Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Daddy Issues?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was me who said Damon would make a good politician.

He is good at portraying a certain public appearance. He makes problems go away and he has a charm that endears him to people (ie not most members of the Clique he is in) but people outside of it. Politicians can be and are often far different than the persona they portray. They are actually drawing on the same skills an actor does.

Yes Damon is a cold blooded killer. He is however direct which is what you need your politician to be.

As someone else stated hes a vampire who has become head of the Council thats purpose is to protect the town against the Vampires. Hes not a nice Vampire but again he uses his abilities to portray himself that the town needs. He killed Lexi to get a scapegoat, he used the body of Rose so Sheriff Forbes knows that he can best a Vampire solo AND that he is willing to risk that to protect the town.

Damon loves a party. Lets face it. Mystic Falls IS the party capital of the nation. He fits in.

Please DO aspire to be a Damon style politician. You will last longer in the role. Just when you bury your political enemies, dont do it in a location that is subject to flooding and where a neurotic blond cheerleader might stumble across the body. Burying body = bad. Burning Body = better.

Isobel isnt the only one with Vampiric Lore. If the information is still there that Vampire datadealer (who staked himself.. oh so cool scene there) would have a bucket load of data on that hard drive.

Comment

Could there be more to the bracelet that Uncle John gave Elena? Maybe it is like one of the Gilbert rings. I would hope that the Gilbert men would want to protect their spouses, so that could be a possibility.

Also, Uncle John telling Damon how to kill an original felt a bit too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
        Could there be more to the bracelet that Uncle John gave Elena? Maybe it is like one of the Gilbert rings. I would hope that the Gilbert men would want to protect their spouses, so that could be a possibility.

I was thinking just the same. I mean, we all know how UJ hates vampires (he declared it himself more the once) and now he gives just to Damon the "weapons" to kill an Original??? Damon, the one he tried to "barbecue" ??!!!! ( paraphrasing Damon´s own words)
        Not

And interesting theory abt the bracelet. It makes totally sense. just too easy but also too suspicious.

Comment

Strike me up to another one who is totally confused about where the Bonnie/Jeremy touchy-feely-giggle-fest came from. Last I remember, Bonnie told him she just "couldn't go there".

Otherwise - as always, I am loving this show. I loved the Damon/Rose scene when he killed her. How sweet (for a vampire, LOL).

Uncle John's reappearance does nothing for the show. Also should get rid of Matt - he's just filler. Elena's aunt can go, too. Nothing much for her to do, except hang on to good-looking what's-his-face guy. Come to think of it, he's not much in character driven mode either. I don't understand exactly where VD is going with all these "characters" - most of them are just fillers.

And I want Katherine OUT of that damn cave. She's got meddlesome work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter

I had forgotten about the bracelet...hmmm. It could be something to protect Elena with or it could be just good old fashion technology and be a tracer. so he can always find Elena. That is if she decides to wear it.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rej@ne
            I was thinking just the same. I mean, we all know how UJ hates vampires (he declared it himself more the once) and now he gives just to Damon the "weapons" to kill an Original??? Damon, the one he tried to "barbecue" ??!!!! ( paraphrasing Damon´s own words)
            Not

And interesting theory abt the bracelet. It makes totally sense. just too easy but also too suspicious.
            Exactly...and we don't really know if it can kill an original. Maybe John was just using it as a way for Elijah and Damon to kill each other off. And John didn't have to lift a finger.
            Last edited by Sugar; 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
              2 - Isobel was turned by Damon in the 80´s, meanning she´s kinda newvie, right?? well, still, she´s damn more powerful then Damon and everyone fears her. Even Katherine requestes her help... How Isobel turned to be so powerful in such a little time of being a vampire??
              Isobell was not turned in the 80's. She had Elena in the 80's and she was also married to Alaric before she turned. Her turn is recent. However, she did seem to be more powerful or at least as powerful as Damon. Which was weird since he created her and she is so young. I don;t think anyone feared her I think they were just trying not to piss her off because she new about Katherine.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎