont mind me having one that is.
        Considering every other show besides Vampire Diaries(which pulled a season low 2.8M I believe) got less then 2M viewers on the CW this week, what Smallville did is not bad in comparison.
        Last edited by Supsfan; 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Well Monday is Valentine's Day, so of course the ratings are going to be down

Comment

Originally posted by Christina :)
            Well Monday is Valentine's Day, so of course the ratings are going to be down
            ?????????!

Comment

As I predicted another low rated episode this will continue for the next two episodes. NO COMMENTS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Some people dont get it so I wont say it... but the preview for beacon turned people off!! (the after sex scene!wtf!) so two out of two for me...
              Way to go! tptb congradulations on f....it up!
              I must see different previews because the previews I see right after the show airs on TV are a lot shorter and I never saw a chlollie scene

Comment

Originally posted by Christina :)
                I must see different previews because the previews I see right after the show airs on TV are a lot shorter and I never saw a chlollie scene
                the Chlollie scene was the online clip for the episode

Comment

The ratings are clear and tangible enough to understand, if you have been following the ratings cycles. I dont remember who but someone stated that Collateral did worse than Supergirl, and now Beacon did worse THAN COLLATERAL, SO THAT IS AS CONCRETE AS YOU CAN GET! YOU CAN'T BLAME THE WEATHER OR VALENTINES DAY OR ARBOR DAY OR WHATEVER!
                  The conclusion is that since season 8 the ratings have not been this low even the episodes that everyone claim they hated this season,10, such harvest, patriot supergirl did MUCH better than the above mention episodes.(by the way I loved those episodes, at least a lot better than collateral)

SO believe what you want, the answer is clear to me, there have been breaks and delays before and the ratings did not dip as low as these episodes.

Any way I do have a life to return to, I am trying to bake some blueberry muffins for my honey

Comment

i agree i work at a resturant and it was busy last night, and it will be all weekend. People go out ya know.

Sv ratings still strong with no promo. it was a great ep im hype!

Comment

Some good news...Smallville is #1 on Amazon Video on Demand.

Comment

Originally posted by jbshmdfb
                        the Chlollie scene was the online clip for the episode

It was also send as screencaps/pics, they were there for like a week, obviously they were being promoted heavily.

Comment

I'm not surprised.

Comment

Such a small percentage of the audience actually sees the online clip and most of those are big fans who will watch no matter what. Look at how many people here watched the preview, disliked it, and still watched the episode. Most of the people who watched the preview clip would have had to tune out for this to matter and I know they didn't -- especially since the clip tended to circulate most among Chloe/Chlollie fans who certainly watched. I almost never like the preview clips, but that doesn't stop me from watching.

Like others are saying, it hasn't been a good week for the CW shows that usually show pretty strong:

TVD:
                            December 1st: 3.16
                            January 27th: 3.55
                            February 3rd: 3.22
                            February 10th: 2.79

Supernatural:
                            December 10th: 2.27
                            February 4th: 2.25
                            February 11th: 1.96

You can't blame the fall in the ratings of TVD or Supernatural on a Smallville preview clip. There is no evidence that it is because of the clip and the ratings for TVD and Supernatural seem to indicate that it is a trend in the end of week CW ratings.

In season 8, all but 1 of the first 11 episodes reached over 4million viewers. After that the only episode to reach 4million viewers was Power in episode 13 (and that can really be considered part of the first half of the season's ratings trend with episode 12 being a second under 4m episode for the half). Nothing after that reached 4million and the second half showed a trend in much lower ratings with Stiletto and Doomsday getting only a little over 3million which was down a million viewers from early episodes.

Last season Hostage, Sacrifice and Upgrade were all under 2million and while that dip occurred later in the season, I think that this season's ratings dip is going to occur earlier than last season due to the final episodes likely pulling in more people to see how it ends (especially if they promo it right) and Absolute Justice being a big boost in momentum for the second half with good promo and strong comic fan pull in.

Episodes 16 to 21 last season were all under 2.3 million (this week's rating) but I think this season is going to go out stronger than other seasons because the final episodes should be the best ones if the producers know what they are doing. I think that in the end, this season's second half should wind up averaging higher than last season's if the middle continues to pull in 2.3 -2.5 million and the end numbers wind up higher. If the end episode ratings aren't higher than last season (where they were very low), something isn't right with promotion or the episodes themselves.
                            Last edited by A Flawed Fashion; 02-12-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

The ratings are clear and tangible enough to understand, if you have been following the ratings cycles. I dont remember who but someone stated that Collateral did worse than Supergirl, and now Beacon did worse THAN COLLATERAL, SO THAT IS AS CONCRETE AS YOU CAN GET! YOU CAN'T BLAME THE WEATHER OR VALENTINES DAY OR ARBOR DAY OR WHATEVER!
                              The conclusion is that since season 8 the ratings have not been this low even the episodes that everyone claim they hated this season,10, such harvest, patriot supergirl did MUCH better than the above mention episodes.(by the way I loved those episodes, at least a lot better than collateral)

SO believe what you want, the answer is clear to me, there have been breaks and delays before and the ratings did not dip as low as these episodes.

Any way I do have a life to return to, I am trying to bake some blueberry muffins for my honey
                              Actually supergirl is still the lowest, collateral and beacon are slightly higher than it is.

Comment

Smallville is holding steady in its ratings for this week's episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎